Room only discount code club

According to Mousesavers and Allears the fall AP discount code is out for Oct 3 to Dec 24

I wish someone would post them - trying to decide whether to get an AP this trip or not, and if there's no room-only codes for us to use (since we're blacked out for FD), and I can't get in on a decent AP rate, then it may be one trip this year instead of two or three. :(

So the free dining is out for Oct-2012 and and AP discounts are out, my guess is that the Florida residents are going to be S.O.L. if room only discounts are ever released, I guess we'll have whatever rooms are left over if any :headache:

It can be a mixed bag. Lately, the most desired discounts have been through "Pin numbers" that either get mailed or emailed to individual people/families. These are non-transferrable. Also, they are sent out in some unknown fashion, so it seems random. My TA and folks on this board report that they have received them soon after sending away for the planning DVD or customized park maps. These discounts can range between 15% and 40% off room-only reservations, often varying by type of resort.

Sometimes there's a public code, although these are often for less of a discount. Any Disney Travel Agent will be aware of these and can help.

These boards are often your best resource for up-to-the-minute information, although Disney or a Disney TA can be helpful.

(Thanks for your service to our country, btw.)

Now when you say room-only, it only discounts the room portion of the package right? I can still add park hopper, dining, etc to the package afterward, just at regular price?

Just booked online - Pop Century 30% off :cool1::cool1::cool1: I believe mods are also 30% and Deluxe and Deluxe Villas are 40%. I ended up booking online while I was on hold for a rep. No specific blackout dates are listed, so I would just try plugging in your dates to see if they work out.

Just booked online - Pop Century 30% off :cool1::cool1::cool1: I believe mods are also 30% and Deluxe and Deluxe Villas are 40%. I ended up booking online while I was on hold for a rep. No specific blackout dates are listed, so I would just try plugging in your dates to see if they work out.

So you got a room only discount? What dates did you use? I am going Jersey Week and can't find availability for ANYTHING online!

So the free dining is out for Oct-2012 and and AP discounts are out, my guess is that the Florida residents are going to be S.O.L. if room only discounts are ever released, I guess we'll have whatever rooms are left over if any :headache:

Last year, FL resident room only discounts were not released until Sept 10. I always go ahead and book the AP discount and if the FL res discount is better, I just call and update my ressie.

So you got a room only discount? What dates did you use? I am going Jersey Week and can't find availability for ANYTHING online!

The week after you. I just plugged in some Jersey Week dates and it looks like the discount should be available. What resort are you looking for?

Is it possible to make a resort reservation with the free dining package and then cancel the entire package if a room-only discount code later becomes available?

We would definitely save more $ with a room-only discount code than with FD since we do not eat that much, but obviously prefer to have the package if the room-only discount does not become available! Given that we are traveling Dec 9-13, how likely do you think it is that a 30-40% room-only discount code will not be offered?

Thanks!
Yes, it is possible if you're within the 45 day window for paying your package. Also note that they cannot transfer the deposit from a package to a room-only reservation. They will refund it and you will pay another deposit for the room-only.

Also, if you're still getting a package but only changing the discount, they can "modify" your package without cancelling and you won't need to put down a new reservation.

Two questions:

1. If i book free dinning for the last two days of my trip (which means two reservations, check out and check back in), then a room discount comes out in a week or two... can i change back?

2. Is there any way to subscribe to this thread so that every post comes to my inbox, not just a single post?
1. Maybe. It depends on whether you can add two days to your room-only reservation under the particular code, or whether you can change your two days to the room-only reservation. Note as above though that they cannot change a package to room only; it's cancelling and re-booking.

2. Only the first post to a thread since your last visit will be e-mailed (although I frequently get more); you can't get each post e-mailed.

Now when you say room-only, it only discounts the room portion of the package right? I can still add park hopper, dining, etc to the package afterward, just at regular price?

Last year, FL resident room only discounts were not released until Sept 10. I always go ahead and book the AP discount and if the FL res discount is better, I just call and update my ressie.

I don't have an annual pass.

The week after you. I just plugged in some Jersey Week dates and it looks like the discount should be available. What resort are you looking for?

Oh, forgot to post the AP rates:

Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels 40%

Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels 40%

Disney Moderate Resort Hotels 30%

Disney Value Resort Hotels 30%

YES!!! I was just reading through my Google Reader page, and the AllEars story was posted in there. Just booked from 10/3-10/8 at POFQ. I had booked it at rack rate on Monday hoping to reserve a spot since FD was going to hit today. Got a standard room for 114/night from Mon-Thurs, and 133 for Friday night. I saved $300! I made a new reservation online just to make sure I got the resort I wanted. I'll have to call and cancel the other reservation when things die down from FD.

I'll take anything for October 13th-18th.

The current listed military discount does me no good. I would've rather been able to get in on the free dining since we stay at All-Stars anyway. Hmm i'll never get a code! :sad2:

I am hoping for a room discount as well. 1st trip for my girls, 8th trip for me. Wisconsinite hoping for a great October rate~!

I am in the blackout date of Oct 15-22, booked and paid for airfare AGES ago, got MNSSHP tickets purchased, ADR's all done one of which is the halloween party day with BBB booked and the princess dinner, I just can't see going through ALL that to change a trip to get FD, I will admit I played around this morning and looked into it though. I had my heart set on CSR and this would mean switching over to POFQ which is fine, but ya...... so my question is this, since after this craziness with FD and everyone booking now IF a room discount comes out how would there be any room left ? It means you cannot apply something to an exsisting ressie right? So you'd have to start from scratch or no? I'm new, this is my families first trip, and ya, just wondering all that jazz.

Oh I also wanted to add one of my girls from BBC was on the phone for almost 2 hours this morning but saved 1600 freaking dollars, although I'm thrilled for her it made me almost want to vomit for myself and blackout date !

I was able to rebook my last 2 nights at WL, ugrade to a Courtyard BB room and still save money over the AAA rate of a standard view! :cool1: I'm loving my trip now....I finally feel like I've gotten a good value for my money....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter