Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

I spent 3 months planning this. It was no easy especially when we have 12 people. :wizard:
Keep in mind that you do not need to do everything or eat every credit in one day. We only have a one-night "Premium Plan" but we would play and eat for 2 full days. We do not have any breakfast eater in our group, so a lunch and dinner each day is sufficient. Don't forget that you are entitled to 2 snack credits too. BTW, we won't be doing any theme park tours at all. We are "Only" doing: Cirque du Soleil($90), Parasailing($100+), Golf lesson($75+), water skiing($?), Personal water crafts(2 hrs-price unsure), portrait photo session($50+), Segway @FW($90), miniature golf($13+) and finally a lunch @Fulton crab house and dinner @Narcoosee's and Artists point.
I hope this can help will with your planning.

Thanks for the run-down of your activities.

I did consider the fact that we will have 2 days, but we also have to find time to get into our room day 1, and out of that room and into room 2 the 2d day (assuming they move us).

Our issue is that DD is only 11 and is not old enough to do things like the Segway tour, which I REALLY want to do!

We would do Cirque again, for sure. I was also looking @ things like horseback riding, archery, water sprites, mini golf (this isn't as much of a value since we get 1/2 price as passholders), maybe 1 tour.

DD being 11 is really limiting our options. Hmmm... maybe I should leave her home! :rotfl:

This is very interesting. Something to think about for a future trip. I'm impressed with whoever thought about this idea. :thumbsup2

Hey got another question....do you receive 3 meal credits or are the credits specifically for 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner. Just wondering if I can use 1 credit for dinner the day I check in and 1 credit for lunch / 1 credit for dinner checkout day?

It is basically the deluxe dining plan, so you get three dining credits and two snacks per person to be used any way you wish throughout the package.

As far as getting in and out of your room, you should be sure to reserve the same level of room. You should be able to stay in the same room.

I always thought you need a min. 3 night stay to make it a package... Not a bad idea.

Only problem to do it in the middle of a stay. You'll need a package before and another one after.

For the person who asked about the credits, it's 3 credits per person per room. So, if it's 2 adults for example, you'll have 6 sit-down meals per day, which you can use 1 credit (per person) on a regular sit down, and 2 credits/PP on an expensive one. Or split them into two days, the day you arrive, and the day you depart (the next day) :)

I always thought you need a min. 3 night stay to make it a package... Not a bad idea.

Only problem to do it in the middle of a stay. You'll need a package before and another one after.

:)

I honestly wouldn't recommend this for someone who needs a package for their entire stay. I feel confident doing this because 1 - I have an annual pass, and 2) the rest of my reservation is room only.

I have a 2-week stay and often have multiple reservations to get the best price for that long of a stay and have never been moved, so as I said before, I will arrive on a room-only reservation at the campground, get set up and chill for a couple of days, then the day of the package, run by the check-in desk and grab my new room key, then off to the "races" for two days to enjoy my tours and experiences. Then, after the 2-day package is over, I will check back in for a continuing, room-only reservation for the remainder of my stay. I am 100% confident that I won't have to move.

The 1-day ticket that I will have to purchase as part of the package will be put away and used at a later date when it is time to renew my annual pass.

I also visit VERY frequently (at least 5 - 6 times per year) and have over 50 trips to the World. We are empty nesters and even though we visit often, we spend very little time in the parks, so I won't feel like I'm "wasting park time" by doing this.

Having to deal with "anything" other than just picking up new room keys will cut into your time for those 2 days.

For the person who asked about the credits, it's 3 credits per person per room. So, if it's 2 adults for example, you'll have 6 sit-down meals per day, which you can use 1 credit (per person) on a regular sit down, and 2 credits/PP on an expensive one. Or split them into two days, the day you arrive, and the day you depart (the next day) :)

I'll correct myself after chatting with a CM...

They say the entitlements are 3 meals per day. It doesn't matter where, quick service, sit down, signature or even V&A. Price difference between premium and platinum seems to be about $56 per adult. So if you plan on doing V&A, it's worth it.

Price per adult for premium is $164, and platinum is $220. If you divide this in two days and take advantage of several things, it's not a bad idea...

So you'll eat like a pig!

Hey got another question....do you receive 3 meal credits or are the credits specifically for 1 breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 dinner. Just wondering if I can use 1 credit for dinner the day I check in and 1 credit for lunch / 1 credit for dinner checkout day?

Yes, you are entitled to 3 meals credit for each package night. It doesn't matter where you choose to eat. A counter service meal is one meal credit; while a "signature" restaurant dinner is also one meal credit. You are not going to be using 2 meal credits for any signature restaurants listed on the WDW Premium plan brochures.

On the Premium and Platinum plans there are no 2 credit meals all sit down, signature dining and Dinner shows are 1 credit.

A tip of the hat to the OP for this idea. I had the deluxe dining for 8 nights in December, I usually pay oop for cirque and Spirit of Aloha and Hoop De Do review and fish 1 or 2 times on our stay. chanbed my plans to first day premium plan and rest of stay using deluxe dining cost was $513.00 more
2 people 2 dinner shows=$240.00
2 people cirque= $170.00
2 trips fishing= $500.00
total $910.00
definetly works for me
By the way we drive and get into Orlando area 2 days before my ressies start so we get to the Poly bright and early and start the fun.

A tip of the hat to the OP for this idea. I had the deluxe dining for 8 nights in December, I usually pay oop for cirque and Spirit of Aloha and Hoop De Do review and fish 1 or 2 times on our stay. chanbed my plans to first day premium plan and rest of stay using deluxe dining cost was $513.00 more
2 people 2 dinner shows=$240.00
2 people cirque= $170.00
2 trips fishing= $500.00
total $910.00
definetly works for me
By the way we drive and get into Orlando area 2 days before my ressies start so we get to the Poly bright and early and start the fun.

I just did a sample quote for 2 adults, one night at Bay lake towers, overlooking MK. 1 day base tickets and platinum MYW, about $1100

Not bad for an anniversary weekend trip!

I just did a sample quote for 2 adults, one night at Bay lake towers, overlooking MK. 1 day base tickets and platinum MYW, about $1100

Not bad for an anniversary weekend trip!

Yeah, I priced out one night at GF in the middle of our honeymoon (Dec.) and I think it was $950 something. Sticker shock set in at first, but once you consider what you're getting its not a bad deal at all! We are hoping to get a PIN or AP rate to save about 40% off our room at GF, so we'll miss out on that discount for that one night, making the extra out of pocket expense for two for the Platinum plan around $600. BUT here is my dream itinerary for those 2 days, with estimated cost if you were to pay OOP. (I dont know if this is at all doable but this is my rough idea!)

DAY 1
Epcot Segway tour ($99x2)
lunch at Epcot using leftover DDP credits from 1st reservation ($0)
Aqua Seas tour ($140x2)
Dinner late seating at Victoria & Albert's ($125x2)

Day 2
Morning tour or water sports ($ ???)
Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table ($51x2)
Swedish massage at GF spa ($145x2) PP includes gratuity at the spa
Photopass portrait session at GF ($ ???)
Dinner at Victoria & Alberts ($125x2)
OR Dinner at Narcoossees (~ $60x2) + Wishes fireworks cruise ($300?)

+ photopass cd ($100 ?)

I wish there was a way to eat at V&A twice AND do a fireworks cruise but I don't think the schedule will allow it.

If we don't do 1 night platinum we'd most likely pay out of pocket for 1 meal at V&A, spa treatments, portrait session and photopass Cd. I think that stuff alone covers the $600 expense, all the extra stuff would be like a fantastic bonus. I also didn't know which prices included tax so I didn't factor that in at all.

I really hope we'd be able to keep our same room at GF, but I suppose that's the downside I'll have to live with! :)

ok type reallll slow an splain this to me, please:

i can book a one night Premium package (any hotel restrictions? i assume not) and go to that hotel EARLY one morning, check in and start my tours, meals, etc? and then continue to frolic until midnight the following day on the same perks?

it sounds too good to be true...

ok type reallll slow an splain this to me, please:

i can book a one night Premium package (any hotel restrictions? i assume not) and go to that hotel EARLY one morning, check in and start my tours, meals, etc? and then continue to frolic until midnight the following day on the same perks?

it sounds too good to be true...

But it is true..:thumbsup2 I have everything arranged as such.:love:

It is true.This is exactly what we did last year.We checked in early one day and for the next 2 days,we went all out.We did Cirque,Hoop,Spirit of Aloha,boys played golf twice,rented jet skis and went parasailing.went on a fishing tour,rented a Sea Raycer and went horseback riding.It was great!!!

I've always wanted to go see the Cirque show but was hesitant to spend that kind of money. I started talking about this idea with DH and his comment was that I spent so much time making sure that our girls enjoyed every second of our Disney vacations that I should get to do something that I've always wanted to do. :love: So I started pricing things out and I think we're going to do the Platinum package for 1 night in Dec at the end of our stay.

First package 7 day, 6 night at CSR with dining. I'll get 8 day park hoppers and save the 1 day tickets from our platinum package for another trip.

Day 1
Check out at 7 or 8 on Friday morning and check into WL. We'll have our car so can leave all of our luggage in the car and hit the ground running.

Behind the seeds
CRT Lunch
Epcot Seas (DH and DD9) (DD6 and I will probably go rent a watercraft)
Dinner leftover CS from first package
Cirque

Day 2

Portrait session at WL early morning
Lunch TBD @ Signature
Horseback riding
HDD
Carriage Ride
Fireworks Cruise

Along with the photopass CD I think it will be well worth it. We'll end up with a room only reservation for the night of Day 2 so that we hopefully don't have to move out of our room.

Thanks to the OP for this idea! While I wish we could take advantage of more tours, my girls just aren't old enough yet. But I still think we're getting our money's worth. And if this works well this time we'll probably try it again when they get older. I really want to do the Segway & V&A.

I've always wanted to go see the Cirque show but was hesitant to spend that kind of money. I started talking about this idea with DH and his comment was that I spent so much time making sure that our girls enjoyed every second of our Disney vacations that I should get to do something that I've always wanted to do. :love: So I started pricing things out and I think we're going to do the Platinum package for 1 night in Dec at the end of our stay.

First package 7 day, 6 night at CSR with dining. I'll get 8 day park hoppers and save the 1 day tickets from our platinum package for another trip.

Day 1
Check out at 7 or 8 on Friday morning and check into WL. We'll have our car so can leave all of our luggage in the car and hit the ground running.

Behind the seeds
CRT Lunch
Epcot Seas (DH and DD9) (DD6 and I will probably go rent a watercraft)
Dinner leftover CS from first package
Cirque

Day 2

Portrait session at WL early morning
Lunch TBD @ Signature
Horseback riding
HDD
Carriage Ride
Fireworks Cruise

Along with the photopass CD I think it will be well worth it. We'll end up with a room only reservation for the night of Day 2 so that we hopefully don't have to move out of our room.

Thanks to the OP for this idea! While I wish we could take advantage of more tours, my girls just aren't old enough yet. But I still think we're getting our money's worth. And if this works well this time we'll probably try it again when they get older. I really want to do the Segway & V&A.

I think your itinerary sounds awesome! One thing to be aware of if you aren't already, when I did the Aqua Seas tour with my sister in Nov. '09 it was only offered like 2 days a week, we did it on Wednesday so maybe Friday was the other day?

Have you found many signature restaurants that are open for lunch? Off the top of my head I couldn't think of any besides Cinderella's Royal Table and Hollywood Brown Derby and I suppose I'd count the DTD restaurants that aren't normally on the DDP. If you know of others I'd love to know which ones!

Thanks for the heads up! I was having trouble finding the days for the Aqua Seas tour but wdwinfo.com lists it as a dialy tour at 12:30. I will double check though cause we know that info on the net can be wrong. :-)

As for lunch...I'm having a tough time which is why it's still open. CRT, Brown Derby and room service seem to be the only signature options for lunch (and lunch isn't available RS at WL). I might just end up doing WCC or somewhere in Epcot. I hate to not eat signature though when we have the opportunity. We have some time that day so maybe we'll pop over to Brown Derby. Never been there before. I might just bite the bullet and try to schedule a signature dinner before cirque but then we'll have to pay OOP for lunch the next day. Might be worth it though. Decisions, decisions. :-)

i signed up, too...for a day at the beginning of our trip so we can hit Cirque. We needed to buy tickets for the trip anyway so that worked into the plan.

Now to make my agenda and wait by the phone to make my calls! Wooohooo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter