Recent experiences subbing side for QS drink?

I made this comment in another thread but I really don't understand what Disney is thinking with the qsddp. Isn't the price close to $48 now? and they are taking away any flexibility. Someone else posted Disney may be trying to phase it out. I don't know but I think they are risking a lot of negativity when newbies buy the plan and then get there and see what they are actually getting for that $$$$.
Taking away flexibility? They only added that "flexibility" last year. It sounds like it didn't work out. The thing about the dining plans is that they're simple and easy to understand. Start throwing in "flexibility," and people get too confused, which causes a negative experience. Simple is key.

I think it's also going to be a negative experience when they get there and see that the average qs meal is about $16.

I think it's also going to be a negative experience when they get there and see that the average qs meal is about $16.
Hence the reason the cost of the dining plan is hidden in the package pricing. They don't know how much they paid for it, nor do they care enough to compare the prices, because the money has always been spent. They're probably looking at the menu saying, "wow, $16 for a counter service meal? I'm sure glad we don't have to pay that!" Even though they paid about $22 for the same meal. They just don't know it.

We went in April 2016 and we loved the QSDP because of the flexibility. These restrictions might kill really kill the deal for us. I hope they change it back. My whole family pretty much exclusively drinks water, the drinks are of zero value to us.

We went in April 2016 and we loved the QSDP because of the flexibility. These restrictions might kill really kill the deal for us. I hope they change it back. My whole family pretty much exclusively drinks water, the drinks are of zero value to us.

And that is why Disney probably won't change it back. Drinks cost them literally pennies per serving, whereas anything with the snack logo costs them considerably more. Allowing the exchange costs them money. Making everyone get a drink makes them money. Even those of us who opt for a bottled water instead of the fountain drink is a win for them over allowing anything with a snack logo.

I thought about this (way too much) last night and crunched some numbers using current menu pricing. If they still pool all (child and adult) QS credits into one bucket, I think my family will still get enough value out of the QSDP to go with it. At least until DD1 is 10.

And that is why Disney probably won't change it back. Drinks cost them literally pennies per serving, whereas anything with the snack logo costs them considerably more. Allowing the exchange costs them money. Making everyone get a drink makes them money. Even those of us who opt for a bottled water instead of the fountain drink is a win for them over allowing anything with a snack logo.

For fountain drinks, definitely yes.

But, I would think bottles of juice cost them quite a bit more than most of the snack items. This is why I could see them changing the policy to allowing the subbing out of beverages at resorts only, where everyone with the plan has a mug, and so most all of the beverages chosen will be bottled. Allowing the subbing at the resort could actually save them money.

I do agree, though, that allowing the subbing at theme parks costs them money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter