Pre-holiday pantry challenge

Good luck with the fridge, Tinkarooni! I hope Santa is kind to you.

Last night we had a frozen pizza from a baseball fundraiser. DH and I both worked late and ds had baseball practice until 8:00.

Lunch - I don't know what dh is having but there are some leftovers hanging out in the fridge. He can find something, I am having leftovers from a work lunch we had yesterday.

Tonight- Chicken and Stuffing casserole that was planned for Monday. I didn't feel like cooking so we did a Skillet Meal thingy in the microwave along with some bread.

I can see light in my inside freezer so I know I am making progess on the freezer! Yea!!!

Lori

Stressed put today so it was Wendy's for dinner for me and the boys. DH is at a work function and tomorrow is my school's Christmas party.

Tonight we are having the turkey tetrazini. We are running all week after school, so tomorrow night I am putting a 2lb pork roast in the crockpot for barbeque sandwiches with corn and fries. Tuesday I think we will have the beef and brocolli (finally), Wednesday tacos and popcorn shrimp for one kid (she doesn't like tacos), Thrusday quick beef stroganoff with rice and peas, Friday will be pizza and baked tilapia with rice for parents and Saturday homemade lasagna. We'll see how well I stick to this???

This is only Wednesday and I'm already off the wagon. It was my DD's birthday and we took her to dinner. I guess that's not really a bad thing, it is her birthday. Sunday and Monday I was on track. Still haven't eaten the beef and broccoli or tacos. Looks like tomorrow we will have lemon chicken over rice since I thawed chicken for tonight that we didn't eat. Hopefully, this will be the only fudge until we leave for WDW on the 26th.

I did spend $15 at the grocery tonight for a birthday card, soy milk, skim milk, toliet paper, shampoo, liquid soap refill and mozzarella cheese. That will get us through the rest of the week.

Sorry guys, I have had a whole heap of trouble and been unable to post. My 3 year old fridge died for the 3rd time. It's under warranty but whirlpool won't take care of it. They say that because the company that makes the fridges for them went belly up they don't have to honor the warranty, for anyone who has a Whirlpool or is thinking about buying a new fridge you should see what's happening so this doesn't happen to you. For all of the ugly details you can go here.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2350621&page=2

In the meantime let me just tell you, don't buy a Whirlpool fridge.

So, I lost everything in the fridge and will have to start over. Obviously my pantry and freezer are still ok, but this will set me back, a lot. Cost of a new fridge and filling it again with food. :sick:

I'll catch up with you guys once I get myself together again.

I hope you get a new fridge soon, and at a Budget Board-worthy price! :goodvibes

I cooked up the potatoes with onions, eggs, and Swiss cheese for this week's breakfasts.

Lunches revolve around some sort of soup/stew I have in the freezer.

Today I picked up some organic dairy at the Whole Foods. Dinner was a night planned out for several weeks - leftovers will be tomorrow night.

I've skipped out on my weekly organic produce box for the rest of the month to catch up on eating what's fresh in my fridge right now. Plus, I don't feel like I have to be cooking all the time. I can focus on eating up what's around the house! :thumbsup2

Yesterday was fun getting to catch up with friends and family.

Today we are making chocolates at my Grandma's and she is providing ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch.

I am taking crockpot potato and double corn chowder soup for dinner so we are good there.

Yesterday we also ran a few errands and got almost everything we need for our Christmas eve dinner except the bacon and the fresh fruit and veggies.

Still on track! I looked at what I spent on groceries last December and I am way ahead this year! So far...so good.

Lunch today is leftover casserole and salad for me. DH is on his own. DS eats at school.

Tonight - shrimp and rice in the rice maker with Oriental vegetables that have been in freezer for quite some time. There should be leftover veggies for tomorrows lunch.

Lori

Yesterday was a busy day. Between my mom, Granda, and myself we made 13 pounds of chocolates. I am exhausted.

Today lunch will be whatever you find in the fridge. We have some leftovers from the week that are not enough for both of us to have another dinner out of but are perfect for lunch.

Dinner is Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. I have a bag of turkey meatballs from Aldi's in the freezer, I found a box of whole wheat spaghetti, and our last jar of pasta sauce (we have gone from 6 to one in 2 months). I'll make garlic bread from some buns that are getting a little stale.

Yesterday I made some Pillsbury sugar cookies. What a waste of money! They didn't hold the shape I cut them into. I could have made bad sugar cookies on my own lol! Then we made a gingerbread house. (that's a good way to start my DH and I arguing lol)
As fast as I can make cookies they are gone so I think I have one more batch to go and I am done. I made puppy chow this week and it was gone in 3 days:confused3
For dinner we had blue cheese stuffed chicken breasts and bree mashed potatoes. I am going out to lunch for my B day today and not sure what's up for dinner:)

What can I make with about 12-13 jumbo pasta shells? I need to feed 3 people (2 adults, 1 child). THanks!

YOu can make stuffed shells with ricotta cheese and sauce over them baked in the oven. I have had them also stuffed with chili and have chedder melted over them. You can chop veg like zucchini, eggplant, onions, peppers in a tomato sauce (will be kind of like a veg lasanaga after being baked) and bake with mozzerella cheese over as well.

Tonight was leftover potato and corn chowder and salad.

Tomorrow I hope to either do pot roast or stirfry of some kind.

Saturday was Crock Pot Round Steak and Mashed Potates with leftover oriental veggies.

Yesterday was Left over Round Steak with noodles and rye bread.

Tonight - I don't know! Better get thinking.

Lori

Tonight I'm cooking up the hot dogs and baked beans. I'm quite excited to try this as I've never actually put the hot dogs IN the baked beans. :confused3

Yesterday I did my weekly shopping for bread, milk, etc. I spent 26.07 and except for fresh zuchinni for christmas eve we have everything already in the house for dinner that night. I feel good doing a pantry/freezer meal for x-mas eve.

Last night we had steak sandwiches from some thin steaks I found in the freezer, fresh buns, and baked sweet potato fries.

Lunch today was grilled cheese and carrot sticks. Dinner was pork stirfry with veggies served over rice.

Tomorrow's plan is homemade pizza.

Wednesday I am planning on sloppy joes, thursday and friday are the holidays, and saturday either leftovers or pasta bake.

For lunch, I finished up the Turkey Soup from the freezer. :thumbsup2

I actually now only have one item on Roomie's shelf in the freezer! It's starting to look like I'm making a dent! :goodvibes

I actually now only have one item on Roomie's shelf in the freezer! It's starting to look like I'm making a dent! :goodvibes

:cool1: Yay. Good for you.

Today we made a big breakfast around 11am of french toast (bread that was starting to go stale) and some sausage from the freezer.

For dinner I had homemade pizza and Mom had some scallops and hashbrowns.

Tomorrow I have so much to do. First I need to make the applesauce for X-mas eve dinner, then I need to get the gingerbread part of my gingerbread cheesecake baked and I would like to get the Cheese soup (from the DIsney cookbook) made so all I have to do is heat it up. Also would like to get the potatoes boiled so that is one less step on Thursday.

Monday we had a family steak with baked potatoes and peas. Tuesday I made rice balls with the left over peas, chicken, and some cauliflower puree(it's a recipe from "Deceptively Delicious" and my kid love them) I served those with some left over speghetti sauce I had in the freezer. Tonight it will most likely be chicken again! I can't wait for ham on Christmas! I am making a bundt cake on Christmas eve along with my deviled eggs but can pretty much do everything else the day of.
Yesterday I also made no bake rum balls (from the rum I got on my Disney cruise) and they turned out really good! Today I am making bark with some marshmellows, chocolate chips and nuts I have left over. I am all cookied out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter