Refillable Mug Tips for the morning?

We never use our mugs for breakfast or take them to the parks. We usually get a meal if we eat breakfast and it comes with a drink, so no need for the mugs. We lug so much around, sticky mugs doesn't sound like much fun to me. ;) I do think clipping them with a carabiner would be the only way I would take them, if I were to take them.
If I get a drink with breakfast on ddp, I usually take a bottled drink and leave it in room fridge, and use mug for coffee or tea. And a refill to take on bus. At park when I go to washroom I rinse mug out. Better value for me because coffee is the only thing I want to drink at breakfast :coffee:

Store them in a locker in the changing rooms by the pool. Pick them up when you get back from the park.

When I'm at a mod I use the paper coffee cups in the room. The lids from the food court fit them. Basically drink my coffee on the bus or boat then dump the cup. I hate that there are no paper cups at the deluxes so when I'm there or at values I just pack some disposable cups and lids from home. They sell them anywhere they sell paper plates/cups etc.

image.jpg

The ones on the right are ones I bought. Like 10 for less than $4. The ones on the left are obviously from Disney. When I stay moderate they give you 4 we used two a day and also asked for extras. Haven't been to a moderate since 2013 so my stash is dwindling. I actually still had some red cups until this year.

Don't know if I'll carry my mug or not. Honestly I drink water most of the time and keep it in my refillable bottle that clips to my belt loop.

We got cups on our first couple trips when we did the dining plan. I found them to be a hassle carrying them around everywhere. It also turned out to be a waste when we did it on the non-dining plan as I got soda twice. We only drink water...not coffee drinkers.

Problem we pose is that we are stuck with mugs to lug around all day. What do you guys do about your mugs? My wife likes to take some coffee on the bus to parks.

Run them back and raid the coffee shop in the park when I get there for my morning coffee :)

We got cups on our first couple trips when we did the dining plan. I found them to be a hassle carrying them around everywhere. It also turned out to be a waste when we did it on the non-dining plan as I got soda twice. We only drink water...not coffee drinkers.

Hmm, with free dining, I wonder how many people are getting these who won't use them--seems like an opportunity to have a refillable mug black market where folks could buy/sell with other vacationers there the same week :rolleyes: or maybe just trade for a couple of these :mickeybar:mickeybar

When we bring our mugs into a park we put them in a reusable grocery/tote bag and store them in a locker. This way if we go to another resort afterwards we have them but don't need to carry them around all day. Otherwise - since we drive we usually leave the mugs in the car.

Before heading out for the day, we ask do we need our mugs. Then the mug goes in a backpack. We hop a lot during the day, so they come in handy at other resorts. When we are done with the drink we rinse and dry the mug. This eliminates the backpack and it's contents from getting sticky.

We keep them with us. Usually in a backpack. They don't really add any weight and when we get cs meals we refill our drinks when done and transfer the beverage to our cups or sometimes just fill them up with water. Never been stopped for filing it up with water. Then we have them ready for a drink when we get back to our resort. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

This is exactly what we do as well.

My most recent trip was the first time I bought them to the parks. I hadn't in the past million trips because I thought it would be a pain. Just clipped them to my cross body bag with carabiner like others mentioned. It was great. I could go from the food court to the park, finish my coffee at the park, use it in the afternoon for water, then we hit the food court on the way back to the room in the evening for another fill up. They are very light so essentially added an unnoticeable weight.

Can you use the mug in a park restaurant? Or is that bad form?:headache:

Originally you could but it's limited to resorts now. We've also brought them to the parks but only when everyone can carry their own. It's handy when your hopping to a resort for a meal, they can work there :)

Originally you could but it's limited to resorts now. We've also brought them to the parks but only when everyone can carry their own. It's handy when your hopping to a resort for a meal, they can work there :)

Thank you.

Are you saying you can bring them into resort restaurants? As for the parks, I know they can't be filled in the parks, but we're most likely to purchase drinks while we're eating. (That's probably most people.) And if we fill up the mug at our resort before heading to an ADR, will the mugs be allowed in a TS restaurant.

Are you saying you can bring them into resort restaurants? As for the parks, I know they can't be filled in the parks, but we're most likely to purchase drinks while we're eating. (That's probably most people.) And if we fill up the mug at our resort before heading to an ADR, will the mugs be allowed in a TS restaurant.

Never tried, we're usually paranoid about being late and really early so we walk around the resort for awhile and check it out. That's generally when we would make use of them.

Can you use the mug in a park restaurant? Or is that bad form?:headache:

We've been buying the refillable mugs for 14 years and during that time, we've never been able to get refills in the parks. In fact, for most of that time you could only "legally" use them at the resort you bought them at. That has now changed and they can be used at any resort quick service restaurant or refill station. You can certainly bring the mugs to the parks and take them into a restaurant but you won't be able to get them filled there. You can purchase a drink at the restaurants or snack stands/carts and pour it into the mug if you want to, though. A lot of people do that since the mugs are somewhat insulated and keep your drinks cold longer than a paper cup will.

I don't like to bring them along when we go to the parks because I won't use them, since we use our own reusable water bottles. After we ate breakfast at the food court I would walk back to our room and drop them off, then go the parks. We stayed at POFQ so the walk between wasn't far, but it might be at other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter