Priority Seating for One

Just wanted to add my voice to the crowd!! hehe!
I made a slew of PS/ADRs for 1 for my last trip. The CMs on the phone (and at the restaurants!) were always very accomodating. Most times we would get into talking about my trip as a solo and they would express how cool they thought it would be to go alone. :goodvibes

Mike

Ok after reading this thread, I changed my dinning plans for my first solo. Making the ADR's was easy my 90 days was on July 18th, the first day of the new policy. I am staying 10/16-10/21 at OKW. I thought I would enjoy some cool, sit down meals.

Here is my list:

Breakfast: Spoodles, Donald's CB, Concourse Steakhouse, Boma
Lunch: Trail's End, Olivia's
Dinner: Cape May Cafe

There is one more meal, a dinner I think, but the information is at home. Thanks for the assurance to table dinning is for solos. I like to read when I eat solo, will this be ok?

Penny

pjpoohbear said:
Ok after reading this thread, I changed my dinning plans for my first solo. Making the ADR's was easy my 90 days was on July 18th, the first day of the new policy. I am staying 10/16-10/21 at OKW. I thought I would enjoy some cool, sit down meals.

Here is my list:

Breakfast: Spoodles, Donald's CB, Concourse Steakhouse, Boma
Lunch: Trail's End, Olivia's
Dinner: Cape May Cafe

There is one more meal, a dinner I think, but the information is at home. Thanks for the assurance to table dinning is for solos. I like to read when I eat solo, will this be ok?

Penny

Hi Penny,

Looks like you have picked some great places. I went to Donalds and Boma on my last trip and loved both. If you are adding one more dinner might I suggest one of the Epcot restaurants? I am a big fan of Le Cellier.
And as for reading, I have done this before too. I also like writing out postcards or trip journaling during a sit down meal.

Hope that you have a great trip!
Mike :goodvibes

Mike:

I have to journal this trip, so a great idea! Just started scrapbooking, :rolleyes2 .

I wanted to do food booth sampling for an epcot dinner. Food and Wine Fest is suppose to be the grown-up :snooty: reason I tell others for this trip :rolleyes1 .

Yeah right, :rotfl: I am going to see those two chipmunks :lovestruc and maybe a mouse or two, some ducks, a crickets, and who else.... :laughing:.

AT Home: The other dinner will hopefully be at Raglan Road, the new irish pub at PI. So no ADR for that, at least for now.

pjpoohbear said:
Mike:

I have to journal this trip, so a great idea! Just started scrapbooking, :rolleyes2 .

Oh cool Penny!!
I just started doing some scrapbooking myself because of my June trip, I wanted to be able to extend my "Disney magic" a few months by doing an uber scrapbook. You have to check out the scrapbooking store at DTD! I spent sooo much money there! hehe I got the "Happiest Celebration" Scrapbook binder and lots of fun scrapbook toys (papers, mickey head scissors, character hole punches) there.

Have fun at Food & Wine Festival too, I have heard it is a blast!
Mike :earsboy:

Mykelogan said:
Oh cool Penny!!
I just started doing some scrapbooking myself because of my June trip, I wanted to be able to extend my "Disney magic" a few months by doing an uber scrapbook. You have to check out the scrapbooking store at DTD! I spent sooo much money there! hehe I got the "Happiest Celebration" Scrapbook binder and lots of fun scrapbook toys (papers, mickey head scissors, character hole punches) there.

Have fun at Food & Wine Festival too, I have heard it is a blast!
Mike :earsboy:

There is a Scrapbooking store in DTD!!! Do you mean in Marketplace. How did I miss that in December. Could you PM me the store name and which part of DTD it is in. I need to buy stuff to spruce up my photo album when I come down in Sept.

Thanks Mike,

Shelley
aka wdwr

It is a couple of doors down from the 365 days of Christmas store. If you take the bus it is really close to the marketplace stop. It is connected to the art store. Browsed last trip, but was not committed to the madness of scrapping yet, the bug does bite really fast!

Penny

Sure, the CMs are fine with it. Nobody's ever questioned me, nor have I ever noticed a change in tone or attitude :sunny:
The only 'odd' thing I've noticed is, when I tried to get a PS for California Grill for just me, the earliest they could seat me was 9:15 or 9:30; when I changed it to three people, I could get a PS for 7 PM! I ended up using neither one - my friends didn't make it until the next day, and I was at PI.

Thanks everyone for the input. I will try my hand at it. WDWR I sent you a private email today....

Scrapbookers, the scrapbook store in DTD is great but if you are not planning on visiting DTD you can get some of the supplies at EPCOT (store is at the end of the bridge between FW/WS) and at MK at the Town Hall first store on the right as you enter mainstreet

I always make ps for the restaurants I want to dine at, especially the more popular ones. I have no trouble telling Disney Dining it is for a party of one, and most times, I get kudos from the CM on the phone. I usually tell them that although I love going with family, when I go solo, it gives me the opportunity to try some great sit down restaurants, that my young nephews may not care for. I love to read, so I always have a book with me. This helps take any awkwardness away from dining alone, as well as something to help fill in the time while waiting for a parade or show to start. I have always received very good service, even while dining alone. I tried the Whispering Canyon in 2003 and always dine at 50's. Both places were very respectful that I was dining solo and that I was not interested in the jokes or games.

As for the poster who wondered about dining at Teppanyaki solo, I would definitely dine there solo. You usually meet some really neat people at your table, even if you are part of a group yourself. :flower:

I learned something interesting today. I booked a trip about a month out so I've been late making ADRs. I'm only going to be there 3 nights and I've had no luck getting CRT and LeCellier for dinner. I call daily hoping for a cancellation. When I called today the CM told me she had availability all evening at CRT. I was thrilled...then she said...wait a minute, that's for a 4 top. I don't have anything for a single. Seems they have very few tables for one and aren't allowed to do ADRs for a 4 top for a single diner. She check LeCellier for the day I wanted and it was the same deal. She suggested I walk up and get put on the list about an hour before I want to eat. Of course if I take a chance that screws my backup ADR. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm too honest to lie to get an ADR.

The only 'odd' thing I've noticed is, when I tried to get a PS for California Grill for just me, the earliest they could seat me was 9:15 or 9:30; when I changed it to three people, I could get a PS for 7 PM!

That is because the way the dining system works they have tables listed for 1-2, 3-4, etc... You changed to a different size table, so there were different table sizes available.

I don't agree with it - just explaining it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter