Romper Room-Do you remember this show and were you on it?

OMG!!! The Magic Garden was the BEST!!! It was Carole & Paula!! And Sherlock the Squirrel and Flapper the duck & the Chuckle Patch and the Story Box!! "The Stories are here, they're all in here, from Fancy Fox to Goldilocks" Carole & Paula rocked!! They actually still tour together occasionally, somehow I years ago got signed up for a Magic Garden newsletter! My DH laughs at me, but it makes me happy to remember:goodvibes :goodvibes

And NO ONE ever said Lauren.....:confused3

My kids will sometimes catch Davey and Goliath on some strange channel and I can still here that dog say "Oh, Davey"

And School House Rocks & the little PSA's in between Saturday cartoons about making ice pops in your ice trays or eating cheese to stay healthy:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I too remember Romper Room. But as I was reading this thread and saw the other shows people mentioned, I realized we were watching in different decades!

Googled Romper Room and found the show ran from 1954 to the eighties! Read more here

http://www.tvparty.com/lostromper.html

I loved Romper Room. Never heard my name though which further enforced my intense dislike for my name back then. I also loved The Electric Company, Sesame Street, Zoom, and Captain Kangaroo. Those were just the good ones on during the day, never mind the good ones on in the evening. It amazes me that we were lucky if we had 5 channels to watch but there was always something on, including shows the whole family could enjoy during the evenings on primetime. Also remember when the holiday specials were the biggest thing? I remember when they would start showing previews and it would seem like forever until the night came. I remember coming home and making sure I got my homework done early and took my bath and got ready for bed really fast so I could be ready in time. I used to love all the peanut specials because they had one for just about every holiday. Those were the days and there wasnt even a cable bill involved!!!

You know, to this day I am angry at the Romper Room lady. I was a faithful watcher and a good girl and she NEVER called my name. It was not such an uncommon in the 70's--KERRI--

Im not so sure I could ever forgive the Romper Room lady, I may need therapy:rotfl2:

We had an Australian version of Romper Room here too. Definitely my favourite show as a kid. I had my own posture basket and bend and stretch stick. I still remember the words to most of the songs.

You know, to this day I am angry at the Romper Room lady. I was a faithful watcher and a good girl and she NEVER called my name. It was not such an uncommon in the 70's--KERRI--

Im not so sure I could ever forgive the Romper Room lady, I may need therapy:rotfl2:

Yes that was me. As I said in my above post, I hated my name. I went through the same dissapointment each day as I waited and waited for romper room lady to see me. She never did. :sad2:

I was never on it, but I loved watching Romper Room. Of course, I had to walk around in my yellow "Romper Stompers" while watching! My cousins and I used to watch every day. We all had pretty common '70's names, but we'd get mad if the teacher said one of our names and not the others!

As I sat patiently aiting to hear my name, uhhh Brigitte is not too popular I was one of the forgotten ones! I think her magic was not working very well. Obviously this gal lacked pixie dust!

BTW I also loved Wonderama and never made it to that one either grrrrrrr

BUT HECK MICKEY KNOWS MY NAME AND MY CREDIT CARD BALANCES!

I am guessing Romper Room was taped in different places? I never was on, but remember there was a Miss Maryann, who did the local news and tv commercials for awhile later on in life, like 15-20 years later.
Loved the show and Captain Kangaroo...
thanks for the trip down memory lane...

Not Romper Room, but on a local show on WMUR out of Manchester, NH- Uncle Gus. I was maybe 4 and got to sit at the desk with him and we talked about baking. I remember we talked about baking and I gave him a big long lecture about never sticking your hands in the bowl when your mom is running the mixer. :laughing:

I was never on Romper Room, but DH was!:thumbsup2 I watched, though, and loved my Romper Stompers! I also loved Captain Kangaroo, but I was terrified of Bozo!:scared1:

I loved it!!!!!!!!!! In Baltimore it was Miss Nancy, and when she left it was Miss Sally. I boycotted watching it for a while when Miss Nancy left because I was so ticked that she left and Miss Sally just wasn't the same. :lmao:
Eventually I came around to liking Miss Sally, and my Mom would "pack my lunch" in a lunch box for me to carry down to the basement to watch it. It was my "school", and I wanted a lunch just like my brothers took to school. I remember the few times she would call my name I would skip around the room with great excitement and was SO proud that she saw me! I also vividly remember seeing it for the first time on our first COLOR television that my grandmother bought for us. I couldn't believe how bright Miss Sally's dresses were! Or that the magic mirror actually was full of color and not black grey and white! I was also on the show once, which I was so excited about I made myself sick that day. While I was back stage being ill, I saw Do-Bee ("be a do-bee , not a don't-bee!") changing out of her costume and she had taken the big bee head off and I was ruined for life!!!!!!!!!!!) I couldn't believe it was actually a woman, and from then on the show lost so much magic for me, I couldn't look at Do-Bee the same, I always zeroed in on the womans legs in stockings coming out the bottom of the costume. :mad:

Yes and 2 coffee cans with jump ropes can stand in nicely for the romper stompers! Does it get any better than a day with romper stompers.....well maybe if I toss in a pair of click clacks and a pogo stick opps then it would be Christmas!

Yes I remember it, I think I was 4 or 5 when I watched it :lmao: . I don't think they said my name and I used to cry.

I LOVED Romper Room!!! Yes, we are all showing our ages! Where was this show taped? I was never on it. However, after ending the 20+ year waiting list for the Bozo show, I was able to take my dd19 to it. So, even though I couldn't see Bozo live as a kid, I got to see it as an adult (I think Bozo may have been only a Chicago show).

Do you remember Ray Rayner? And Garfield Goose?

I think that was it for the mornings kids' shows when I was young. And we had an old Black & White tv set that had just a few channels. We would have to bang it on the side to get a good picture.

My dad was on Romper Room when I was in 1st grade. He's a children's dentist and was on for Children's Dental Health week. In the final years of Bozo, when I was in college, my sister was on with a local dance troupe. Got up at the crack of dawn to catch the broadcast on cable in one of the frat houses.

I love when WGN plays Suzi Snowflake during the holidays!

WOW! I haven't thought about Romper Room in years! I remember sitting right in front of the TV with my big sister hoping she would "see me"!!

I was never on Romper Room, but I was on Wonderama! I don't really remember much, but I remember being part of the end of the show--was it a competition or a race of some kind? I just remember running around the stage trying to find something. I should ask my sister, maybe her memory isn't as leaky as mine!!:goodvibes

I only watched it a few times and had the "Romper Stompers" made from coffee cans and elastic (my Dad made them for me!) I started K right after we got our TV, but was only there for 2 weeks before I was moved up to 1st grade and "1st graders didn't have time for TV". :confused3 Right after that we moved to Germany and I didn't see American TV again for 7 years. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter