Romper Room-Do you remember this show and were you on it?

mommytobug

DIS Veteran
I dont know why I am asking. Just thought about it and wandered who else was on it. Do you remember waiting for your name to be called? Ok, I am showing my age............

Yes I remember it!!! I wasn't on it, but one of my adult friends was as a child. She brought in a tape for us to watch at work. She was on the first half of the show, but then was obviously missing from the rest of the show. She told us she got kicked off for misbehaving...apparently she was somewhat of a brat when she was younger!!!

I was suppose to be on Romper Room with Miss Flora but it was the week I started kindergarten and my mom thought I should go to school instead. For years she talked about what a mistake that was.

I had a Mr. Dobee pupet and walked around the house with a basket on my head all the time.

Magic mirror tell me today, did all your friends have fun at play.... i see debbie and karen and Linda

Oh I used to get so excited.Once they said my name and I just about died!!

Remember the box police cars and Busy bee??

Never was onit, but my name was also said and I got so excited. I used to walk around with a basket on my head too. Yes I remember busy bee. Romper room and Captain Kangeroo, two of my favorites

I LOVED Romper Room!!! Yes, we are all showing our ages! Where was this show taped? I was never on it. However, after ending the 20+ year waiting list for the Bozo show, I was able to take my dd19 to it. So, even though I couldn't see Bozo live as a kid, I got to see it as an adult (I think Bozo may have been only a Chicago show).

Do you remember Ray Rayner? And Garfield Goose?

I think that was it for the mornings kids' shows when I was young. And we had an old Black & White tv set that had just a few channels. We would have to bang it on the side to get a good picture.

I LOVED Romper Room!!! Yes, we are all showing our ages! Where was this show taped? I was never on it. However, after ending the 20+ year waiting list for the Bozo show, I was able to take my dd19 to it. So, even though I couldn't see Bozo live as a kid, I got to see it as an adult (I think Bozo may have been only a Chicago show).

Do you remember Ray Rayner? And Garfield Goose?

I think that was it for the mornings kids' shows when I was young. And we had an old Black & White tv set that had just a few channels. We would have to bang it on the side to get a good picture.

I do!!! My neighbor was picked to be in the Grand Prize game & WON:banana: He got a new yellow bike, we were excited for him. BTW, to this day I can't stand that duck:confused3 :rotfl:

I remember those shows. I loved and watched Captain Kangaroo for yearsI also remember Bozo and I grew up in Buffalo,NY so it must have been based in Chicago but shown all over. I also remember Rocketship 7 which was put on by Channel 7 in Buffalo. I was a teen before I realized that Commandar Tom was really the weather forcaster!:lmao:

I was on the show, it was taped at a station in Jackson, MS and we lived down the street. I remember the teacher on Romper Room pinching me because I was talking too much:scared1: !! :lmao: I did not care, I loved it. I would give anything for a copy of those shows. My dd would think it was funny!!:lmao: I waited all the time for my name to be called but my first name is Tanya and that was not a common name. :happytv: So, I waited and waited. Oh, to have the good ole days of romper room back for our kids!!

As my name is Jennifer and we are talking about the mid 70's....I heard my name called a lot!

Anybody remember the show, Magic Garden, with those two hippy chicks..Paula and ....oooh...I forget the other's name, but they both wore their hair in long pigtails. And the chuckle patch? I loved that show!:happytv:

Reactions: Gru
I dont know why I am asking. Just thought about it and wandered who else was on it. Do you remember waiting for your name to be called? Ok, I am showing my age............

One time, I was home from school sick, and she said, "I see that one of my little friend's isn't feeling well today." OH MY GOSH!!! SHE ACTUALLY SAW ME!!! I was so excited!!! When i was little I always thought that mirror looked ilke a lolipop.

We loved Captain Kangaroo too! Mr. Greenjeans! Wasn't Simon on Captain Kangaroo?
:rockband: "Oh, you know my name is Simon, and the things I draw come true, so take me take me take me, climbing over the garden wall with you.":rockband:

Also love the New Zoo Review (Coming right at you!)

I was on the show, it was taped at a station in Jackson, MS and we lived down the street. I remember the teacher on Romper Room pinching me because I was talking too much:scared1: !! :lmao: I did not care, I loved it. I would give anything for a copy of those shows. My dd would think it was funny!!:lmao: I waited all the time for my name to be called but my first name is Tanya and that was not a common name. :happytv: So, I waited and waited. Oh, to have the good ole days of romper room back for our kids!!

How neat that you were on the show! My Mom always thought that the teacher on there didn't act like she really liked children! I'll have to tell her that she pinched you!

I was on a local show here called Channel 3 Club House. It was so exciting!

I was just talking about Romper Room with my MIL last night! My DH and BIL have very common names so they heard their names a lot.

I remember freaking out and thinking she was watching us after she said my brother's name.

Oh....I LOVED Romper Room. I was never on it but I do remember being VERY excited when I heard my name called! Now I was on Wonderama....and I still have my Lender's bagel necklace to prove it!

You guys are really making me show my age!!!! Pixanne never said my name (Abby) wasnt such a trendy name back in a day! Anyone remember ZOOM?
Send it to zoom, box 350, boston Mass 0-2-1-3-4!!!!!
I also loved Gene London and the golden fleece and Mr Quigley and his general store!!!
And dont forget Red and yellow and pink and green, Purple and Orange and GREEN, I can sing a rainbow!!!! Such memories!
I babysat for my younger cousins with Sesame Street, The Electric Factory (HEY YOU GUYS!!!!) and Mister Rogers!!!!
And grew up with my kids with Barney, Bananas in pajamas and Lunette and Molly (the big comfy couch!)
Now they`re all into Hannah Montana , The suite life of Zack and Cody and HS musical! Will it ever stop?

I was on it!!!! I even remember what I was wearing! It was so much fun. I wish I had a tape of it. I even remember going into the exec's office so my Mom could sign all the release forms.princess:

You guys are really making me show my age!!!! Pixanne never said my name (Abby) wasnt such a trendy name back in a day! Anyone remember ZOOM?
Send it to zoom, box 350, boston Mass 0-2-1-3-4!!!!!
I also loved Gene London and the golden fleece and Mr Quigley and his general store!!!
And dont forget Red and yellow and pink and green, Purple and Orange and GREEN, I can sing a rainbow!!!! Such memories!
I babysat for my younger cousins with Sesame Street, The Electric Factory (HEY YOU GUYS!!!!) and Mister Rogers!!!!
And grew up with my kids with Barney, Bananas in pajamas and Lunette and Molly (the big comfy couch!)
Now they`re all into Hannah Montana , The suite life of Zack and Cody and HS musical! Will it ever stop?

Oh...yes. My DD12 watched Zoom sometimes a while back. And I used to watch The Electric Company when I was little back when Rita Moreno and Morgan Freeman were on. I STILL have the Fisher Price Sesame Street Village Toy and characters form back then, including Mr. Hooper!

As my name is Jennifer and we are talking about the mid 70's....I heard my name called a lot!

Anybody remember the show, Magic Garden, with those two hippy chicks..Paula and ....oooh...I forget the other's name, but they both wore their hair in long pigtails. And the chuckle patch? I loved that show!:happytv:

Yes!!! I LOVED that show. It was my favorite. How'd that song go....."It's nice to say Hello (Hello), Hello (Hello) Hello (Hello) and How are you? I'm fine (me too) I'm Fine and How are you? I loved the storybox...It's all in here, it's right in here from Goldilocks to storybox...etc. I think the other girl's name was Mary maybe? Gosh, I am going to be 36 Oct. 4th..that was almost 32-34 years ago :scared1: But hey..all those old shows are coming back..look at Underdog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter