• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Cash stay at Riviera for July 10-13 booked for 2 in a 1 bedroom. I have been trying to get my TA and/or Disney to adjust this to an occupancy of 5.

Yesterday I received email from TA that "the hotel has agreed to your refund request." I never requested a cancellation, only a modification. Via chat I was informed that it appeared I made the request and an investigation was opened. They were unable to rebook me via chat, but said they could over the phone.

I immediately called and during the course of the call was told Disney had cancelled the reservation. This person was unable to rebook me, since Disney isn't taking reservations right now.

Today I hopped on chat again for clarification and was told a supervisor added a note that Disney did cancel my stay.

This was a cash stay at a DVC resort scheduled to be open. I don't understand why Disney would have canceled. I check in the day before the parks open, we have 4 APs and 1 military ticket (Disney would have only see occupancy of 2 though, both APs).

So, I lost 3 nights of my trip. I am DVC and checked and there is availability for a 1 bedroom for my days at Riviera, actually at all resorts except Jambo. I just don't have the points to book that way. I honestly don't know if Disney did indeed cancel me or the TA, in trying to adjust occupancy, requested the cancellation which was my very first thought.

DVC rooms for points bookings and the ones offered for cash are different inventory. But, it is surprising that you were canceled given Riveria is open. Unfortunately, I think they can do it but it would be good to know why,

My worry for others is that during the next month or two, there is not going to be a lot of indo why people’s reservations will be treated differently.

I’m wondering if our tickets will be extended or what. Makes things complicated with room only bookings plus tickets from base. Our base is still selling tickets. I’ll just keep watching! No word on my resort reservations in July.
We have DVC reservation and our date based tickets still have the October 2020 expiration...

NBA approved the Disney plan.

For those wondering what happens if you are at their hotel .... am guessing that you will be moved/cancelled. Sounds like they are creating a protective bubble and even the NBA won't be able to leave to go to parks etc.

"Another major concern on the part of players was whether or not families would be able to join them in Orlando. The current bubble plan will allow for 1,600 people at a time, so as teams leave, families will be able to replace them. That will happen after the first round of the postseason. Neither players nor families will be allowed to leave the bubble."

To Orlando July 7th
Not sure their exit date but ...
season concludes Oct 12

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...sney-world-sets-plan-for-coronavirus-testing/

my TA just told me on her group call with their disney rep, in response to the question if value/moderates will be upgraded, that he said information on guests being moved will come very soon, in the next few days. i know this isn’t any concrete info but gives me hope my all star reservation in august won’t just be cancelled! 🤞🏼he also said that ONLY the dvc resorts will be open during “phase 1” and there’s no timeline as to when phase 1 will end. so i’m thinking values and mods wont be opening at park reopening.

Same information came to me from my source that in the next few days information will be coming out

For those wondering what happens if you are at their hotel .... am guessing that you will be moved/cancelled. Sounds like they are creating a protective bubble and even the NBA won't be able to leave to go to parks etc.

"Another major concern on the part of players was whether or not families would be able to join them in Orlando. The current bubble plan will allow for 1,600 people at a time, so as teams leave, families will be able to replace them. That will happen after the first round of the postseason. Neither players nor families will be allowed to leave the bubble."

To Orlando July 7th
season concludes Oct 12

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...sney-world-sets-plan-for-coronavirus-testing/

I certainly would hope they wouldn’t cancel people to accommodate the NBA it’s one thing to cancel for the virus

I certainly would hope they wouldn’t cancel people to accommodate the NBA it’s one thing to cancel for the virus
Right? If I get canceled rather than an upgrade because of that, Disney will have lost all of their magic for me.

I have no idea, I only used both moved/cancelled because that would likely be the only two options given the "bubble" they are creating around the players.

To Orlando July 7th
season concludes Oct 12

They haven't officially confirmed what hotel, have they?

So trying to comprehend all these rumors. I have a reservation for late July (recovery from spring break). Are we thinking either 1) I will be canceled 2) I will be upgraded bc my resort wont be open or 3) I will be given the option to upgrade but have to pay the difference or 4) I will be given the option to reschedule and keep my 35% off but will only have deluxe resorts to choose from. I know no one has definite answers besides Disney (and maybe not even them yet) but the mounds of info / opinions is making my head pound.

So trying to comprehend all these rumors. I have a reservation for late July (recovery from spring break). Are we thinking either 1) I will be canceled 2) I will be upgraded bc my resort wont be open or 3) I will be given the option to upgrade but have to pay the difference or 4) I will be given the option to reschedule and keep my 35% off but will only have deluxe resorts to choose from. I know no one has definite answers besides Disney (and maybe not even them yet) but the mounds of info / opinions is making my head pound.
Those seem to be the options that are being thrown around speculatively. Hopefully they'll say something in the next few days. We have a late July trip as well.

Those seem to be the options that are being thrown around speculatively. Hopefully they'll say something in the next few days. We have a late July trip as well.
We are not going until October and it is driving me crazy not knowing about park reservations. I really feel for all of you July people! I am crossing my fingers for all of you!!!!

Anyone’s military ticket extended with the new Sept 2021 date? Mine are all displaying 12-18-20 expiration date. I chatted with CM and she said I was good to use my plus option through Sept 2021 but I’m not so sure!! Not sure if military tickets are extended or not.
Our military salute tickets all still expire 12-18-20.
Apparently military tickets are not getting the extension to 2021. Some bases are allowing refunds. Otherwise tickets can be exchanged towards future tickets (presumably 2021 Salute).

They haven't officially confirmed what hotel, have they?

Every single sports news outlet has reported Coronado Springs and it's the only one that makes sense.

- New tower with high end amenties
- Way more King beds than most
- No access to hotel other than front gate
- Security
- Variety of dining options
- Convention space they could use

"Disney and the NBA have agreed to use the Coronado Springs Resort as the primary housing area during the Disney World-based season, according to Yahoo Sports"

Every single sports news outlet has reported Coronado Springs and it's the only one that makes sense.

- Security

"Disney and the NBA have agreed to use the Coronado Springs Resort as the primary housing area during the Disney World-based season, according to Yahoo Sports"
I agree, seems like a good fit for their needs. Thanks for the info!

- Security

NBA has run events in that hotel in the recent past (NBA Jr. Worlds) which had more teams than what they have with this tournament. It was always going to be that resort and if they needed extra space expand from there. It should be fun to see what team gets what section of that resort.

NBA has run events in that hotel in the recent past (NBA Jr. Worlds) which had more teams than what they have with this tournament. It was always going to be that resort and if they needed extra space expand from there. It should be fun to see what team gets what section of that resort.

Yes. I'm not sure why there was so much conversation about it going elsewhere, it never made sense for it to be anywhere else.

The question now is IF the MLS approves starting their season at Disney ... what will they do?

Apparently military tickets are not getting the extension to 2021. Some bases are allowing refunds. Otherwise tickets can be exchanged towards future tickets (presumably 2021 Salute).
Reports are that they will be available to exchange for the 2021 only if you pay the difference in price (whatever that may be). Not what they are doing for other tickets.

DVC rooms for points bookings and the ones offered for cash are different inventory. But, it is surprising that you were canceled given Riveria is open. Unfortunately, I think they can do it but it would be good to know why,

My worry for others is that during the next month or two, there is not going to be a lot of indo why people’s reservations will be treated differently.
Correct. I only included that because I know I read somewhere about Riviera being block mid-July. In talking this over elsewhere it was mentioned that maybe that's why I was canceled. But, DVC rooms are not blocked during my stay so that can't be why I was canceled.

Correct. I only included that because I know I read somewhere about Riviera being block mid-July. In talking this over elsewhere it was mentioned that maybe that's why I was canceled. But, DVC rooms are not blocked during my stay so that can't be why I was canceled.
I saw Riviera 1-bd villas available today too for my dates in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter