Recent experiences subbing side for QS drink?

I tried to do this at Typhoon Lagoon last fall because I wanted something marked with a snack symbol instead of a drink, since we had mugs. I was told they could give me a bag of chips but nothing else, because the others were "premium snacks" and couldn't be swapped. I can't imagine getting fries with pulled pork instead of a soft drink that costs them almost nothing, so please report back after you do it.

I tried to do this at Typhoon Lagoon last fall because I wanted something marked with a snack symbol instead of a drink, since we had mugs. I was told they could give me a bag of chips but nothing else, because the others were "premium snacks" and couldn't be swapped. I can't imagine getting fries with pulled pork instead of a soft drink that costs them almost nothing, so please report back after you do it.
Last Fall had similar thing happen to me at Typhoon Lagoon, but they eventually let me do it because I insisted; as had been doing it the entire trip without a problem everywhere else

I was able to do this in both Sept & December at Flame Tree with no problems at all
I have heard other people not being able to substitute at Flame Tree lately, as well as people being able to do the substitute. I think it seems to depend on what CM you get.:rolleyes:

Do you think subbing a "side" for a dessert is different than subbing a beverage for something?

:wave2: OP, please come back and tell us how you made out!

Do you think subbing a "side" for a dessert is different than subbing a beverage for something?

:wave2: OP, please come back and tell us how you made out!

Considering you no longer get dessert with a QS meal, it doesn't really matter.

I made this comment in another thread but I really don't understand what Disney is thinking with the qsddp. Isn't the price close to $48 now? and they are taking away any flexibility. Someone else posted Disney may be trying to phase it out. I don't know but I think they are risking a lot of negativity when newbies buy the plan and then get there and see what they are actually getting for that $$$$.

I made this comment in another thread but I really don't understand what Disney is thinking with the qsddp. Isn't the price close to $48 now? and they are taking away any flexibility. Someone else posted Disney may be trying to phase it out. I don't know but I think they are risking a lot of negativity when newbies buy the plan and then get there and see what they are actually getting for that $$$$.
I totally agree with you. If we did not do the free dining, I would not get the dining plan. I would certainly never pay for the Quick Service DP, ever. I think the value is not there anymore with the reductions in what you are getting and the flexibility. Last year when we could sub a drink and sub our dessert, it was a good value and we really liked that. I do not drink a lot of pop/sodas, and we love the desserts so I was hoping to at least be able to make use of subbing out my drink this year. This is definitely a disappointing change and what I think is a serious down-grade on the plan. Not sure the value is there with the QS plan.

What does Disney expect you to do if you are at your resort QS and you already have a refillable mug? I know you can get a bottled drink for later but it would be nice to be able to get a snack credit dessert or something.

What does Disney expect you to do if you are at your resort QS and you already have a refillable mug? I know you can get a bottled drink for later but it would be nice to be able to get a snack credit dessert or something.
We usually get milk (for cereal we bring and to put in our coffee) or juice for breakfast the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter