Ridiculous...

black562

DIS Veteran
I don't understand these people who want to get rid of the dining plan because it gives too much food, they won't allow sharing or they won't allow adults to eat off the kids credits or any other thing that's obviously against the rules. If you think the dining plan is too much, then don't buy it. I sat next to a couple and they actually told the server that they thought Disney should get rid of it because it offered too much food....well you don't have to order an appitizer or dessert or whatever....geez people.

I personally like the fact that I don't have to count my money every night to make sure I have enough to get me through the week, its all paid up front and done.

And as far as crowded restaurants, of course they're crowded...there are many times more people attending the parks now than ever before and the dining plan doesn't have much to do with that.

If you don't like it, don't get it....pretty simple people.

black562 said:
I don't understand these people who want to get rid of the dining plan because it gives too much food, they won't allow sharing or they won't allow adults to eat off the kids credits or any other thing that's obviously against the rules. If you think the dining plan is too much, then don't buy it. I sat next to a couple and they actually told the server that they thought Disney should get rid of it because it offered too much food....well you don't have to order an appitizer or dessert or whatever....geez people.

I personally like the fact that I don't have to count my money every night to make sure I have enough to get me through the week, its all paid up front and done.

And as far as crowded restaurants, of course they're crowded...there are many times more people attending the parks now than ever before and the dining plan doesn't have much to do with that.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

I am good and sick of those posts too. You'd think Disney was holding a gun to their heads. As someone who is very careful about money, I love the fact that my meals are paid for, and I can order what I want, regardless of cost. Sure, I COULD pay for what I really wanted, but I'm cheap, and lots of times will pick cheaper food just because...and then when I throw in calorie constraints it gets very difficult. I think some people want to complain because they didn't get it for free, and they also don't want to admit how much they REALLY spend on food...I always check out what people buy at the grocery store, and also what they order in restaurants...most people don't have a clue as to getting the most bang for the buck.

I agree- I think the whole thing is getting pretty annoying! The sharing issue is practically becoming a neuroses on these boards. In the real world, I seldom see anyone sharing in a restaurant and then at Disney everyone is overcome by a desire to share their meals. And don't get me started on the whining about making ADR's and all the folks that want to decide where they want to eat 5 minutes before and just waltz right in. Please!!!!

I agree. I remember several years ago when I don't think they had the dining plan (or I was just in the dark about everything Disney ;) ) - it was still difficult to get into the restaurants. I also love the idea of not worrying about $$ when dining out - that is why we love cruising. We go on a cruise a year and it is nice to have the "all-inclusive" type atmosphere. Put that together with a WDW vacation and bang - the perfect vacation! :thumbsup2

Right on brah! People, we don't have to eat everything on the menu...you can say "NO" to something and still make it a very good value. I am sure many people who say there is too much food on the plan, eat their share of Dole whips and churros all day long.

ITA. The Dining Plan is a great deal all by itself; there's no need to distort space and time to distill more value out of it.

VERY WELL SAID! I agree whole heartedly with the OP...If you don't like soemthing then DON'T DO IT.

:thumbsup2
we're actually paying for the DP (DVC), & are THRILLED!!
so what if we don't eat an appetizer or dessert <GASP>, won't share, may even give some snacks away.........

methinks $38 including tax & tip for an adult dinner at an EPCOT restaurant is AWESOME!! (we paid over $300 for 4 ppl at a local restaurant recently, & that was without appetizers!! :crazy: )

good thread, OP! :cheer2:

Dorisk3 said:
I agree- I think the whole thing is getting pretty annoying! The sharing issue is practically becoming a neuroses on these boards. In the real world, I seldom see anyone sharing in a restaurant and then at Disney everyone is overcome by a desire to share their meals. And don't get me started on the whining about making ADR's and all the folks that want to decide where they want to eat 5 minutes before and just waltz right in. Please!!!!

ITA - I do wonder if the ones doing the most complaining are the ones getting "free dining" who want to stretch it even further so they get 2 TS meals a day or are able to eat at signature places more often and still have TS meals everyday. I hate making ADRs because it means I have to plan ahead where I will be at a certain time but I see the need for it with the DDP and won't even think about whining about it. I am just glad I am able to buy the plan and not have to worry about who orders what, etc. I am also glad that those who don't think it is a good value for them don't have to buy it. I can't see why anyone would think it is a good idea to get rid of it.

I have a feeling that alot of complaints about the DDP, free or not, are b/c they dont like the idea that ADRs are no longer easy to get, unless you commit to a location far in advance (I will be making my ADRs 180 days out, with back-up alternatives in mind~ like a smart girl should)

Not only am I cancelling the DDP because there is to much food, I cancelling ny whole trip because it's too much fun. That Free Disney Magical Express was the final straw. :rolleyes:

I most definitely agree with the OP poster! I was absolutely shocked the other day at a post from a woman who said she was actually thinking of cancelling their entire trip because the Dining Plan was too stressful?! And others replied that they felt the same way! Geez! "Sorry, kids. You know how we were going to go to Disney and see Mickey and Minnie? Well,..." :sad2:

I agree for most families like mine 2 adults 2 children ages 12 and 9 the DDP is great! Especially when you get it for free (our second time)! My DH is disabled and I am the bread winner so when we are lucky enough to go to WDW (we have been so fortunate lately) we normally can only eat CS places with a TS or two thrown in if we are lucky. My DS 12 is a BIG boy he is 5'8 and 160 pounds and eats like a man and has done so since he was 10, problem was I couldnt always afford to pay adult prices for him so the DP is right up his alley. DD 9 eats like a bird so childs menu is normally perfectly sized (just needs better options) I think its great everyone gets their own appetizer and dessert and entree. It makes our vacations even more special. Why are ppl worried about waste if their not even paying for it? As we have read a few times now by ppl who have just returned from WDW sharing IS allowed so everyone that has sharing issues can relax, I guarantee that everyone was worked up for NOTHING! I know in all my experiences with the WDW wait staff they have gone out of their way to be accomidating and as long as what you ask is in normal guidelines I feel postitve it will turn out in your favor. Just dont expect anything "extra".
All the ppl who blame the DDP for the decline of some the TS restaurants I really dont believe that, I see decline in everything now a days. Due to the increase in prices of EVERYTHING. While I think gas prices are ridiculous as well as many other things I think too many ppl expect too much for too little.
As my dad always said be happy and work with what you have, dont waste time trying to change things that wont change. Its something I try to fit in every day life and works it really does.

I agree. We would chose the DDP to have everything prepaid. We are foodies & when on Vacation tend to eat App, entree & dessert so it would be great for us. Now if they could add a drinking plan & include a few Martini's & those fufu drinks at Poly I would be in heaven :lmao:

Kae

Threeriversdisneyfan said:
Not only am I cancelling the DDP because there is to much food, I cancelling ny whole trip because it's too much fun. That Free Disney Magical Express was the final straw. :rolleyes:
LOL!!! :rotfl:

black562 said:

I agree totally. It is almost as if they feel that because the dinning plan doesn't work for them then no one should be able to get it.

Threeriversdisneyfan said:

Now that's funny!

I agree with you on that if some one thinks the plan is not right for them then they shouldn't bother with buying it. But, I believe that the plan is just right for us (two adults) and we intend to share our credits and visit more restaurants. That doesn't mean that we'll be visiting double the number of restaurants, just one or two more than if we had use two credits at each sitting. I am not stressed out about it and neither does it bother me a bit that somehow Disney is not going to like it if we share credits between us. Because they have nothing against it. It's perfectly normal.

I believe people should be able to use the plan the way they want, as long as it's you are not breaking any hard-coded Disney rules. Case closed.

But if people sharing meals bothers you, then that's a whole another story...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter