Reservations? We don't need no stinking reservations, we do it TODD'S way! COMPLETE

I'm so bummed to hear about Fulton's. We've been going there for years and the food has never disappointed. I wonder what's going on there now? :sad2:

Add me to the list of those worried about an upcoming Fulton's dinner...

Anyways, it is super dense and packed with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut, pecans, graham crackers and it is very butter and brown sugar-y. Too sweet for more than a nibble a piece and then we wrapped it up to take back to the room...where it stayed until it was as hard as a brick. Honestly, waaaayyy too much sugar....should come with a warning label!

DisneyMay011.jpg

:rotfl: I just baked an entire tray of these for DBF yesterday! They are definitely sweet...but he loves overly sweet things. One of his favorite Epcot items are the pure cane sugar candies from Mitsukoshi! :laughing:

I had the Kahuna Platter with bacon (gave to Todd), ham (gave to Todd), sausage (very good!), skip the french toast and added an extra pancake...I asked for the butter pineapple stuff on the side but they forgot. I also asked for the same batter as the large order of pancakes but they said no. When you get the Kahuna platter they are plain pancakes and not the ones with the nuts mixed in the batter. Still very good but the regular order of Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes are much better. The eggs are to die for and the potatoes are nothing to get excited about.

DisneyMay024.jpg

Wait, what? I had no idea that the Kahuna Platter only had the regular pancake batter. Lame! Where are the 6,000 macadamia nuts???

Seems like Todd's plan is working out well so far...I'd be with you second-guessing the plan at every turn though! :laughing:

While I am totally an ADR fanatic (thanks to y'alls help on these boards!! thank you so much - experts!) I must sheepishly admit that Todd's luck is giving me hope for my upcoming trip... We have ADR's but maybe we might get lucky if we veer off the plan...

The France pics already have me super excited to share all the awesomeness with DD this fall!
Love everything about Poly - including that YUMMY coffee! So sad about fultons though.... Can't wait to see what's next!

Welcome! I wish you lots of luck! If you are going around Thanksgiving week you will def want to book reservations because it is packed! We have been the week before the holiday the last 2 years and it wasnt bad at all, we did a few walk ins without a problem.

we are going the week before Thanksgiving and leaving (to visit family) on Thanksgiving day...
our thought process in no ADRs is that we will be staying BWI CL and won't need b'fast... we will likely be eating in the BW area (ds is dying to try ESPN Zone, dh is looking forward to Big River Grille... neither of which take ressies) and the DTD area (dd wants Rainforest)... so that's three dinners right there...

we are also thinking we will do more resort time and less park time this trip, so for our limited park time, we don't want to be bound by ADRs...

however, ironically, we will likely go to dh's fave epcot spot... yep, you guessed it, Nine Dragons! we've never had a problem walking in, even during free dining!

Wow!!! No ADRs required...who'd have thunk it?? Well, apparently your husband did! :laughing: He must be feeling pretty smug! ;)

Sorry to hear one of your usual favorites was a disappointment. I can't wait to hear what the next day brings!!

Wow! I feel so lucky! I was just reading all of your old trip reports and noticed last night that there is a NEW ONE!! Yay! I was just getting ready to send you a message telling you to get back to WDW because I need a NEW report!! Ha ha! I LOVE your reports!

THANK YOU!

Well, this IS turning out to be a very interesting adventure, indeed. Mark is the same way; doesn't like to make any decisions, so it would be interesting to go somewhere and have him make all the decisions for us. :lmao:

I thought when you mentioned sweets you'd for sure stop in Germany... but no sign of anything covered in caramel...YET!

Kona's breakfast looks so yummy...I've just never been able to get us over there early enough in the morning. Maybe out last morning? Hmm,...we'll see... I just want to try Tonga Toast, just once, so I can say that I did! :rotfl: I think we're going there for dinner, though.

The movie theater looks fun. I almost want to wait to see Cars 2 until we're there, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Could be a good rainy day activity.

I'm so sorry about Fulton's. I know how much you love it. I haven't eaten there since it was the Empress Lilly and we had dinner at Steerman's Quarter's, which was great, by the way. But, boy am I dating myself. :lmao:

I love all of your reviews, they have been very helpful in planning our upcoming trip, so thanks!I

I'm really worried now over Fulton's. We will be on the Premium plan for 1 night and have it booked mostly because DS is a seafood fanatic and has always wanted to try there.

Is Fulton's the latest place to bite the dust at Disney?:guilty:

Love your reports!

Wow so many updates to catch up on! I also can't believe you did not go to Germany for desserts though the France bakery sweets look good as well :laughing:

Haha at getting into Kona for breakfast - DH sure seems to know how to work the system!! :rotfl2:

Mmmm drinks by the pool sounds like a great idea! :cloud9:

It's a shame about Fulton's. Eek at getting the same irritating waiter and the food not being great. The salad looks yummy but wow at the amount of crab for $60! :scared1:

Nicki, you know I'm not one to tell people what they should order where ... but why in the name of all that is Stinktown did you order ribs from a seafood joint? Honey, they don't know how to prepare ribs any more than Pappy's BBQ knows how to grill my tuna! :laughing: :hug:

You come visit up here and we will show you how ribs are supposed to taste!

I knew I loved Todd for a reason and it is definitely for his love of pina coladas. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well, as we talked about Fulton's the day after you were there, we've cancelled our trip. I was looking forward to it as we didn't go in 2010 (we were there in 2009), but I'm not paying $60 for four little claws. I hope it was just a fluke with the rest of the food and we'll go back another trip, but for this trip we will just stop and have a drink with Joe and Sophia. :-)

Wow, Nine Dragons was good? We haven't eaten there in years because of two bad meal a long while ago. Might have to give it another try. Not surprised you did not like Fultons. We were less than impressed with our last visit, although we have enjoyed it in the past. And no way was that $60 worth of crab legs!

I'm a little late to the party, but I can't wait to read more! I had a feeling that Todd might get really lucky with his lack of dining plans. I hope this doesn't ruin him forever! If he was my darling hubby, I think I would hear something like this: I don't know why you have ever stressed about those silly ADRs in the first place!

It's a bummer that your meal at Fulton's was a bust, but I hope the rest of your trip was wonderful! We're staying at POFQ for the first time in October & I can't wait!!!

awesome reviews, Nicki...enjoyed hearing about this trip.

Sorry to hear about Fulton's being so bad. That's one place we haven't tried yet, now I'm thinking twice about it. We would definitely have a hard time spending that much on that little bit of crab!

Glad you liked the reno at POFQ...we'll be there in September for several days with son & daughter-in-law, can't wait.

Glad I found you! :goodvibes

I have to say I was a bit afraid for you when you said your hubby was taking charge :lmao: I know what I would say if my hubby wanted to do that :scared1:

but so far so good ;)

I hate to hear that Fulton's was so bad! I love that place. Oh, well....since we will have both kids with us the next trip, we'll be skipping it, I think.

Loving your writing style!

We were totally shocked at the service and the food...in all our trips to Fultons this was the only bad one.

I need to hear more about this Coke station at the movies! Is it just buy a soda and as many free refills as you want? Glad to hear Pirates was good, though I didn't really care for the third one, as that was just a little too confusing for me with all the deals the different characters were making with each other.

Kona looks wonderful as always! I really need to try and make a return trip there for breakfast next trip. At least there or Kouzzina, which are the best non-buffet breakfasts IMO.

I was shocked at your review of Fulton's, and I know that's usually one of your favorites. At least you didn't have to pay for your ribs, but $60 for Todd's crab claws is insane. And I remember the bread and dip there being extremely good too, so it must've just been a really off night. And how unlucky that you got the same server as before, I really liked the server I had there, can't remember what his name was though.

The Coke machine is awesome! You choose from any Coke product and then you get to add certain flavors to that one product. If you buy a large you get to refill as many times as you want. Never seen anything like it before. I really want to try Kouzzina soon, for dinner too!

We were just as shocked to eat at Fultons as you were to hear about it!

:scared1: Fulton's? :scared1:
Thanks so much for your review - I forgot to fit Fulton's into my schedule and was juggling things around to get it in ........... no longer, thanks Friend!

Happy to help...but I wish Fultons was a good meal because now we are cancelling it for Oct and I dont know what to put in its place!

We did walk ups to Kona a few times, and were offered a half hour wait walk up in February, which we did not take! Went somewhere else ;)
But I am glad you liked your brekkie! We have never tried the pressed pot coffee, I just cannot talk Tom into it - I don't drink coffee (apart from the one we made in Italy).
And once the US allows heavier packages again, I need to send you some REAL coffee - nice strong stuff from Austria! :hug:

Wait a minute, Tom loves coffee right? THen he should absolutely get the pressed pot, it is amazing! I would much rather go to Austria and have a cup of coffee with both of you!

I had to LOL over your description of the Magic Cookie Bar! :rotfl2: I love those things, but they last me a week! I wrap them in foil and break off a small corner every now and then. I think it is my "economy" cookie as it lasts me so long!

Thank goodness I am not the only one!

Can't wait for more! I loved waking up this morning and see that there were two pages of reading material! :thumbsup2

I am trying to finish them up but they are taking much longer than I thought....since we are still on vacation we are acting like it, just in Naples :lmao:

Oh, and I posted my Italy trip and am about to post some news about my summer trip, so don't forget to hop over when you can! :hug:

I have to make it over to your thread soon!

For heaven's sake, take that man to the Cape May buffet dinner and REALLY let him eat his fill of crab legs! All steaming hot, plus you can keep drawing hot butter from the urn to dip them in. NOTHING gets cold.

Oh I did, last night I took him to a local place for all you can eat crab legs for $14!

I'm so bummed to hear about Fulton's. We've been going there for years and the food has never disappointed. I wonder what's going on there now? :sad2:

Add me to the list of those worried about an upcoming Fulton's dinner...

Maybe it was just an off night? I hope so because we just love it there and want to go back

:rotfl: I just baked an entire tray of these for DBF yesterday! They are definitely sweet...but he loves overly sweet things. One of his favorite Epcot items are the pure cane sugar candies from Mitsukoshi! :laughing:

I know, one of us loves sugary treats and this was just too much for him to handle!

Wait, what? I had no idea that the Kahuna Platter only had the regular pancake batter. Lame! Where are the 6,000 macadamia nuts???

Yes its true, if you order the Big Kahuna the pancakes do not have the nuts in the batter.

Seems like Todd's plan is working out well so far...I'd be with you second-guessing the plan at every turn though! :laughing:

Yup, problem is his plan worked out too well!

While I am totally an ADR fanatic (thanks to y'alls help on these boards!! thank you so much - experts!) I must sheepishly admit that Todd's luck is giving me hope for my upcoming trip... We have ADR's but maybe we might get lucky if we veer off the plan...

The France pics already have me super excited to share all the awesomeness with DD this fall!
Love everything about Poly - including that YUMMY coffee! So sad about fultons though.... Can't wait to see what's next!

I dont think I will have a problem doing a non reservation trip again...maybe ;)

Wow!!! No ADRs required...who'd have thunk it?? Well, apparently your husband did! :laughing: He must be feeling pretty smug! ;)

Sorry to hear one of your usual favorites was a disappointment. I can't wait to hear what the next day brings!!

Honey, smug is his middle name!

Wow! I feel so lucky! I was just reading all of your old trip reports and noticed last night that there is a NEW ONE!! Yay! I was just getting ready to send you a message telling you to get back to WDW because I need a NEW report!! Ha ha! I LOVE your reports!

THANK YOU!

No thank you! Thank you so much for reading them!

Well, this IS turning out to be a very interesting adventure, indeed. Mark is the same way; doesn't like to make any decisions, so it would be interesting to go somewhere and have him make all the decisions for us. :lmao:

Oh yes, it was such an adventure! A real nail biter :rotfl2:

I thought when you mentioned sweets you'd for sure stop in Germany... but no sign of anything covered in caramel...YET!

I may just surprise you yet woman!

Kona's breakfast looks so yummy...I've just never been able to get us over there early enough in the morning. Maybe out last morning? Hmm,...we'll see... I just want to try Tonga Toast, just once, so I can say that I did! :rotfl: I think we're going there for dinner, though.

Now Tina, you made it to the Beach Club at 7:30 I know you have it in you to make it to Kona :rotfl:

The movie theater looks fun. I almost want to wait to see Cars 2 until we're there, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Could be a good rainy day activity.

Or for a very hot day!

I'm so sorry about Fulton's. I know how much you love it. I haven't eaten there since it was the Empress Lilly and we had dinner at Steerman's Quarter's, which was great, by the way. But, boy am I dating myself. :lmao:

I hope it goes back to being great for our next time there!

I love all of your reviews, they have been very helpful in planning our upcoming trip, so thanks!I

I'm really worried now over Fulton's. We will be on the Premium plan for 1 night and have it booked mostly because DS is a seafood fanatic and has always wanted to try there.

So happy they help you out! Well Todd's crab was delish there just wasnt enough of it.

Is Fulton's the latest place to bite the dust at Disney?:guilty:

Love your reports!

I sure hope not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter