Resort Change by Disney

Seeing as we have a GDT room reserved last week of September/early October and the NBA rumors that they will take that resort and the dates would have to push out to mid-October finish, I do expect (and I mean expect) an upgrade at no cost to me. I would have had no issue with them offering a cost upgrade if it were only due to Coronavirus and the resort not being open or otherwise a cancellation. But if I get pushed out because of NBA taking my room and don't get a free upgrade, I'll be quite upset.

Agree 100%. I’m in the same boat. If you want to cancel me because of safety measures/closures.. I get it. But if you’re just bumping me for someone else, my expectations change. And I don’t mean to sound entitled. I just feel like it’s different than a closure bump. My reserved spot is being taken and given away to someone else.

We are 2nd week in August at Pop—we are still numeric. :confused3 Our tickets (part of package) still expire in August.
We are arriving August 5th at Caribbean Beach. Our ticket expiration date changed to September 2021? I’m confused on why they are changing some and not others. Unless it’s because I bought our tickets separately and not as a package.

All date-based tickets have been adjusted to expire on that day. I think it’s just easier for Disney to adjust the expiration date than it is to issue a massive number of refunds.
Especially since the Park Reservation system they’re putting in place could mean people aren’t able to get into the parks on the dates they purchased entry.

We are 7/19 at FQ. Do we expect that Disney will call or email about a possible resort change, or that it will just show up in the app? We currently are unable to see the balance or make payments on our July trip (tickets + Fun/Sun offer room) but can do both for our August trip (pckg at Old key west).

my TA just told me on her group call with their disney rep, in response to the question if value/moderates will be upgraded, that he said information on guests being moved will come very soon, in the next few days. i know this isn’t any concrete info but gives me hope my all star reservation in august won’t just be cancelled! 🤞🏼he also said that ONLY the dvc resorts will be open during “phase 1” and there’s no timeline as to when phase 1 will end. so i’m thinking values and mods wont be opening at park reopening.

Last edited:
We are staying Aug 15-19 and our tickets still say valid until Aug 21, 2020.

Cash stay at Riviera for July 10-13 booked for 2 in a 1 bedroom. I have been trying to get my TA and/or Disney to adjust this to an occupancy of 5.

Yesterday I received email from TA that "the hotel has agreed to your refund request." I never requested a cancellation, only a modification. Via chat I was informed that it appeared I made the request and an investigation was opened. They were unable to rebook me via chat, but said they could over the phone.

I immediately called and during the course of the call was told Disney had cancelled the reservation. This person was unable to rebook me, since Disney isn't taking reservations right now.

Today I hopped on chat again for clarification and was told a supervisor added a note that Disney did cancel my stay.

This was a cash stay at a DVC resort scheduled to be open. I don't understand why Disney would have canceled. I check in the day before the parks open, we have 4 APs and 1 military ticket (Disney would have only see occupancy of 2 though, both APs).

So, I lost 3 nights of my trip. I am DVC and checked and there is availability for a 1 bedroom for my days at Riviera, actually at all resorts except Jambo. I just don't have the points to book that way. I honestly don't know if Disney did indeed cancel me or the TA, in trying to adjust occupancy, requested the cancellation which was my very first thought.

Makes me wonder why mine were extended until 2021. I hope they are not planning to cancel our reservation.
Our package tickets did not extend dates (which makes sense bc we dont "own" them yet.) Our tickets without a pckg did - we already 100% paid for those.

Our package tickets did not extend dates (which makes sense bc we dont "own" them yet.) Our tickets without a pckg did - we already 100% paid for those.
That makes sense. Our tickets are already paid for.

I'm also curious about how they will handle parking fees for those moved. Since there's a $10 difference per night between value and deluxe/DVC, some notations or price adjustments will have to be made. Don't get me wrong- I would gladly pay the extra $10 if we were moved from a value to a deluxe, but that would also be $50 increase in our parking costs.

Could they decide not to charge for parking? Sure,

But, if a guest is moved, then they accept the terms of new resort, and if the added cost of parking is more than one wants to pay, then they cancel instead.

Cash stay at Riviera for July 10-13 booked for 2 in a 1 bedroom. I have been trying to get my TA and/or Disney to adjust this to an occupancy of 5.

Yesterday I received email from TA that "the hotel has agreed to your refund request." I never requested a cancellation, only a modification. Via chat I was informed that it appeared I made the request and an investigation was opened. They were unable to rebook me via chat, but said they could over the phone.

I immediately called and during the course of the call was told Disney had cancelled the reservation. This person was unable to rebook me, since Disney isn't taking reservations right now.

Today I hopped on chat again for clarification and was told a supervisor added a note that Disney did cancel my stay.

This was a cash stay at a DVC resort scheduled to be open. I don't understand why Disney would have canceled. I check in the day before the parks open, we have 4 APs and 1 military ticket (Disney would have only see occupancy of 2 though, both APs).

So, I lost 3 nights of my trip. I am DVC and checked and there is availability for a 1 bedroom for my days at Riviera, actually at all resorts except Jambo. I just don't have the points to book that way. I honestly don't know if Disney did indeed cancel me or the TA, in trying to adjust occupancy, requested the cancellation which was my very first thought.
I am sorry to hear this. My July stay was also cancelled by WDW without notice, so please report back if you receive any further explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter