Resort Changers - The Series ~ We still can't make up our minds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKay so here's the plan! I am taking my 2 kids and my cousin who will be 14 at the time in August. I'm running all scenarios in my head. Moderate with free dining? Deluxe with % off? Club level? Dining plan? AHHH!!!! :scared1: Someone help me?

Yay KOOK! That was my vote! :)

KOOK, Luv and Pas, thank you so much for the information and reviews of YC CL - really helps a ton. Really good to hear the details, including the good and the not-so-good. Pas, yucky guests make things so unpleasant. We ran into a few of those on the cruise, but they are easier to escape on a cruise than in a club lounge! I think we'll stay put with our current reservation for now and get serious about the decision when/if Disney releases an AP rate.

padawans, yay! We have an almost 5-year-old and two preteen "Disney adults," so I'm with you on the dining plan issue. When our oldest became a Disney adult, we abandoned the dining plan. Then we bought our APs and got the TIW card and we absolutely LOVE it! We make at least two ADRs per day, book a ton of signatures, and we can order with all the flexibility we need. It's really perfect because we have the widest range of tastes and preferences that I've ever seen among five people! So happy you're staying where you want and found a way to make the dining discounts work at the same time. :)

Dani, yes! Of course, you should get APs for the two of you and add a trip! When I asked my husband about getting APs for our youngest and for me, he was fine with it, but reminded me that the last time we had APs, our two trips turned into four. So if you call that a "negative," that's the only down side of APs!

sjs, I've never done a trip report and I don't visit the boards during vacation, but I thought about it for next year. Just don't think I'd have time to post anything with all that running around! Maybe I'll just do a mini report afterwards based on my memory!

No more changes today here - just changing restaurant reservations for our San Francisco to Newport trip next month. But that's way OT . . .

I'm feeling good about this vacation for the first time. I have always worried about not doing the dxdp because I was afraid my dh would not enjoy the vacation as much. He is fine with it. I think we are so used to disney prices it doesn't matter. I'm hoping we spend less with the TIW card. Your right when you get Ap's you end up taking more trips than you planned. Their dangerous.

Oh .... can't wait to hear what transpires from the Disney '12 confab!

Congrats Kook!! I read your predicament and before could add my .2 cents it was decided. :yay: for you! (BTW can't see the second banner in your signature!)
Are you using an iPad? The second rotating ticker doesn't have room on my iPad. Someone should outline the confab dates - or will that prove a useless endeavor?
Change here. 6 night poly and 6 nights bc. Giving up dxdp and getting tables in wonderland. Booked room only with bb and spring discount. I wish I had booked 2 bb when I was there. This seemed like the logical way to get what resorts I wanted. My oldest will be a dis adult this year so change was coming anyway. I guess I need to update ticker again.
LOVE TIW! Good move! New ticker time!

Kook Very happy with the decision you've come to. I think it sounds like the perfect fit for you. :goodvibes
I posted my two elves' Christmas photo a few pages back. Soon enough I will also have our September photos up too! :rotfl:

Now, this may sound crazy but I'm thinking of getting APs for DS and I and perhaps making a quick trip in June or August as well as October. Nuts? Doable? What say you?
Yes, doable - do it! Then you can tell yourself you need to visit again to get the per day cost of the APs way down.

I thought the photo was so cute and their matching outfit colors were adorable. Thank you for the reminder and I hope we get more photos soon! Lily is growing so fast - she's almost a big one-year-old.

To anyone I missed :wave:

KOOK - I see you decided on WL and BW great choices

So glad you approve - thanks for the vote of confidence:goodvibes

Yay KOOK! That was my vote! :)

KOOK, Luv and Pas, thank you so much for the information and reviews of YC CL - really helps a ton. Really good to hear the details, including the good and the not-so-good. Pas, yucky guests make things so unpleasant. We ran into a few of those on the cruise, but they are easier to escape on a cruise than in a club lounge! I think we'll stay put with our current reservation for now and get serious about the decision when/if Disney releases an AP rate.
:banana:I hit the sweet spot with WL and BWI - thanks for approving my change!

Love it - I officially have a different view of the YC headboards - feeling better about my choice already! :) When the new thread gets started, we can start a list of all the very normal reasons we have rejected certain resorts in the past!
Hilarious! That is a great idea and will help me to really live up to my screen name:thumbsup2

KOOK: I hope I get this in before our new thread starts! I just wanted to give out a shout for AKL CL....it really is :cloud9: heavenly there. The ambience, staff, lounge, animals out your balcony....it is so wonderful! If I wasn't trying BWI CL this trip, I'd be back in a heartbeat! Even the lounge being one floor up from the room, is no big deal...it is a quick hop up on the elevator....the busses are amazing and in both trips we have yet to not have a seat or wait any great length for a bus! The stops where always close to the first ones out front of the park exits......I Don't know why people think it is so far away, I found it never too far to get anywhere....as I've mentioned before, my son and I MISSED it so much when we ventured away and stayed at BC last FEB.....we even thought about trying to get back over there but we only had another 4 nights, so we decided to suck it up and stay put. I can only say great things about AKL CL.....it truly is amazing, and if you've never done the sunrise safari....well that is worth CL alone! :lovestruc

On another note.....can I have a little birdie too? He is so cute, and I have a strong feeling I will be a permanent resident Here for a long time to come :goodvibes:
~ Marie
I will PM our mighty mascot, OB to you! I love how you love AKL/CL! And I know how it feels when a resort just "fits" so thank you for your thoughts. I had already changed before your post though:rolleyes1. Hope you understand:flower3:

I'm feeling good about this vacation for the first time. I have always worried about not doing the dxdp because I was afraid my dh would not enjoy the vacation as much. He is fine with it. I think we are so used to disney prices it doesn't matter. I'm hoping we spend less with the TIW card. Your right when you get Ap's you end up taking more trips than you planned. Their dangerous.

TIW! Brilliant! I did not even think of doing this for August!

Are you using an iPad? The second rotating ticker doesn't have room on my iPad. Someone should outline the confab dates - or will that prove a useless endeavor?

LOVE TIW! Good move! New ticker time!

Yes, doable - do it! Then you can tell yourself you need to visit again to get the per day cost of the APs way down.

I thought the photo was so cute and their matching outfit colors were adorable. Thank you for the reminder and I hope we get more photos soon! Lily is growing so fast - she's almost a big one-year-old.

So glad you approve - thanks for the vote of confidence:goodvibes

:banana:I hit the sweet spot with WL and BWI - thanks for approving my change!

Hilarious! That is a great idea and will help me to really live up to my screen name:thumbsup2

I will PM our mighty mascot, OB to you! I love how you love AKL/CL! And I know how it feels when a resort just "fits" so thank you for your thoughts. I had already changed before your post though:rolleyes1. Hope you understand:flower3:

Aww thank you KOOK! Shh don't tell the other RCers but that pic was mostly for you. ;) :rotfl:

Thanks for OB Kook :goodvibes I will have to figure out how to add him later, it's not working on my iPad. For some reason......

Its ok you chose WL CL over my beloved AKL....we still luv ya! :goodvibes .....you never know though, this ain't the resort changers thread for no reason, :rotfl: I will say kudos to you though for finding a combination that makes you all happy inside :lovestruc

I'm still sticking to BWI CL deluxe room.....holding strong, so that's good :yay:

You found my hideout, Jungle Cruiser:rotfl:. Thank you for supporting my changing from RPC and :welcome: to the thread:hug:. Is this your first post here? Hope it's not your last.

I just got off the phone with the WDTC and have a brand new rotating ticker - so it's official. Someone will be very happy to get that elusive RPC Deluxe Queen. I hope I can still stop by the GF thread - you guys are great:goodvibes

I'm glad you found something that works for you. It looks like you have two great vacations planned at your favorite WL and a new addition the BW.:thumbsup2

TIW! Brilliant! I did not even think of doing this for August!

Aww thank you KOOK! Shh don't tell the other RCers but that pic was mostly for you. ;) :rotfl:

Awww, thanks, Dani - I won't tell.

TIW is great and accepted at pretty much all TSs. They even give you 20% off alcohol. If you're getting an AP, then I highly recommend TIW instead of adding a DDP. Much more flexibility and you only purchase exactly the food you want to eat. And with your AP, you can get discounts on recreation and shops. And, when you go to renew your AP, you'll get a discounted renewal rate;)

I saw your new ticker for the BWI and the dates look similar to mine. I will be there from August 9th - August 23rd, so will I get to meet you in the lounge?
Since I disposed of RPC, I extended BWI from 5 nights to 8. We'll be there 8-5 to 8-13 (7 months from today!) and then head over to WL. So it seems our stays will actually overlap. I look forward to meeting you and your parents.

That is IT! I'm staying at BWI CL so I can meet you guys! :rotfl:
What are your dates?
We're almost at the end of this thread! We need a new one quick! :eek:
pas will be working on one this morning. She is the right person for the job seeing how she switches more than an EL;). She wasn't feeling well yesterday AND had to work all night at the hospital so I hope this doesn't mess up her sleep schedule more than it's already messed up.
Thanks for OB Kook :goodvibes I will have to figure out how to add him later, it's not working on my iPad. For some reason......

Its ok you chose WL CL over my beloved AKL....we still luv ya! :goodvibes .....you never know though, this ain't the resort changers thread for no reason, :rotfl: I will say kudos to you though for finding a combination that makes you all happy inside :lovestruc

I'm still sticking to BWI CL deluxe room.....holding strong, so that's good :yay:
We do have BWI in common!

I'm glad you found something that works for you. It looks like you have two great vacations planned at your favorite WL and a new addition the BW.:thumbsup2
Thank you. I actually had BWI booked already, but I canceled RPC and extended BWI to 8 nights and replaced AKL which was for 3 nights, with WL now for 5 nights. No, there won't be a quiz later:laughing:

Haha...I love this thread! Maybe I can get some ansers or help here :confused:

I am stressing myself & my DH terribly! We have POP booked for the end of March. Me, DH & DS5. I am not so sure I want to stay here due to the bad reviews & the distance from MK.

Thinking of switching to CSR or POR before they are sold out! I like the idea of bigger beds & a fridge & micro (although I can't get a sure answer if POR & CSR have them in the rooms). On the flip side, I like how bright, cheerful & kid friendly POP is for my DS.

DH just wants me to pick & decide already!

I am stressing myself & my DH terribly! We have POP booked for the end of March. Me, DH & DS5. I am not so sure I want to stay here due to the bad reviews & the distance from MK.

Thinking of switching to CSR or POR before they are sold out! I like the idea of bigger beds & a fridge & micro (although I can't get a sure answer if POR & CSR have them in the rooms). On the flip side, I like how bright, cheerful & kid friendly POP is for my DS.

Hi, Kristine! :welcome:

I am on the run this morning, but know definitely that POR and CSR have a fridge in the room, but do not have a micro in the room.

I'm not sure where you've read the bad POP reviews, hut we have a faq thread with loads of DISers who love POP! A bad experience is possible at any resort, so I would recommend you go with where you feel most drawn and fits the budget.:thumbsup2

CSR is about far from the MK as POP and POR is not a short bus ride either - none of the mods or values are close to the MK. Have a look at a WDW map that has resorts on it and you will get a better feel for the distance.

POR does have a boat to DTD, which is a nice plus.

Good luck in deciding and happy planning!!:goodvibes

POP is awesome!!!!! I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, it would definitely be my value resort of choice. I haven't stayed at CSR or POR, but between the two POR looks wonderful!!! I have two little girls, so those Royal Rooms look awesome! :love: However, I don't think you could go wrong at POP...yes, they have double beds, but DH and I were fine in them...though we used to share a twin bed in college...:laughing: We have a Queen bed now, and going to a double really doesn't bother us. :thumbsup2

However, I don't think you could go wrong at POP...yes, they have double beds, but DH and I were fine in them...though we used to share a twin bed in college...:laughing: We have a Queen bed now, and going to a double really doesn't bother us. :thumbsup2

LOL. Thanks for the laugh. Still ridiculously undecided. Waiting til DH gets home from dropping DS at school to decide. Thanks!

Kook I don't have dates yet lol. If it makes you feel better I had a dream about our August trip and it was at WL! :rotfl:

:rotfl: well dreams can come true!! :goodvibes

kristinemomof3 (now 4!) :) Adding my .2 cents on POP ... and Minnie&Nana is correct, you will get negative reviews at any resort .... POP is fun, energetic and your DS will likely have a blast and enjoy looking at the giant icons ... Look at the pix on the FAQ thread ... there is LOTS of info. POP has movies and games at the pool. And if you're not sure ... can you do a split stay ... or are you there on the FD offer?

No New thread yet??? I thought for sure since I slept in again today I would get up to a new thread and 3 or 4 pages to catch up on :rotfl:

Did you all read about the Royal Rooms not being ready on schedule(after March 9th now) so they are upgradeing all the guests booked there to Deluxes of choice, some reported even getting Poly TPV and to think I might have been one of those lucky few since I did check for our dates but the Royal rooms were never available with the RO discount. That would have been my big chance to stay at the Poly and tell DH it was all Disney's fault. Wishing now I had booked a RR with the FD promo as it was available then.

Hi Hannah :wave: glad to see Cali and DL is still on. Fingers crossed for those good air fares for you. :goodvibes

CSR! Its very tropical, the pool is one the best at wdw. It has big slide, acrcade,playground, ping tables, sandbox all at the pool. Your son will love it. My boys do. You will also have queen beds a gym and a ts restaurant. Those are things a value does not have. We are spending the first night of our trip there in May. It's our go to resort if we want to add a day without spending a lot. CSR has a fridge, but no microwave. I think the only resorts with microwaves are DVC. I would not worry about it not being kid friendly. There will be plenty of kids there. I have never stayed at a value or POR so I have no opinion on those. BTW Csr is walking distance to BB there is a path. It is also very short bus ride to everywhere. Its a lot more centrally located then the other two options.

Did you all read about the Royal Rooms not being ready on schedule(after March 9th now) so they are upgradeing all the guests booked there to Deluxes of choice, some reported even getting Poly TPV and to think I might have been one of those lucky few since I did check for our dates but the Royal rooms were never available with the RO discount. That would have been my big chance to stay at the Poly and tell DH it was all Disney's fault. Wishing now I had booked a RR with the FD promo as it was available then.

Hi Hannah :wave: glad to see Cali and DL is still on. Fingers crossed for those good air fares for you. :goodvibes

Wow!! What a royal upgrade!! Wish you could be part of this too Sheila.

Good Morning all!! Talking about anything Royal ... where is our RC Queen ??? Her subjects are waiting!!!! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter