River of Lights in Animal Kingdom

Here now.....here are a couple of photos of the seating area and a building.

View attachment 146651

View attachment 146652 View attachment 146653
Thanks for the pics!! With ALL the walls all the way around the water, I had sort of envisioned multiple viewing areas, like for Illuminations. Anyone know if this one seating area might be for FP+, but other first come first serve seating (or standing) areas--just flat paved areas--will be scattered around other places?

Does anyone know or heard rumors or have a guess on what this will look like. Can it be compared to something Disney already does?

Actually there are many times throughout the year that Illuminations and Wishes are both at 9. We go every Sept. and it happens almost every time we're there. Here's a link to the calendar of last Sept. and you can see that both Wishes and Illuminations happened at 9 multiple times throughout just that month, so it def. does happen and could be the same with the AK show.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/staticfiles/parkhours/wdwtravelagent_september.pdf

A handful of midweek days during what has traditionally been one of the slowest months of the year hardly proves that Disney doesn't take transport into account when scheduling these shows. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if they try to stagger them as much as possible.

A handful of midweek days during what has traditionally been one of the slowest months of the year hardly proves that Disney doesn't take transport into account when scheduling these shows. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if they try to stagger them as much as possible.

I didn't say anything about the transportation. I have no idea if it has anything to do with the show times etc. You stated that Wishes and Illuminations is never at the same time. I know that from my experience Wishes and Illuminations is often at the same time, so I corrected your mistake.

Thanks for the pics!! With ALL the walls all the way around the water, I had sort of envisioned multiple viewing areas, like for Illuminations. Anyone know if this one seating area might be for FP+, but other first come first serve seating (or standing) areas--just flat paved areas--will be scattered around other places?

I think there is going to be a dining package at with the new restaurant. Seating should be for that

I didn't say anything about the transportation. I have no idea if it has anything to do with the show times etc. You stated that Wishes and Illuminations is never at the same time. I know that from my experience Wishes and Illuminations is often at the same time, so I corrected your mistake.

You ignored the context is what you did.

Does anyone know or heard rumors or have a guess on what this will look like. Can it be compared to something Disney already does?
I don't think it can but if you were going to I would think so of world of color like. It will use fountains, projections, fire and lights.

That's kind what I was thinking, too. Maybe the seating area is for FP+ and dinner packages, and then the rest of viewing, like your said, is scattered like Illuminations. I can't visualize the layout of AK well enough to imagine the area, though.

I don't think they can scatter it too far. There won't be full pyrotechnics. Light projection, yes. Pyro, not a chance.

I don't think they can scatter it too far. There won't be full pyrotechnics. Light projection, yes. Pyro, not a chance.

I don't mean that they will scatter people through all corners of the park - just that perhaps the show will be performed in the round, like Illuminations, and guests can be 'scattered' throughout multiples locations around the lagoon where the show is performed.

I don't mean that they will scatter people through all corners of the park - just that perhaps the show will be performed in the round, like Illuminations, and guests can be 'scattered' throughout multiples locations around the lagoon where the show is performed.

But if it is more like World of Color in CA, that won't work either. The projections can only be seen from the "front."

But if it is more like World of Color in CA, that won't work either. The projections can only be seen from the "front."

I'm just speculating, I really have no idea what will happen. The show area is surrounded by walking paths, and will be very visible. It's different than Fantasmic, for example, where there's a clear front and back to the show area. It seems like they would want the show to look at least somewhat good even outside of the designated seating areas. From what I can see on the videos of the projection tests, it seems like the projections might be visible from either 'side' - although honestly there's no way to tell. Like I said, I'm not familiar enough with the geography of AK enough to really visualize the area. Maybe the area by Flame Tree BBQ is the 'back'? Is the lagoon visible from that area? I'm so excited for this to come out - it's so fun to speculate about what might happen. :)

There will be one main viewing area where all of the seating it. This isn't like illuminations because the entire lake isn't viewable all the way around. Only certain parts will be able to have good viewing for the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter