• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room only discount code club

Planing to stay two nights in Feb. To use the room discount, could I purchase the DP and one day park ticket as well?
Generally, yes. It's called a "room only discount" to emphasize that the discount is on the room portion of the package only; you're still paying full price for tickets and the dining plan.

Wow. I just saw the Visa offer for Jan and Feb 2012. I guess this means that there's nothing for November/December this year. :confused3

Thanks for the Visa card room-only information.:cheer2: Just booked at the Beach Club for Marathon Weekend and got a great deal. Staying at the Beach Club in a discounted room will make running 26.1 just that much better.:wizard: Thanks again!

Thanks for the Visa card room-only information.:cheer2: Just booked at the Beach Club for Marathon Weekend and got a great deal. Staying at the Beach Club in a discounted room will make running 26.1 just that much better.:wizard: Thanks again!

Congrats on getting your room choice!

Any word on availability at other hotels for Marathon Weekend?

Wanted to share this with you all over here...

I was just on the phone with Disney reservations to modify my existing reservation. We're leaving a night early due to plane fare... but that's beside the point. I asked about the AAA discount and she told it would be 10%, but only on a room only. OK. I asked how much, as switching from a package to a room only is a bit convoluted. She said ten percent. She then told me to "hang in there...a discount will be coming out and it will save you more than ten percent and you can just call back and have it applied."

I know we take all of this with a grain of salt, but its something, which is always better than nothing. :goodvibes

I was just on the phone with Disney reservations to modify my existing reservation. We're leaving a night early due to plane fare... but that's beside the point. I asked about the AAA discount and she told it would be 10%, but only on a room only. OK. I asked how much, as switching from a package to a room only is a bit convoluted. She said ten percent. She then told me to "hang in there...a discount will be coming out and it will save you more than ten percent and you can just call back and have it applied."

I know we take all of this with a grain of salt, but its something, which is always better than nothing. :goodvibes

This is AWESOME news! Can I ask what dates you are headed down to WDW? We leave Oct. 14 - 22 and I'm losing hope fast!

Thanks!
Emily

This is AWESOME news! Can I ask what dates you are headed down to WDW? We leave Oct. 14 - 22 and I'm losing hope fast!

Thanks!
Emily

We are there February 20-25, so I'm afraid that won't help you. I'm also a little nervous that she was referring to the Visa offer which is supposedly being made public on October 5th.

We're leaving in 4 days for 4 nights. We had a room-only pin for the first 3 nights, but are paying rack rate (about $475 including tax) for the last night, as the pin did not apply. Ouch! I kept hoping a GP discount would come out, so I could apply it to that last night, even if I had to split the reservation. It seems Disney is not offering room only general public discounts for the October-December time frame, since they have offered a VISA discount for January-February.

I wanted to return in October 2012, but without a bounceback or any other pins, it's looking pretty grim as it seems they have enough people visiting from other countries and enough people coming for MNSSH, F&W, and MVMCP that they don't need to offer room only discounts. And with the unveiling of the new Fantasyland, there's going to be even more demand for next Fall. Our last day is May 24. I think if there's a discount for that period, we may head out around May 23 or 24th instead and that way the kids won't miss any real school.

I wanted to return in October 2012, but without a bounceback or any other pins, it's looking pretty grim as it seems they have enough people visiting from other countries and enough people coming for MNSSH, F&W, and MVMCP that they don't need to offer room only discounts. And with the unveiling of the new Fantasyland, there's going to be even more demand for next Fall. Our last day is May 24. I think if there's a discount for that period, we may head out around May 23 or 24th instead and that way the kids won't miss any real school.

You are right about the seasonal parties and F&W being a big draw. I was talking to a CM last evening who told me for the first time she was seeing MNSSHP nights sold out in September. She said these parties are becoming more and more popular and are now causing the resorts to fill even without discounts being offered.

No wonder we did not see a RO discount for October - December. We were warned by Disney that this was going to happen, I was just hoping that it was a few years from now!

I'm not sure about the other hotels during Marathon weekend. We will be doing a split stay this time around. I'm using DVC points at Animal Kingdom and then finishing up at the Beach Club with the Visa promotion. I wanted to stay at the Beach Club for our entire stay but the DVC (Disney Vacation Club) rooms were already booked.

Have a magical day!:wizard:

Marion

I had AAA on a standard room at Pop for 5 nights starting Wednesday 1/4. I called to change to Visa but couldnt get standard. They had standard pool view or preferred or preferred pool view. I went with preferred as I was afraid pool view would be in the 90's and we might like the preferred after the marathon. It was about $60 cheaper with the upgraded room than AAA.

I already have the AAA discount at the Beach Club Villas marathon weekend and ended up not being able to use the VISA discount.
Beach club villas had no availability. The switch to the board walk villas ended up being the same price as where I was staying with AAA. Beach club resort and POLY were more.
Could have saved a bundle by switching to a moderate but I wanna do this trip nice and we are staying with a big group. So splitting up wasn't an option.
Our kids are going to love the pool at the BVC, know we just need some mild weather, except for the marathon :)

Just a clarification about the AAA discount. If you call Disney directly, you can get the AAA discount only for a room-only reservation. You can, however, get a package with the AAA discount on the room portion of your reservation, but you must call a AAA travel agent for it. If you already have a package and you want to apply the AAA discount, you can have the package reservation transferred to a AAA travel agent who can make the modification for you.

We were desperately hoping for a RO code for my friend's reservation (we got the 40% back in January), as she was booked at the AAA rate. My Dreams Unlimited agent emailed me this morning to say a code was released and she had already applied it to the existing, so my friend is now saving 30% off 4 nights at the Polynesian (Nov 13 - 17).

Good luck to everyone!

Here is the link for fall. October gets the shaft this year.

This is the link for the promotion. The code is J5N.

We were desperately hoping for a RO code for my friend's reservation (we got the 40% back in January), as she was booked at the AAA rate. My Dreams Unlimited agent emailed me this morning to say a code was released and she had already applied it to the existing, so my friend is now saving 30% off 4 nights at the Polynesian (Nov 13 - 17).

Good luck to everyone!

What a great agent! I'm amazed at how on top of everything they can be.

I am so glad this discount came out. I had almost given up hope, and now I can relax and stop hunting through forums for any hint of when a discount might possibly appear.

Help! That link is not working and I only see discounts for 2012 on the website. We're booked in December, anything for then??

Look again, I fixed it.

Thanks. Apparently there is no availability anywhere for our dates: Dec. 19-23rd. My travel agent is working on it. We already have a RO reservation with AAA discount at POFQ, which apparently has a smaller discount anyway. I said I'd be open to switching to Riverside, but should I stay with FQ???

I had AAA on a standard room at Pop for 5 nights starting Wednesday 1/4. I called to change to Visa but couldnt get standard. They had standard pool view or preferred or preferred pool view. I went with preferred as I was afraid pool view would be in the 90's and we might like the preferred after the marathon. It was about $60 cheaper with the upgraded room than AAA.

We had standard and had to change to preferred as well to get the discount. I saved 54 on our room (5-8) and my parents saved 79 (5-10) for the marathon weekend. We wanted the 80's but now that we're preferred, we'll probably change our building requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter