Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What proof would there be that they caught it from Disney, though? You really can’t prove where you got it from.
Depends. If there was an outbreak where several CMs working in the same area catch it then surely there is fairly conclusive proof?

From our local news -

'Silent carriers:' Of 259 inmate COVID-19 cases, 98% in NC prison showing no symptoms

Maybe Disney could let people sign waivers of personal responsibility and aid in the spread of herd immunity- therefore helping the entire country get moving and jump start the economy! If they put too many restrictive measures in place a lot of people just won’t go. I know I won’t
And all the over 60s or obese or other underlying health issue CMs... well sorry.

I 100% agree with them having a waiver. I think it would be silly for them NOT to have one.
I don't understand why people think Disney would need waivers. I think it would be extremely hard for someone to prove that they caught covid at Walt Disney World much less neglect by Disney.

Getting injured doing a dangerous activity. Your injury was at a known location.

With covid someone could have infected days before arriving at Walt Disney World. They could have been infected on airplane or drive down. If they were staying off property they could be infected there. If they stayed on property but left for any reason like to hit an outlet mall, they could have been infected during that time frame.

So in short Disney really doesn't need someone to sign waivers.

In regards to the monorail. What is difference between them and the buses. Plus the small boats that transport people from the MK hotels are not really conducive to distancing.

In regards to sanitizing ride vehicles between each use. While I guess it would be do-able for attractions like the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. Won't work to well a ride like the Haunted Mansion. For the people that have mentioned this, I am wondering what your thoughts are how they would accomplish this. I am my own ideas, but think in the real world they would be impracticable.

I don't understand why people think Disney would need waivers. I think it would be extremely hard for someone to prove that they caught covid at Walt Disney World much less neglect by Disney.

Getting injured doing a dangerous activity. Your injury was at a known location.

With covid someone could have infected days before arriving at Walt Disney World. They could have been infected on airplane or drive down. If they were staying off property they could be infected there. If they stayed on property but left for any reason like to hit an outlet mall, they could have been infected during that time frame.

So in short Disney really doesn't need someone to sign waivers.

In regards to the monorail. What is difference between them and the buses. Plus the small boats that transport people from the MK hotels are not really conducive to distancing.

In regards to sanitizing ride vehicles between each use. While I guess it would be do-able for attractions like the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. Won't work to well a ride like the Haunted Mansion. For the people that have mentioned this, I am wondering what your thoughts are how they would accomplish this. I am my own ideas, but think in the real world they would be impracticable.

I agree that you can't prove where you caught it. I actually just posted that above this reply. However, it would deter people from trying to sue them anyway.

What if everything related to opening Disney back up was "at will"? You want to work at Disney? It's your free will to do so and you know the risks you're taking. You want to visit a theme park? Again, you may do so...on your own free will. You want to wipe your seat/lapbar down before getting into the ride? Sure as shooting, you can...as long as you aren't holding up the line. I know we live in a litigious society, but all this talk of suing Disney gives me a big, fat headache. Like, really? What happened to us taking responsibility for our actions while making decisions that are best for us and our families? Sorry, I but I'm exasperated.

This is not accurate. They would not become legally responsible in your scenario. The scenario you have presented has entirely too many variables to identify any legal responsibility upon Disney for a false negative test. There simply would be no way to prove that individual was the cause of infection in a large, crowded, constantly moving environment like Disney World. The likelihood of Disney testing, on the other hand, seems ludicrous given the variables and fact that someone could get infected an hour after taking the test.

This is also inaccurate. Many individuals under 50 have died.
I dont think any of us can claim to know how responsible Disney would have been unless it has been tested in court. This is all very new and would be up for courts to decide.

Does Disney want to put themselves in the position where they may find themselves in court over this? Probably not and so they must protect their CMs - even if that means not opening for a few more months.

What I suspect is going to happen in America is that people will be tested and then given some kind of "ID" card indicating that they've already had the virus. Once you're 'in the clear' so to speak, you can go wherever you want. We're not sure if you can get COVID-19 again, but I'm betting you can't. In this situation, WDW may only allow people who have the "ID" card into their parks, hotels, Magical Express, etc.

Just a thought. At this point, everything is conjecture.

I am only catching up with reading. My issue with this avenue is that no one knows about any immunity. You may have had the virus but does it make you immune? If so, how long? No one has any idea about this. Last I heard is a 90 day immunity but it isn’t proven, so what happens. I show immunity day 1 of vacation but then am not immune day 5 but could have been spreading this?

I understand we are dealing with 2 major issues, the economy and everyone’s health. It is going to be a balancing act for sure. we are currently working from home so fortunate there. My DS works for the state and our governor said today there may be historic layoffs if money doesn’t come through for aid. There is no easy way out of any of this.

As far as Disney, I predict whatever they do they are trying to figure out exactly what the people’s will bear and put up with. Just as is said about the ticket pricing, goes up and people still pay, so it goes up again. People complain but enough go to warrant the increase in price.

Goes back to personal responsibility. Unless someone is forcing them to work there. Kinda sounds like the ‘app’ idea from China. Lots of jobs require certain physical abilities. Those CMs who did not feel comfortable could find another job.

Interesting that you've mentioned "personal responsibility" a few times, yet you've also said you will not wear a mask ...

I am thinking how hard it will be for Disney to open, if these are the parameters to need to be dealt with. The exorbitant cost of tests to begin with and how many tests for each person. Everyday someone enters a parK? Having to wipe down cars/seats after each ride experience is so very time consuming, necessary but time consuming. It will dramatically slow the whole experience down.

I presume there are people that won’t mind any of it. Enough to have it profitable to be open? Time will tell.
There are some in the health/science field thinking there may come to a point we will be in another lockdown situation if another wave hits. I can‘t link anything as I‘m not going to go searching but have heard this.

No correlation between number of asymptomatic and being able to achieve herd immunity.

You're assuming we're well on the way to whole populations having already had it I assume? But we'd still be a long long way from that.

But then if there is no immunity then it's entirely irrelevant anyway.

As for how long to keep social distancing - we need to keep it until we're well on the way to it being wiped out entirely. Probably down to double digit or lower new cases per day in most countries.
And then what if it comes back when social distancing is relaxed?

Close one thread and move to another. We have a community board for virus discussions. This thread is not for that.
LOL i was just about to say this. People have too much free time now and are really taking all of this (Disney predictions) too seriously. None of us have any real idea what Disney will do, and it’s creating a toxic environment.

I think Disney will definitely work to ensure their CMs are as safe as possible. This might mean having CMs leave all costumes at DW, who will ensure they are clean and uninflected every time they step into a costume. It will mean they have masks for each costume that go with the theme. Maybe scarf like masks in GE, bandanas in Adventureland, lace edged ones for the lady shop keepers on Main Street etc. They may not require CMs wear them, but they will have them is they’d feel more comfortable wearing them. All would have gloves.

I think temp checks and all that other stuff will happen. But I’ve thought about them opening sooner with waivers. Everyone assumes their own risk such as going to a trampoline park or skydiving. If you don’t feel comfortable signing a waiver you don’t walk into the park, simple.
What is the point of temp check, just peace of mind for the worried people? It takes 5 to 7 days to have a fever if you even get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter