• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

we are 11 days out.. seems like it would never get here when we made the reservation. thanks schumigirl for the faq.. made it easier :)
looking forward to universal and hopefully kong is steady by when we get there.. too bad hulk will not be ready
anyway -
what tower do you (anyone) like and why. I am thinking about a request (knowing its not a given) for a high floor on tower 1.

i always make a request and it is always honored (knock on wood)

i prefer T1 or T3.
there are more views of the park and water areas in those two towers.

for me, T2 was a hit or miss on good views from the room.

I like the view of the pool/parks best so my favorite is T3.
I used to stay at T1, the views are also great there but i found more king suites available at the upper floors in T3

i always book a king suite and do not want to be on a lower floor.
I would miss the gorgeous view if i was on floor 1-3.

the views from floor 7 in T1 can be of the waterway (and it is great), the parks at ioa which include Dr Doom/Hulk if at the T portion of the hall, the water canal coming in from city walk or the highway if you are on the back side of the hotel.
if you are on a high floor in T1 and near the end towards the lobby placement you would have a great view of the pool, park and T3.

thanks mac.. how far out do you put the request in and do you call or email?
i always call when booking my room.
that way i can ask the TM about other discount rates that are available.
(ap, aaa, smsm, etc)

I always have a request listed on my reservation for a specific tower and room/higher floor.

They have always been able to get me the higher floor and tower.
only once in the past 10 years, i did not get the specific room number i wanted.
not an issue, other room was close by.

i prefer being near the elevator and i book a king suite each time.

while i am still on the phone, i ask the TM to read back my room request to make sure it is listed.

when i go in october, i book 11 months out.
when i go at other times, i try to have it booked and requests noted about 4 months out.
if i go in a busy time period, i book as soon as i know my dates are set in stone.

rates go up at times the closer i get to the check in date.
for my october stay this year, rates have increased by $80 for the room type i requested since i have booked.

When I made my reservation, I tried to use UO gift cards for the down payment and the person that I was talking to said I could not pay for the room with gift cards? I too like to get the points and perks buying gc's, so I would absolutely rather do that if I can. I booked a package, room and photo card. Maybe that's why?

If you book a package, it has to be prepaid before you arrive

That is for basic packages but maybe it has recently changed

I book room only

I do the gift cards in person and do show an id for verification at check in time

I hope the policy does not change when I check in this fall!

Newbie here - just booked 2 nights at RPR in Oct (using the AP code - plan to upgrade at least one ticket to an AP - still definitely saving on the room, possibly all 4, we're going back to WDW in February anyway :rolleyes1). Doing 2.5 US days (thanks UT for the buy 2 get 1 tickets) and then heading over to POR for two nights and a quick MNSSHP night.

My kids are NOT into scary, so we'll be skipping HHN. I've checked the calendar online but can't seem to find when the parks close on Oct 1st & 2nd - but I figure with a partial day on the 1st and full days on the 2nd & 3rd, even with the earlier closing, we should be fine to do everything we want (this is a full HP trip - DS & DH aren't into thrill rides).

Thanks for all the great info and pictures!

On Hhn nights studios closes at 5:00
Ioa closes either 7 or 8 weekday/ weekend ?

So the Saturday and Sunday move from the studios to ioa by 5:00

Ok - if the answer was there I didn't see so sorry for the stupid question below.

I looked at the refurb rooms - I really the decor better than the old ones - never stayed RPH just HRH, do the queen rooms have a tub or just the shower? Got a 2 year old would much rather have a tub than a shower

On Hhn nights studios closes at 5:00
Ioa closes either 7 or 8 weekday/ weekend ?

So the Saturday and Sunday move from the studios to ioa by 5:00

Perfect - thanks! I'm taking everyone at their word and envisioning a more laid back 2ish days of doing what we want (with EPs and a breakfast reservation Sunday morning to get our character fix ;) before we head over to POR for MNSSHP (rides not characters there - we already did the stand in line for hours two years ago to see Captain Jack, etc).

How busy are we talking for Ioa on a HHN? Saturday night we'll be tired from our early morning flight and I hadn't planned on a park day at all, but with the 3rd day free, I figured even for a few hours, we'd enjoy it (flight gets in at 11am) :)

Still debating the transportation - family of 4 - airport to RPR, RPR to POR, then POR to airport (DME is an option we love, but atm, our flight leaves at 8:45am UGGGG). Original plan didn't include POR and so a rental car seemed easiest to get to MK for the night (we hate hate hate the TTC, that was a deciding factor for the resort switch). Now I'm not sure if it's necessary - trying to figure out the cost of rental + parking on Sat-Sun-Mon (then free at POR) vs. other transportation. Anyone have opinions? Ease vs. cost?

For a 3 leg car service (depending who you hire) can run from $150 to $175 or up

Pluses are you don't drive or fill the gas tank or load luggage at all and no parking fees or deal with traffic

This how I handle going mco to wdw to UO to mco
I do nothing but sit in the car and pay the bill
No frustration, no dealing with finding parking spaces and get dropped off to the closest entry to hotel, airport and park
It works for me and ease for vacation overrides money when I am in Orlando

when i was there last october, towers 1 and 2 were completed.
i stayed at tower 3 and all but 2 floors were completed by then.

don't think club lounge (T3 floor 7) has been done yet.
I just contacted RPR Concierge and they told me the Club Lounge renos have been postponed until further notice. Still hope it's done before December.

Best route from airport? Does it matter or really depend on traffic? Opinions / advice appreciated. We will be arriving Wednesday at 7:15am. So you figure if all goes well we should be in the car leaving the airport by 8-8:15am

Airport to Royal Pacific

528 West to the turn pike to I4 west, to exit 74B universal to right on Hollywood Way to right into RPR. Tolls appear to be all cash.
Tolls from Airport to Turnpike - $2.25 Turnpike to I4 - $1

528 West to I4 East/North to exit Universal Blvd to left on Hollywood Way to right into RPR
Toll $4.25

Best route from airport? Does it matter or really depend on traffic? Opinions / advice appreciated. We will be arriving Wednesday at 7:15am. So you figure if all goes well we should be in the car leaving the airport by 8-8:15am

Airport to Royal Pacific

528 West to the turn pike to I4 west, to exit 74B universal to right on Hollywood Way to right into RPR. Tolls appear to be all cash.
Tolls from Airport to Turnpike - $2.25 Turnpike to I4 - $1

528 West to I4 East/North to exit Universal Blvd to left on Hollywood Way to right into RPR
Toll $4.25

After trying other routes we always stick to your last option and turn off at Universal Boulevard.

Tolls don't bother us, I know some people avoid them but that route suits us best. We find it the quickest way also and we tend to arrive late afternoon when traffic is busy too.

Hey guys!
Thinking about doing a quick trip up for July 4th, and was gonna purchase an AP for the first time.
What is the hotel discount I can expect if I do decide to get the AP? Thanks everyone!

After trying other routes we always stick to your last option and turn off at Universal Boulevard.

Tolls don't bother us, I know some people avoid them but that route suits us best. We find it the quickest way also and we tend to arrive late afternoon when traffic is busy too.
You can also get off on Kirkman Rd if traffic is backed up(like it usually is.) There is a ton of construction going on in the area so be careful. I always take the Kirkmam Rd exit. The only caveat to that exit is you have to get into the far left lane pretty quickly once you exit. As long as you know that ahead of time, no big deal.

Hey guys!
Thinking about doing a quick trip up for July 4th, and was gonna purchase an AP for the first time.
What is the hotel discount I can expect if I do decide to get the AP? Thanks everyone!
Probably not a lot left this close to the 4th. I'll check as I'm looking to book my October stay.

So very excited! Just booked our first ever stay at RPR!! We have stayed at PBH and HRH before but have always wanted to try RPR. 4 night stay for July 4 weekend------hope my husband agrees to go!!! My 2 sons are super excited. Will Skull Island be open while we are there? Any words of advice for special things to do at RPH

pcstang family and my family will be there the same time too.

We enjoy relaxing poolside in the hot afternoons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter