Ralph Lauren Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melania's dress for the inagruation, while cute and a pretty colour, didn't fit well. There was weird bunching in the front. It looked like it should have been a fitted dress. Obviously, it's not her fault the fit was off but it was off. She's very beautiful and whoever fit it should have done better.

Melania's dress for the inagruation, while cute and a pretty colour, didn't fit well. There was weird bunching in the front. It looked like it should have been a fitted dress. Obviously, it's not her fault the fit was off but it was off. She's very beautiful and whoever fit it should have done better.
To me it just looked like she had been sitting in it. That would cause those sort of ripples. She should have had a "steamer" following her around!

To me it just looked like she had been sitting in it. That would cause those sort of ripples. She should have had a "steamer" following her around!

There was too much material in the area between her breasts and torso... Nothing to do with wrinkling. It looked like it should have been a fitted dress but it wasn't properly fitted.

I just want to say that I kinda liked Kellyanne's outift. She looks like she should be on the bridge of the SDF-1. It's certainly unconventional and I get the criticism, but personally, I kinda dig the anime-chic (even the cat buttons).

There was too much material in the area between her breasts and torso... Nothing to do with wrinkling. It looked like it should have been a fitted dress but it wasn't properly fitted.
Oh, I was just thinking about the skirt. I had read a comment the other day (somewhere else) about her skirt looking bunched up.

I just want to say that I kinda liked Kellyanne's outift. She looks like she should be on the bridge of the SDF-1. It's certainly unconventional and I get the criticism, but personally, I kinda dig the anime-chic (even the cat buttons).

I get what you mean about that; however, even with the somewhat unusual aspects of it, she couldn't really pull it off. Some people can really pull off "out there" clothing. She's not one of them.

Oh, I was just thinking about the skirt. I had read a comment the other day (somewhere else) about her skirt looking bunched up.

Oh. That's nitpicky. There's really not much you can do about wrinkling when the person has to sit for a while. I was talking about the top.

Her outfit was cashmere which is why I think the fit looked the way it did. It isn't as heavy as regular wool, but its not a light and flowy fabric either.

So, you don't think it fit well either?

Not at all, I think it looked fabulous on her.
I don't think it was the fit at all, I think the fabric is a thicker fabric so it appeared to have too much in areas to some people. I think it fit just fine.

Her outfit was cashmere which is why I think the fit looked the way it did. It isn't as heavy as regular wool, but its not a light and flowy fabric either.
It's soft (thus wrinkles) and very warm. I'm definitely a cashmere kind of girl.

It's not that's it's bad. It's just not "omg, it's the most wonderful outfit ever, perfection... She's just like Jackie Kennedy.. Omg Everyone is giving her so much praise, I can't believe it.... Nobody has ever been praised so much for an outfit"
I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Many people felt it was really spectacular and went out of their way to talk about it. I thought so, too. The fit, the color, the gloves, all of it.

It's not that's it's bad. It's just not "omg, it's the most wonderful outfit ever, perfection... She's just like Jackie Kennedy.. Omg Everyone is giving her so much praise, I can't believe it.... Nobody has ever been praised so much for an outfit"

I really like it. I'd wear it to work if I could find it at Marshalls!! I would LOVE to be covered up like that yet still look stylish.

Seriously trying to figure out how this was a bad fit:

View attachment 216773
I want that outfit! Although, powder blue isn't in my color wheel and it would have to be off the rack

Interesting note..don't know, if it's been mentioned.

"America's first immigrant First Lady since Louisa Adams paid homage to the old guard of American fashion in a powder blue suit by Ralph Lauren Collection."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter