Priority Seating for One

MaryPoppinsLives

Earning My Ears
I have done PS when I am with a group but on my solo trips I have just brought snacks and eaten at counter service, or walked in to breakfast at Rain Forest Cafe before going to AK so I have never called to make a PS with WDW-DINE for just 1 person. Have any of you made PS for 1? Was the CM nice about it?? I thought about making it for 2 people and just saying that the other person couldn't make it at check-in. As my next 3 planned trips are all solo & I would like to try some new restuarnts I am not sure what to do?!? Any suggestions ???

Noticed that you will be doing MVMCP on Dec. 4th me too and most likely solo. Perhaps we could meet up for dinner before hand. I usually do the 1900 Park Fare character dinner before the party and then just get on the monorail to head to the park..........just a thought. I am a 40ish woman and passholder, already have my ticket for the party. I say most likely solo since my friend maybe moving and won't be able to go, will know later this summer if that is the case.

I made seating reservations for myself for my trip coming up this weekend.
When I called I had no problems when I said the seating was just for one.
I made reservations at Sci-Fi, Boma's, Trails End, Tony's, and for the Tea at the GF. Otherwise I'm just going to do counter service or wing it, I'm thinking of making a reservation at Teppanyaki but not sure if I want to do that one solo.

I was just going to call & make my solo ressies for a character breakfast! I would imagine that it should be no problem.

I went on my first ever solo trip that past May. I had never really gone anywhere by myself before and had defintely never eaten in a restaraunt alone. I decided to take the plunge and make myself do things I hadn't tried before. I booked three tours and also made alot of PS (Marrakesh, Biergarten, Rainforest Cafe, Le Cellier, Rose & Crown, Sci-Fi, Mama Melrose, House of Blues, Bomas, and Cystal Palace). When I made the PS the CM was very sweet, offered suggestions, and said I made good choices. While I was down there the only place I was uncomfortable was at Biergarten. The hostess had placed me at a table with two other parties, which I expected. But I didn't expect to be the only female at the table. The night I had Bomas scheduled I wasn't feeling well so cancelled, but that was the only PS I didn't keep. I never had a problem dining solo, nor did a CM ever make me uncomfortable either when I was making the PS or while I was eating. In fact they went out of their way to engage me in converastion. Call, make your ADRs, and have fun!

No problems with making dining reservations here either. Every time they are perfectly nice.

The only places I won't go generally are character meals (just not my thing) and, like Aubriee, Biergarten (feel weird sitting with other people just staring and eating..sort of feel like an odd duck.)

Go and have a great time!
Solotraveler :earsboy:

I just made PS/AR for solo dining yesterday, at 3 different resturaunts for my trip next month. As usual, the CM was very nice. Someday, I'm going to get my courage up to make solo ressies for a character meal.

aubriee said:
Ithe only place I was uncomfortable was at Biergarten.

I second the ADR for solos. There are places you can't get into even as a solo without it. I too, will not go back Biergarten. I actually walked out. I was seated in the middle of 2 families :guilty: I asked for something else and was told to "wait over there" (an arbitary spot in the rest.) after 5 minutes, I gave up and left.

I had some great meals as solo. as I would not spend for some of the places with DD. Can't wait to go back to Italy again! :flower:

helenk said:
I made seating reservations for myself for my trip coming up this weekend.
When I called I had no problems when I said the seating was just for one.
I made reservations at Sci-Fi, Boma's, Trails End, Tony's, and for the Tea at the GF. Otherwise I'm just going to do counter service or wing it, I'm thinking of making a reservation at Teppanyaki but not sure if I want to do that one solo.

I have made ADRs for 1 person on several occasions without a problem.

As for Teppanyaki, I think that could be one of the easier restaurants because yhou are already sitting at a table of people that do not know each other. Yesterday I sat with two couples (only 5 at the table) and we talked a bit because the couples were also talking to each other. Another trip I sat with a mother/daughter/grand daughter combination and talked all through dinner. The other couple at the table were not talkative. I would not hesitate to do this again. I do think it is best to get grouped at a table with two or more different parties and I think they try to pair youb that way.

Good luck and enjoy the meal.

While I have never dined solo at Biergarten, we did have seven people at our table for dinner once. Our group of two, two older ladies, a couple that didn't speak to anyone, even to each other, and a single guy. The quiet couple ate in about fifteen minutes and left. The five of us were glad and ended up having the most pleasant conversation. The single guy said he felt strange being there by himself but he was recently home from a military tour in Germany and wanted the food again. He was the most interesting guy.

I've also eaten solo at Concourse Steakhouse for breakfast, Chefs de France for lunch, Cape May Buffet for dinner. Never had a problem. Contrast that with a solo trip to TGIFriday's where I had a book out and a notepad where I was writing things down. Clearly I wanted to be able to work. That server stopped by every two minutes to see if I needed anything. I wanted to say peace and quiet. Disney is great for solo dining.

I made PS's for Boma, Crystal Palace, Brown Derby, Fresh, CRT, Akershus, Le Cellier, Jiko, Breakfastasouras, Marrakesh, Kona, Mama Melrose's, Coral Reef, and Artist Point solo, and the CM's didn't say anything about that being strange.

I always make PS for table service meals on solo trips. Everyone's always nice. Well, except for one time and place. I went to Spoodles for breakfast in 1999 and was told that the reason they couldn't find my PS was that they usually cancel them for solo diners. As it turned out, I definitely didn't need it, but there was a more diplomatic way of explaining it. My entire Spoodles experience was pretty bad re: service. The food was good, but I didn't enjoy it. I'm sure it's changed since then, but I won't go back to find out.

jenelope said:
I went to Spoodles for breakfast in 1999 and was told that the reason they couldn't find my PS was that they usually cancel them for solo diners. As it turned out, I definitely didn't need it, but there was a more diplomatic way of explaining it.

Why would they cancel a solo PS? :confused3 Is this common? Now I'm getting worried about my PS's.

I've been going solo yearly since 2000, 2-3 ADR per trip, fortunately nothing's ever been cancelled. That's strange!

MaryPoppinsLives
I do table seating by myself all the time. The CM's are great and when I have done charactor dinners even the charactor's have been great---For some reason every time I eat at LTT Chip steals my food, occasionally Meeko has gotten into the act. I may actually be let down if he doesn't steal my food the next time I eat there. So I say just go for it. I usually always have a book with me and will read during dinner.
I noticed that you are doing MVMCP on the 4th and I am too. Have been thinking about eating at LTT--so let me know.
Later,
Lynn

I had no problems making ressies for solo meals. The CM on the phone was very nice. All she asked was if they were on the free dining or not. (I guess they make a note)

And MaryPoppinsLives...as far as I know you haven't read my PM to you about my ressies and joining me for Breakfast at AK. Go read you messages would you! Then I will know if I should plan on company or not. :banana: (If you have read it by the time you see this...nevermind :rotfl: )

You might even have better luck making your ressies because you are a solo than a group of 4 or more. So start dialing if you didn't already

wdwr

Why would they cancel a solo PS? Is this common? Now I'm getting worried about my PS's.
I wouldn't worry too much. Since that trip, I've made 15-20 solo PSs and, as far as I know, none of them were cancelled. That experience with Spoodles was very unusual, in my experience. I haven't heard of anything like it happening before or since.

I called yesterday & made my solo PS for a character breakfast. When I mentioned it was for 1, the CM said "what a good idea! I should do that myself!". I can't wait...70 days until I get on the plane.

I've never had problems making a PS for one. In fact, the other night I was making one for dinner and the CM thought it was for two and could only give me a late seating, I told her it was one and I got a much earlier PS (the time I wanted).

I've made solo ADRs all over and never had any problems--it was usually easier to get in for same-day meals as 1, I thought.

I always think it's curious how self-conscious people get about eating alone--my sister and brother would rather chew off their own legs in the privacy of their hotel rooms than eat out by themselves. I find it the best solution for my situation of a) really, really enjoying food, and b) having no friends interested in anything Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter