River of Lights in Animal Kingdom

I'm just speculating, I really have no idea what will happen. The show area is surrounded by walking paths, and will be very visible. It's different than Fantasmic, for example, where there's a clear front and back to the show area. It seems like they would want the show to look at least somewhat good even outside of the designated seating areas. From what I can see on the videos of the projection tests, it seems like the projections might be visible from either 'side' - although honestly there's no way to tell. Like I said, I'm not familiar enough with the geography of AK enough to really visualize the area. Maybe the area by Flame Tree BBQ is the 'back'? Is the lagoon visible from that area? I'm so excited for this to come out - it's so fun to speculate about what might happen. :)
It isn't a lagoon. It is a river that stretches the width of Animal Kingdom. I think good viewing spots will be in a pretty small area where the seating is being placed.

I can't wait to see this. It is such a beautiful park at night. It feels like you have the place to yourself sometimes. I am guessing the show will change that a bit, but then the park will be open later more often, so that is good.
We've never been over there at night. Will have to try that next trip--especially if there's a new show!!

We were over at Animal on Wednesday and saw a lot of new clear "globes" all along the river banks. Didn't have mobile with me so no pictures, sorry. Though there were a lot of these and looked as more were being installed as they still had plastic wrapping around them, though you could tell they were the same things.

Each globe looked to have lighting along with other effects I could not tell what were. They looked to be mounted to a base so I don't think they will be moving. Hope to get back over there next week and make sure to snap some pictures to share.

It isn't a lagoon. It is a river that stretches the width of Animal Kingdom. I think good viewing spots will be in a pretty small area where the seating is being placed.

My bad on word choice - I do understand it's a river. I guess I don't know the appropriate vocab for the area where the narrow river opens into a large, round-ish body of water.

We were over at Animal on Wednesday and saw a lot of new clear "globes" all along the river banks. Didn't have mobile with me so no pictures, sorry. Though there were a lot of these and looked as more were being installed as they still had plastic wrapping around them, though you could tell they were the same things.

Each globe looked to have lighting along with other effects I could not tell what were. They looked to be mounted to a base so I don't think they will be moving. Hope to get back over there next week and make sure to snap some pictures to share.

IMG_9529.jpg

Like on the far bank? I think they're lasers or projectors or something encased for protection. (Image is from wdwnt.com, not mine. Don't know guidelines to properly credit.)

Yup ... Those are the ones. I could see that, what you said what they are for. Even more have been added all along the river edges.

I know Disney calls it a river, but would an independent scientist really lable that as a river? Wikipedia says a river flows towards an Ocean, Sea, Lake or another River.
On Google Maps, it doesn't look like the water in AK goes anywhere.
At least "Rivers of America in MK connects to 7 Seas Lagoon then into Bay Lake. And Sassagoula River connects into Bonnet Creek...

I know Disney calls it a river, but would an independent scientist really lable that as a river? Wikipedia says a river flows towards an Ocean, Sea, Lake or another River.
On Google Maps, it doesn't look like the water in AK goes anywhere.
At least "Rivers of America in MK connects to 7 Seas Lagoon then into Bay Lake. And Sassagoula River connects into Bonnet Creek...
For the sake of discussion, it's a river. Unless you prefer 'a narrow winding body of water'.

Those are just lights. They are common with most shows and are used for things such as fantasmic.

Can someone post a map of the seating location and the effects location to give some perspective.

My best guess is that it will be closest to WOC in California Adventure (which is absolutely excellent). My DW is cautioning me to not get my hopes up for our early May trip but I am.

I just saw on WDW Prep blog that opening could be March 2016!

From what I am reading online, there is a delay in Avatar, so they might speed up Rivers of Light.

I think it will be May 2016 or as someone mentioned Earth Day.

There are a few things on the verge of opening (Epcot Frozen, Sunset Safari, Rivers of Light) when we visit the week of March 13th. So I wish at least this would be done. Was hoping to see something new.

I could always swap one of my full Epcot days for AK. That way it would not interfere too much w/fastpasses. Which of course have already been selected.

I have AK set for our last day/departure day as a 1/2 day park. All my plans would need to be changed if this becomes available!!!!

Just talked to Disney chat on their website and their is no set date. I asked if they ever have a "set date" for opening and the chat person said yes.

It would be so fantastic to get more bang for my buck and AK become a full day park.

I feel bad because it always gets pushed into the 1/2 day slot in our planning because of its early closure.

From what I am reading online, there is a delay in Avatar, so they might speed up Rivers of Light.

There are a few things on the verge of opening (Epcot Frozen, Sunset Safari, Rivers of Light) when we visit the week of March 13th. So I wish at least this would be done. Was hoping to see something new.

I could always swap one of my full Epcot days for AK. That way it would not interfere too much w/fastpasses. Which of course have already been selected.

I have AK set for our last day/departure day as a 1/2 day park. All my plans would need to be changed if this becomes available!!!!

Just talked to Disney chat on their website and their is no set date. I asked if they ever have a "set date" for opening and the chat person said yes.

It would be so fantastic to get more bang for my buck and AK become a full day park.

I feel bad because it always gets pushed into the 1/2 day slot in our planning because of its early closure.

Best of luck on seeing something new, but honestly I wouldn't hold your breath.

A delay in Avatar? LoL. Imagine that. Any specifics?

I'm hoping they keep this out of the FP+ category and make it like the DL fastpass - show up early and grab one. Otherwise the battle will begin at the 60 day Mark, and I am sick of that. The Fantasmic! Experiment last year hopefully is a forerunner to that.

I would probably just book the dining combo, but the restaurants in DAK don't do it for me at $60.00 a person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter