READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got boarding group 7 today. I used Pop WiFi. I lined up the join buttons (the AT-AT and where ‘join’ would be on the next page). I used a countdown clock and as soon as it turned to 7:00.00, I clicked “join”...”join” and then “join” at the bottom. Thanks for the tips!
[/QUOTE]
Did you open up the app at 7 or refresh? I had the app open at both 7 and 1 and clicked join with no luck while practicing at home. Thanks!

I had the app open to the home page scrolled down to the AT-AT. I did not refresh. When the clock was 7:00:00, I hit join and then “join” was on the next page and then again on the next page at the bottom.

Need some expert advice here - heading to Hollywood Studios on Monday for my husband's 40th birthday and his number one wish is to ride ROTR. How can I practice registering to increase my chances of success? Thanks in advance!
merged you to the thread. Read postt 1 first and then the last couple of pages

Need some expert advice here - heading to Hollywood Studios on Monday for my husband's 40th birthday and his number one wish is to ride ROTR. How can I practice registering to increase my chances of success? Thanks in advance!
My 40th is on Friday and I’ve got the same wish! Lol.

there’s 3 join buttons to click on, starting at the main My Disney Experience page. If you click the first one right when your phone turns to 7:00:00, you should be able to click the second join, then the third join is at the bottom. Click them as fast as possible.

Everyone in your friends and family list with a park pass reservation will be selected on the day of your reservation. (When you’re practicing, ignore that they’re not checked and click the next join). Good luck! Timing is everything, the groups go fast!

Thank you all for your advice. 🙌 Practice is so important! It took my second time practicing to get it.

1. Line up join buttons In advance (I did not refresh) (the second join will be at the “Our 7:00 am....)
2. Time.gov right at 7:00:00 pulled up on my husband’s phone while I used my phone to join
3. Join, join, and then join at the bottom no hesitation

boom!

Not sure if this has been answers - if so - just direct me to it! Headed to Disney in 2 weeks so of course, we are going to try and get a BG for RofR! We are of party of 3. In November I have a trip planned with 8 other people (who are already on my Disney experience). How do I make sure they will not pop up when we are trying for our Boarding Group? Hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance!

Oooh that's a tough one. We had extras on our account we ended up calling and having removed. But we didn't have an open and active plan with those folks. They were still linked from a past trip. Even still the BG process was rough. We had 2 HS days in Nov and thank goodness, because we didn't get a BG on the first day and were able to get one on the 2nd. I wonder if someone else here will pipe up that has a solution or if you'll have to call and ask.

Not sure if this has been answers - if so - just direct me to it! Headed to Disney in 2 weeks so of course, we are going to try and get a BG for RofR! We are of party of 3. In November I have a trip planned with 8 other people (who are already on my Disney experience). How do I make sure they will not pop up when we are trying for our Boarding Group? Hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance!
Merged you to the existing thread.
No need to worry, everyone on your mde with a dhs park reservation will be automatically checked the day you try for a bg. Read post 1 and then the last couple of pages for recent reports

I just returned from our Disney trip and was successful obtaining boarding groups both days following tips I found in this thread. I got boarding group #12 on 1/4 and boarding group #1 on 1/5!

Here are the steps I followed:
-Use cell data (turn off WiFi)
-Went to an outdoor courtyard of my hotel (an area away from people and outside of the building)
-Pulled up time.gov on my wife's cell phone
-Waited on the AT-AT page on my cell phone to press the join button as soon as Time.gov showed 7:00:00
-Pressed the three sequential blue join buttons as quickly as I could (I did not try to line up the join buttons so they would be in the same exact spot)

Hope you all have as much success as I did. I was nervous about getting a boarding group prior to our trip, and thanks to the tips in this thread I was able to get boarding groups for both of our days in Hollywood Studios. Thanks everyone for posting your tips in this thread, much appreciated!

I just returned from our Disney trip and was successful obtaining boarding groups both days following tips I found in this thread. I got boarding group #12 on 1/4 and boarding group #1 on 1/5!

Here are the steps I followed:
-Use cell data (turn off WiFi)
-Went to an outdoor courtyard of my hotel (an area away from people and outside of the building)
-Pulled up time.gov on my wife's cell phone
-Waited on the AT-AT page on my cell phone to press the join button as soon as Time.gov showed 7:00:00
-Pressed the three sequential blue join buttons as quickly as I could (I did not try to line up the join buttons so they would be in the same exact spot)

Hope you all have as much success as I did. I was nervous about getting a boarding group prior to our trip, and thanks to the tips in this thread I was able to get boarding groups for both of our days in Hollywood Studios. Thanks everyone for posting your tips in this thread, much appreciated!

Yay! Go you!

I need to start practicing now that the 7am drop is a thing...if I can wake up that early D:

BG 57. Not the greatest group. But I’ve had worse and I’m just glad to have it. I had issues with the WiFi in my room and the bars aren’t great so I was legit thinking I wouldn’t get in until 1.

Practiced from home this morning in preparation for our trip in 2 weeks. This is what displayed on the screen after I hit JOIN 3 times in a row really fast right at 7:00 am. I don’t remember if this means we would have gotten a BG or not. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Oh...I turned Location Services off before I did this and I used the time.gov website to check the time before going back into the MDE app.
633341A8-5BEA-426F-B940-472DB498B4DF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter