• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Now I can go back to being excited like a little kid again. We are planning on going to the 2 main parks, Blue Man Group, and the luau. We might even take a day to go to Busch Gardens. My daughter and husband will probably want to go to the water park one day. I don't really care for water parks, so I'm thinking about going back to Universal by myself and just doing the things I want to do.

I see that there is a Jake's Beer Dinner scheduled for December 9th. Has anyone done it before? I'm debating with myself if I should book it. Anyone know if it sells out? Planning on eating at Toothsome's a couple of times during our stay, but might trade one of those visits for the Beer Dinner.

Quick Report:

Arrived at RPR on Friday November around 6pm. Kids were excited to learn we would be staying onsite again and they would have access to FOTL as well.

Checkin was smooth, nobody else in line in front of us, guy helping us was very nice and friendly. We all received leis and decided to head right up to our room first.

First impressions....well the room was much smaller than the room we'd had at Portofino Bay back in June. However it was one night and we just had a small camp roll with sleeping bag for kid #3 to use (instead of the inflatable mattress we had used at PBR back in June) and so it was fine for the three of us. I liked that this time we did at least have a fridge we could use, even though we didn't need it.

Up next was food as we had been in the car since about 4am that morning. We headed downstairs to Jakes, but stopped first at the kiosks to have our FOTL passes created. I had to laugh at those...why even bother with the photos as you clearly could not make out any of us in them. We even tried using external lighting for the last two...yeah not any better.

Headed to Jakes for dinner and were handed different menus...some of us had the lunch menus and some had dinner...but we got that resolved. Decided to split a few apps that sounded good and DH got the beer flight served in a propeller which he really enjoyed. Pretzel breadsticks were yummy. Wings were a bit too hot for me but boys loved them. Caesar salad was very good. My daughter had a quesadilla which she liked and we also shared a flatbread which was good. DH also got a soup. We enjoyed all of the food and it was more than enough for the five of us.

Afterwards we decided to explore Citywalk and that was fun, never been there in the evening. Quite the scene with lots of bars along the way. DH and I hit Fat Tuesday for some adult frozen beverages:

IMG_20161118_213420_zpsawj32r3t.jpg

We then decided to play some miniature golf as we are huge minigolf fans.

We loved this course...a lot of fun and would love to go back and play the other one there.

IMG_20161118_203545936_zpsgyejth1m.jpg

IMG_20161118_210740525_zpssqs3km2b.jpg

IMG_20161118_212113335_zpsdl7nhnth.jpg

Definitely a fun course to play at night too!

Back to the resort for the evening. We ended up walking over to citywalk and taking the boat back. DD indulged in Starbucks before we returned back to the room. A very easy walk to do which was nice.

So for our limited time, we felt RPR was just fine. Sorry we couldn't check out the pool or most of the rest of the resort. The bathroom was fine, plenty of towels and toiletries for us. Beds were fine as well. Checked out the next morning and the only issue was the parking gate, which didn't work on the day we arrived (we buzzed to have them let us enter) and then didn't work when we tried to leave (with our room key) but they did charge us the one day fee. I think we would return there for the future, although we still have other resorts we'd like to check out as well.

Full report of our time at the Universal parks to be included in my PTR link below at some point!

Glad you had a nice time and really glad you came back to tell us about it.

The EP pictures seem to be a hit and a miss......mine was quite clear weirdly, but Tom's wasn't........

Love the haunted side of the mini golf, glad you enjoyed it......the other side is good too, but, we think haunted side is best.

Look forward to reading your trip report when you do it.........:)

Quick question...does Jake's take reservations? We will either eat room service, Bula Bar or Jake's on Christmas Day for dinner. We want to see how we are feeling after a day at Discovery Cove, but being that it will be Christmas Day, I don't want to not have options. We don't want to over extend ourselves since we have to get up so early for rope drop at Universal. TIA!

Is there an email address that I can send an email about customer service? It's a rave, not a rant, lol. I looked online and saw an actual address and a phone number, but I'd rather send an email if possible.

If we book a club level room, can we get breakfast/snacks the morning of checkin? We'll probably head over about 7:30 am to get our EP. Wondering if we can grab a quick bite before heading to the parks or if we should have breakfast elsewhere. Also, are we able to use the Club Lounge on checkout day after official check out time?

If we book a club level room, can we get breakfast/snacks the morning of checkin? We'll probably head over about 7:30 am to get our EP. Wondering if we can grab a quick bite before heading to the parks or if we should have breakfast elsewhere. Also, are we able to use the Club Lounge on checkout day after official check out time?

As soon as you check in you can take advantage of the CL.......you`ll have the elevator access.

As for after check out, officially no. You wont be able to access the lounge. However, if its not busy and you speak to them they can extend access till around 3pm.

We saw someone ask if they could stay for evening offerings after they had checked out as they had a late flight, and were told no, it wasn't possible as numbers are counted.

As soon as you check in you can take advantage of the CL.......you`ll have the elevator access.

As for after check out, officially no. You wont be able to access the lounge. However, if its not busy and you speak to them they can extend access till around 3pm.

We saw someone ask if they could stay for evening offerings after they had checked out as they had a late flight, and were told no, it wasn't possible as numbers are counted.

Thanks. Trying to weigh the pros and cons (and a bit afraid that if I spoil my kids with CL that every other visit will pale in comparison ;) ).

I asked at the Attraction Tickets counter this evening if they could exchange paper APs for plastic and they did! This after standing in a short line at GS outside US for 5 minutes until we realized the line wasn't moving and windows were closing.

We would like to pay the balance on our hotel bill. My husband called but the person said that we needed to fill out a long form and fax it back in. Is there an easier pay to pay? Can we call directly to someone? We don't have a fax and DH is not comfortable putting all that info and a copy of our credit card on one form.

We would like to pay the balance on our hotel bill. My husband called but the person said that we needed to fill out a long form and fax it back in. Is there an easier pay to pay? Can we call directly to someone? We don't have a fax and DH is not comfortable putting all that info and a copy of our credit card on one form.
I'm pretty sure I have heard UO resort regulars discussing this before and I remember them talking about a form and faxing it in. Let me see if I can find a link to that discussion

It's just as easy to pay the room cost when you check in if you do not feel comfortable prepaying the room by fax set up

How does the Loews youfirst rewards work? We are blue members and are staying Dec 17-22. Do we ask for upgrade availability when we check in or do they automatically check for us? Also, what about late check out? Thanks!

Blue can get a free upgrade to water view room at time of checkin if it is available

Late check out can be at noon
Depends if the hotel is completely booked up on your check out date

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter