Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

10AM is when the jetski tour is offered in Nov. Called Sammy's and confirmed it. I'm going to guess because it is colder therefore they want to wait a bit. They also close at 4PM instead of 5 like they do in the summer. It's amazing how quickly I change my mind. I've already tried about a million configurations of the schedule and have changed it already. The reason I'm doing back to back reservations on Monday like that is because I want to try both those places and I know that I can get the sushi wrapped up to go after I taste it. I purposely am not eating lunch that day so hopefully I will be hungerier. CA Grill and Narcrosses are hard reservations to come by and I wanted to get that reservation because they are having the special Holiday Wishes that night that I want to check out at 9:00. I also dont want to stay out too late that night.

I only have the minimum 1 day non park hopper ticket so thats why I am limited to what I can do and I really dont want to spend too much extra money buying hoppers when park hours are limited this week. I also want to have some park time since the only other time I will be in an actual park otherwise will be the day after my package when I have MVMCP.

So here is my new schedule. As you can see there is alot of jetsking and fishing, I found that when I last did the premium plan that these 2 activities were my favs and I wnted to spend more time focused on them.

Sunday:
8:30-1:30 KTTK
3:50-5:00 CRT
8:00-9:30 Dinner at AP
10:00-12:00 EMH at MK

Monday:
8:00 Breakfast somewhere
10-11 Jetski tour
11:00-12:00 Parasailing
12-1:30 break
1:30-3:30 Fishing at Contempary
5:40- Dinner at CA Grill
7:45- Dinner at Narcosses

Tuesday:
8:30-10:30 Segway @ Fort (I dont have a car but the ferry from Contempary to Fort begins at 645 so I plan to take the first bus to MK and then walk to Contemp and take the ferry to Fort, I should have plenty of time.)
12:00-1:00 Lunch at Raglan Road
1:30-2:30 Take bus to Boardwalk
2:30-5:00 Boat rental
6:00 Flying Fish
8:00 Minigolf at Fantasia Gardens

Wednesday:
10:00-11:00 Jetski tour
12:00 Lunch at Fultons
1:30-3:30 Fishing at DTD
3:30-5:00 Boat rental if I feel like it
6:00-7:30 Cirque
9:00 Dinner at JIKO

So there you go. Complete change of plans for the 2 days but I really dont feel like doing 2 segway tours. Of course this is subject to change if better dining reservations come available or I change my mind again.

sarahgirl- looks like you have loads of fun water activities planned.

BF suggestion- The Wave over at Cont. (they have a buffet for 20 bucks and sweet potato pancakes...YUMMY!!!) Plus it's close to parasailing and the other water stuff.

For the back to back dinner...I did that too and it was ok...packed up desserts and leftovers for later. Maybe you can move the CA grill up to 5 which would give you some more travel time.

Wondering why you didn't chose the very first Bass Fishing tour of the morning? That is what we did and I got some amazing pictures of the sunrise over the water, as well as the 'sleeping' resorts (FW, GF, Poly). It was so peaceful and we caught (and released) quite a few fish. Also, the write-up when we went (2010) said there was coffee & lite breakfast served - NOT! There is one CM who both runs the boat and supervises your fishing. Still, an amazingly unique morning experience, especially since that is when fish (and lots of birds) feed.

Switching that with your other water activities and allowing time for a nice breakfast after fishing, might work well.

As for the Segway tour, if you are only doing one I would strongly encourage it to be the one inside Epcot. I understand about the 1 day ticket, but the difference in what you will see and do on the tours are quite different. FW is off-road and mostly through wooded areas. Nice, but not nearly as 'cool' as zipping around World Showcase!

Just some thoughts. Also, I don't do desserts much, so I always ordered the cheese plates (boxed-to-go)in place of them - really great to take back to your room and they last well.

One last thing. If you are staying at AKL, have you checked into the Wanyama Safari? 4pm daily, limited to 12 people, jeep style tour of all 4 savannas followed by special dinner at Jiko. AMAZING experience. I know it is limited to AKL guests and MIGHT be just for concierge - I know Sunrise Safari is - but it would be worth checking out. They do fill up quite fast, though, so may be too late. We are staying at AKL club level 11/6 & 7, then POP until 11/14. Wave if you see us!

2ofUs said:
As for the Segway tour, if you are only doing one I would strongly encourage it to be the one inside Epcot. I understand about the 1 day ticket, but the difference in what you will see and do on the tours are quite different. FW is off-road and mostly through wooded areas. Nice, but not nearly as 'cool' as zipping around World Showcase!

I disagree. I did both Segway tours in August. Each has it's benefits. But there's more touring time on the Wilderness adventure tour. The off-road Segways are more fun as well.

WDW has expanded the Epcot Segway tour to 3 hours, named it "Keep Moving Forward" and now include a breakfast without increasing the cost, it could be a very different experience. I'm sure it is a matter of preference as we enjoyed both, but felt the thrill of Segway a bit more at Epcot. We have done them now in many other cities and it is different in each, but memorable everywhere.

;)
BF suggestion- The Wave over at Cont. (they have a buffet for 20 bucks and sweet potato pancakes...YUMMY!!!) Plus it's close to parasailing and the other water stuff.

For the back to back dinner...I did that too and it was ok...packed up desserts and leftovers for later. Maybe you can move the CA grill up to 5 which would give you some more travel time.

Great idea about The Wave, it will probably be either there or Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast (lobster eggs benedict).

I plan on getting mostly cheese trays to be able to bring them along and eat them at will for breakfasts and such. Unfortunately CA Grill opens up at 5:30 so I'm already basically at the first seating.

I probably will do 1 day of fishing at 7AM but it cant be the first day as you cant check in for your package until 7AM so wont be able to catch the 6:30 bus.

Still deciding on the in park tours day. The day that I had planned on doing KTTK is one of the preview days that disney is letting annual passholders preview Fantasyland, so I know it is going to be packed. Kind of leary about going there during that time because I avoid crowds whenever possible (notice how many solo activities I have planned.) So I might either do the EPCOT segway tour or do Wild By Design at 8AM and Backstage Safari at 1PM on Monday. Still deciding.

ADR reservations have been down for a couple days now and Im jumping to see what reservations I might snag once they open up and people need to make changes. So who knows the plans might totally change about 100x before I leave in a month, but I'll keep you guys informed because I know what it is like to live vicariously through others on this thread.

We had no problem checking in at 6 am since we had 7am breakfast plans. I think techically they switch over at 3-4am. Not that you'll get a room (we did). The biggest issue is that if you have items in the safe you had to wait for a mgr to be there so we just swung back by after breakfast for our cirque voucher. Having the breakfast ADR at your resort gives you that flexibility at check in.

I plan on getting mostly cheese trays to be able to bring them along and eat them at will for breakfasts and such. Unfortunately CA Grill opens up at 5:30 so I'm already basically at the first seating. Good choice on either!

I probably will do 1 day of fishing at 7AM but it cant be the first day as you cant check in for your package until 7AM so wont be able to catch the 6:30 bus. On our stay we checked in ROOM-ONLY the afternoon before; had them confirm all our plans for the Premium Pkg; made arrangements for transport to Bass Fishing the next morning. Then at around 6ambefore we left to 'fish' we had the front desk check us out, then into our Premium Plan and all went well.

Still deciding on the in park tours day. The day that I had planned on doing KTTK is one of the preview days that disney is letting annual passholders preview Fantasyland, so I know it is going to be packed. I wouldn't worry about the amount of people as the guide stears you around & thru any crowds. You will sit in private (or semi private) areas for different discussions and lunch is in a private section of CHH. Honestly, I think touring during busy days is an excellent use of time - unless, of course, you are planning to RETURN to that park later the same day - then NO, probably not the best plan. But after 4.5-5 hours on the tour, we were ready to crash!

Though not specifically related to the Premium or Platinum packages referred to in this thread (We did the one night Premium once) the knowledge in this thread helped me and my wife on a recent trip. We did a last minute trip down for Food and Wine and our stay ended up being one night at BLT, and four nights at the Saratoga Springs resort. I decided it would be nice to try some restaurants that we had not dined at before, in the spirit of F&W.

So, for the one night stay we booked dinner at Narcoossee's that night and at Sanaa the next night. I then added the Deluxe dining plan to that one night stay. The DDP for that one night cost about $170. The value we received for this was the Narcoossee's dinner ($200), the Sanaa dinner ($100), the two mugs ($30), and the 4 snack credits we used at the F&W booths ($20). If you add this up we received about $350 in value for $170 in cost.

I was thinking of this thread the whole time we were doing this :thumbsup2 ! Given the opportunity we would definitely do this again.

Hey Scott - that may just be the next deal people do! how much food can you eat on the DDP in 40 hours! :rotfl2: Great idea - thanks for sharing!

I had some questions about the Premium DDP, I'm planning for my upcoming birthday and was thinking this would be a great way to celebrate it, especially on a pre-set budget.

Can we book one night (as DVC members) and add the Premium DDP?

If yes, then are we able to use the La Nouba vouchers/certificates some other time, or would we have to stay on a night that La Nouba has shows?

We'd like to try Fulton's, Flying Fish, and Narcoosee's and also do the KTTK tour and La Nouba. If we can squeeze in any other recreation in, that would be a bonus.

I'm hoping this is do-able. :eek:

I had some questions about the Premium DDP, I'm planning for my upcoming birthday and was thinking this would be a great way to celebrate it, especially on a pre-set budget.

Can we book one night (as DVC members) and add the Premium DDP?

If yes, then are we able to use the La Nouba vouchers/certificates some other time, or would we have to stay on a night that La Nouba has shows?

We'd like to try Fulton's, Flying Fish, and Narcoosee's and also do the KTTK tour and La Nouba. If we can squeeze in any other recreation in, that would be a bonus.

I'm hoping this is do-able. :eek:

Sorry! No Can Do! Premium and Platinum Plans are only available for FULL price hotel rooms- no discounts or DVC membership. You also now must book a minimum of 3 nights and buy tickets. So your special night would have to extend to 3 nights in a hotel room not using DVC points. It gets expensive quick, even if you book a value resort. Good luck, and if you can swing the splurge, you will have a blast! And yes, you must stay on a night La Nouba usually shows to get the tickets.

Sorry! No Can Do! Premium and Platinum Plans are only available for FULL price hotel rooms- no discounts or DVC membership. You also now must book a minimum of 3 nights and buy tickets. So your special night would have to extend to 3 nights in a hotel room not using DVC points. It gets expensive quick, even if you book a value resort. Good luck, and if you can swing the splurge, you will have a blast! And yes, you must stay on a night La Nouba usually shows to get the tickets.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it would get very expensive quick. :crazy2: I think I'll have to settle for Deluxe Dining, and purchase tickets for La Nouba, etc. seperately for another time. I'm sure it would still be great to try the DDP. pixiedust:

I talked to someone from reservations, they said AP holders can add Premium DDP but it must be for 3 nights minimum. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter