ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember when you were in the hospitality suite.
yea, since you weren't on club floor, you didn't get the club lounge perk. :(

i did get to take the "big tour" when Bluer and the Mrs had the presidentail suite on 7th floor.
it was wow oh wow.......and the club lounge was free for them since they were on club floor.
looking up from the outside, that presidential suite covered 3 or 4 of the window across.

i would look up at it when i was on the water taxi coming into dock at the hotel.
if the lights were on, i tried to see if i could see them.

it makes my king suite seem small.........:laughing:

What's funny is DS is still upset that he was not on that trip for the suite. We are still in wow at such a beautiful room. Every other suite and room in RPR is not anything like it. I was very impressed with all the detail and real woodwork. DW is still mad that we did not use the jacuzzi. :rotfl2:

To be honest we felt lost in that room as being to big but I'm not really complaining. :goodvibes

my king suite for my october stay is more than the club king suite.
depending on your dates of stay, determines if that will be your case or not.

THe king suite is more than the club king suite or the king suite is more than the club king room?

THe king suite is more than the club king suite or the king suite is more than the club king room?

when i checked my dates for the october trip, the king suite costs more per night than booking a club king suite.

i don't book king bed rooms but king suite.
i get two rooms with this suite and i am going solo.

i'm guessing it can vary based on date.

What's funny is DS is still upset that he was not on that trip for the suite. We are still in wow at such a beautiful room. Every other suite and room in RPR is not anything like it. I was very impressed with all the detail and real woodwork. DW is still mad that we did not use the jacuzzi. :rotfl2:

To be honest we felt lost in that room as being to big but I'm not really complaining. :goodvibes

it was the tv in the bathroom that blew me away.
oh and the stocked refrigerator.
a real regular size fridge......!

can't forget mentioning that one room that was a den.

i bet Ellen used that room when using her computor.

Can you pay at check in to upgrade to club? Also I have chronic osteoarthritis in my legs which means I can only walk short distances with a cane, where will I park? Would I manage to walk to the parks or I'm thinking of hiring an ecv can I get there on that?

Can you pay at check in to upgrade to club? Also I have chronic osteoarthritis in my legs which means I can only walk short distances with a cane, where will I park? Would I manage to walk to the parks or I'm thinking of hiring an ecv can I get there on that?

You may add club at checkin if there is room, by meaning room that there is not to many people booked to use club. Just because you have club does not mean you will be on club floor. I believe it is still $100 per night.

I would rent an ecv no matter what. With your condition it will make things a lot easier. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice, we are only there for one night but it's 30th oct so expecting it will be really busy.
Will probably get an ecv can I get on a shuttle or water taxi with it though, like at Disney?

Is shipping to RPR allowed like it is at the WDW hotels? I'd like to ship some stuff to the hotel before our check in.

Thanks for the advice, we are only there for one night but it's 30th oct so expecting it will be really busy. Will probably get an ecv can I get on a shuttle or water taxi with it though, like at Disney?

I know the water taxi does and it's very easy. For the bus you would be better off walking and riding the ecv. The bus drops off at Citywalk parking garage.

If the rest if the party can walk it is really a short distance from RPR to the parks. This will all come together when you see it.

Thankyou again, this is invaluable, yes my son and husband are fully mobile, damn them LOL, only ever stayed at Disney so this is all new to us

But if club is sold out on any of your nights, you can't upgrade. We tried last time we stayed at RPR and were unable to do so.

Hi All RPR vets!! Newbies like me too!!
I need some advice and tips.

I will be coming to Orlando at a very busy time. We are diving down on Jan 1, 2015 about an 11 hour nonstop drive. It will be 3 of us. Me(turning 50 on the trip.) Mom who is 79 with early alzheimers but wants another Orlando trip, and Morgan my God-daughter who will be 20 at the time. We are planning to get into Florida on 1/1/15 by meeting Morgan around 6am(about 20 minutes from our house) and me driving while Morgan and Mom sleep until they wake up. I am guessing this will be about 9 or 10 am and hopefully we will be in SC. After they wake up, we will stop for at least 2 meals on the road and to walk Mom at least every 1 and 1/2 hours. Hopefully arriving with in an hour or so of Universal on Weds evening and staying at a Starwood hotel on points earned by moving Morgan to college and going to see her etc.!!
We would like to arrive at RPR early am, breaking for rest and to get into our room in the afternoon and then maybe back to the parks in the evening. None of us will be ready for the car after the 10 + hour ride the day before. We would like to be up early Saturday and be back in the parks. We will have park to park passes. Mom usually rides everything with us except rollercoasters (big ones) She rides all the Mountains at Disney. She travels in a wheel chair but gets out to walk and sit at tables to eat. The wheel chair keeps her from falling because of depth perception issues and getting away from us because we are pushing her.

Here are all my RPR and Universal questions

1) How early can I check in and get my express passes?
2) Will Diagon Alley be an early admission area as is Harry Potter at IOA?
3) How early can you get in this time of the year?
4) If we check in early, will RPR text or call us to let us know our room is ready and about what time has it been in your experience?
5) What are the best spots to people watch and relax at RPR?
6) Where do you all eat when at RPR with the best prices and options for people with food allergies? Peanuts, corn and pork for me. One fun sized snickers caused caused an 9 hour migraine that even with meds has just gone away. Corn and corn products cause migraines. and pork causes anaphalaxis. This includes gelatin. I am game for any places to eat on Universal, IOA or any of the hotels or off property that are easy to get to.
7) What are your not to miss things to do(shows, rides, parades and other attractions) at Universal, IOA, Citywalk and the onsite hotels?
8) How is Universal and IOA with disabilbities? Mom has recently qualified for a GAC pass at Disney. Sometimes she waits well and others she doesn't...thus staying at RPR for the express and early admission privelidges.

Thanks in advance for the help!!! And Answers!!

Can't wait. I have never been to Universal, Mom hasn't either and Morgan has a couple of times. Morgan and I love thrill rides so we also would like to know good people watching spots to park Mom near the rollercoasters that she won't ride ie Hulk, etc.

Also we will be checking in at Kidani on 1/3/15 through 1/9/15 so we will be getting our Disney fix with 4 day park hoppers.

Thanks again

Hi All RPR vets!! Newbies like me too!!
I need some advice and tips.

I will be coming to Orlando at a very busy time. We are diving down on Jan 1, 2015 about an 11 hour nonstop drive. It will be 3 of us. Me(turning 50 on the trip.) Mom who is 79 with early alzheimers but wants another Orlando trip, and Morgan my God-daughter who will be 20 at the time. We are planning to get into Florida on 1/1/15 by meeting Morgan around 6am(about 20 minutes from our house) and me driving while Morgan and Mom sleep until they wake up. I am guessing this will be about 9 or 10 am and hopefully we will be in SC. After they wake up, we will stop for at least 2 meals on the road and to walk Mom at least every 1 and 1/2 hours. Hopefully arriving with in an hour or so of Universal on Weds evening and staying at a Starwood hotel on points earned by moving Morgan to college and going to see her etc.!!
We would like to arrive at RPR early am, breaking for rest and to get into our room in the afternoon and then maybe back to the parks in the evening. None of us will be ready for the car after the 10 + hour ride the day before. We would like to be up early Saturday and be back in the parks. We will have park to park passes. Mom usually rides everything with us except rollercoasters (big ones) She rides all the Mountains at Disney. She travels in a wheel chair but gets out to walk and sit at tables to eat. The wheel chair keeps her from falling because of depth perception issues and getting away from us because we are pushing her.

Here are all my RPR and Universal questions

1) How early can I check in and get my express passes?6:00 am is what i have done before.
2) Will Diagon Alley be an early admission area as is Harry Potter at IOA?
too early to tell. not opened yet.
3) How early can you get in this time of the year?
9:00am off site, 8:00 am onsite
4) If we check in early, will RPR text or call us to let us know our room is ready and about what time has it been in your experience?
text
5) What are the best spots to people watch and relax at RPR?
open lobby fountain, pool, enclosed lobby
6) Where do you all eat when at RPR with the best prices and options for people with food allergies? Peanuts, corn and pork for me. One fun sized snickers caused caused an 9 hour migraine that even with meds has just gone away. Corn and corn products cause migraines. and pork causes anaphalaxis. This includes gelatin. I am game for any places to eat on Universal, IOA or any of the hotels or off property that are easy to get to. contact guest services for dietary issue help
7) What are your not to miss things to do(shows, rides, parades and other attractions) at Universal, IOA, Citywalk and the onsite hotels?
8) How is Universal and IOA with disabilbities? Mom has recently qualified for a GAC pass at Disney. Sometimes she waits well and others she doesn't...thus staying at RPR for the express and early admission privelidges.
if you are staying on site, no asst pass needed. use the express lines.

Thanks in advance for the help!!! And Answers!!

Can't wait. I have never been to Universal, Mom hasn't either and Morgan has a couple of times. Morgan and I love thrill rides so we also would like to know good people watching spots to park Mom near the rollercoasters that she won't ride ie Hulk, etc.

Also we will be checking in at Kidani on 1/3/15 through 1/9/15 so we will be getting our Disney fix with 4 day park hoppers.

Thanks again
answers above

Thanks McRaven!!

:thumbsup2

forgot to add above but UO park and rides are in compliance with ADA.
some rides you can use the w/c in the line and then transfer to another chair to get to the ride.
rest of park no issues with w/c usage.

I'm looking at the video & floor plan for a standard queen room. I'll probably be bringing a friend of my kids and I'm wondering where to set up the rollaway.
Has anyone ever done this? Is the rollaway going right up against one of the other beds?

I'm looking at the video & floor plan for a standard queen room. I'll probably be bringing a friend of my kids and I'm wondering where to set up the rollaway.
Has anyone ever done this? Is the rollaway going right up against one of the other beds?

We just bring a twin size air mattress and set it up between the window and bed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter