• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prawn Heads & Cupcakes & Soups, Oh My! 10/5 Complete (now with my Dining Wish List)!

Yessss the Mickey waffles!! So happy you were able to get these! I want to try all four ;) Wilderness Lodge is at the top of my list for resorts I must stay in at Disney. I love the theming and all three of its eateries are extremely unique. One day :cloud9:

Roaring Fork has four different waffle preparations, and they're all quite unique. Here's a picture from 2011, which shows all four types:

-Chocolate Lovers Waffles (chocolate chips, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce) YES, PLEASE!

-Strawberry and Orange Waffles (fresh strawberries and orange whipped cream) YES, PLEASE!

-Wilderness Waffles (maple butter and candied pecans)YES, PLEASE!

-Bananas Foster Waffles (warm bananas in a buttered rum sauce) YES, PLEASE!

This is going to be a very tough decision, deciding which of these will be my very first Mickey waffles! ;)

Yeah for waffles! I am with you-- those strawberry and orange waffles look YUMMY! I find sometimes the waffle toppings can leave me feeling a bit sick to my stomach if I eat too much ( those banana foster and chocolate chip-- I think would just sit there in my stomach even though they look so yummy)... Are the strawberry ones like that too?

This place is a must stop. The toppings look delicious. :crazy2: <~~me drooling slash lookin' goofy as I'm drooling. Looks like a perfect meal to share w/ some fruit or something. Since my DH is allergic to strawberries, I'd go w/ the maple pecan by my DS LIVES on banana. hmmmm :scratchin maybe both!!

love all your pics and reviews..we are staying at POP but are going to walk over the bridge to the Animation and will have to try the counter service there..

Did you hear that the Wilderness Waffle is no longer at Roaring Forks? It's now at Whispering Canyon :(

Oh, no!!! :eek: Tell me it isn't true! Now I'll probably have to dine alone at WCC in order to get my first Mickey waffle. :sad:

ETA: Paula (smile4stamps), if you are reading this...I need you to do some investigative reporting while you are staying at VWL. ;)

Yessss the Mickey waffles!! So happy you were able to get these! I want to try all four ;) Wilderness Lodge is at the top of my list for resorts I must stay in at Disney. I love the theming and all three of its eateries are extremely unique. One day :cloud9:
Wilderness Lodge is such a lovely resort - I definitely recommend trying it sometime. And while you're there, order a Mickey waffle breakfast. :goodvibes

Strawberry and orange waffle looks fantastic and sounds delicious! I'm glad you're not quite done!
Yep, I think there are two more updates - it's not over yet! :)

This is going to be a very tough decision, deciding which of these will be my very first Mickey waffles! ;)
Well, if the post about the wilderness waffles is accurate, I guess your decision will be slightly easier. :(

Yeah for waffles! I am with you-- those strawberry and orange waffles look YUMMY! I find sometimes the waffle toppings can leave me feeling a bit sick to my stomach if I eat too much ( those banana foster and chocolate chip-- I think would just sit there in my stomach even though they look so yummy)... Are the strawberry ones like that too?
That's exactly why the strawberry/orange topping is my favorite! The banana one is delicious, but it might be a little too much sugar to start off the day. The wilderness waffles were also good, just not my favorite. With the one I chose, the strawberries aren't too sweet, and the orange whipped cream is relatively light and has a refreshing citrus flavor. If you're worried about heaviness, I'd suggest the strawberry/orange ones to you. :thumbsup2

I call the strawberry waffles! Bite size Mickey waffles are amazing.
They really are amazing! (especially when they're loaded with unique toppings ;))

This place is a must stop. The toppings look delicious. :crazy2: <~~me drooling slash lookin' goofy as I'm drooling. Looks like a perfect meal to share w/ some fruit or something. Since my DH is allergic to strawberries, I'd go w/ the maple pecan by my DS LIVES on banana. hmmmm :scratchin maybe both!!
The maple pecan ones were very good as well! I don't think you can go wrong with this choice - it's just personal preference or allergy restrictions. :)

love all your pics and reviews..we are staying at POP but are going to walk over the bridge to the Animation and will have to try the counter service there..
I hope you enjoy Landscape of Flavors! Hopefully the food will still be as interesting and tasty when you try it. :goodvibes

Did you hear that the Wilderness Waffle is no longer at Roaring Forks? It's now at Whispering Canyon :(
Oh no! I knew that a waffle with similar toppings had been added to the WCC breakfast menu, but I didn't realize that the Roaring Fork version went away. That's disappointing news (but it makes the choice easier for me - I'll stick to the options at Roaring Fork).

Oh, no!!! :eek: Tell me it isn't true! Now I'll probably have to dine alone at WCC in order to get my first Mickey waffle. :sad:

ETA: Paula (smile4stamps), if you are reading this...I need you to do some investigative reporting while you are staying at VWL. ;)
Hopefully we'll know pretty soon if the waffle news is true.

And by the way, WCC's menu lists the waffle as a "Belgian waffle", and not a Mickey waffle. :worried:

YAY for Mickey Waffles !!! What I love about Roaring Fork is that they are fresh. They make then while you are waiting and you get a nice hot, fresh waffle. Unlike the ones that can sit an hour or two at the buffets. Which still can taste good, but not as good as the fresh ones. Yum !!

Did someone say Mickey waffles???? I love the options and variety of toppings - so hard to decide. Although looks like now I don't have a choice if the Wilderness waffles were what I wanted.

I have ordered the waffles at WCC and it is a Belgian Waffle not a Mickey waffle. They have the maple butter and the pecans. I believe the skillet breakfasts may server the Mickey waffles?? :confused3

Either way.... I love their breakfast options so I'm glad that you didn't miss out on a wonderful breakfast.

As for your future WDW plans... hmmm... perhaps May?? :p Em and I are looking at a girl trip that's not in January, not in February, not in March, not in April, and not in June through December! I would totally buy you a drink! ;)

Oooohhhhh Mickey Waffles!! Yummmyyy! Love those bananas fosters waffle!:cloud9:
Please tell me I remember correctly that CR has the salted caramel topped Mickey Waffle? I need one of those too!

YAY for Mickey Waffles !!! What I love about Roaring Fork is that they are fresh. They make then while you are waiting and you get a nice hot, fresh waffle. Unlike the ones that can sit an hour or two at the buffets. Which still can taste good, but not as good as the fresh ones. Yum !!
The Roaring Fork waffles really are awesome - I'm craving some right now. :thumbsup2

Did someone say Mickey waffles???? I love the options and variety of toppings - so hard to decide. Although looks like now I don't have a choice if the Wilderness waffles were what I wanted.

I have ordered the waffles at WCC and it is a Belgian Waffle not a Mickey waffle. They have the maple butter and the pecans. I believe the skillet breakfasts may server the Mickey waffles?? :confused3

Either way.... I love their breakfast options so I'm glad that you didn't miss out on a wonderful breakfast.

As for your future WDW plans... hmmm... perhaps May?? :p Em and I are looking at a girl trip that's not in January, not in February, not in March, not in April, and not in June through December! I would totally buy you a drink! ;)
Even if the wilderness waffles are gone from Roaring Fork, I can say that the other options are also very good! The strawberry-orange ones are my favorite. :cloud9:

And I'd love to go in May! Of course, it depends on a lot of things: final exam timing, a summer internship starting date (hopefully), etc. But it would be wonderful to meet up again! :)

This is where I got my info- They didn't say WCC had it as a Mickey waffle, but it did say it wasn't going to be at Roaring Forks.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/09/11/where-to-get-waffles-in-walt-disney-world/
WCC's menu doesn't describe it as a Mickey waffle, so it sounds like the accompaniments are the same, but the shape isn't. :(

Yes, I found this Disney Food Blog article too the other day after reading your post about the discontinued mickey waffles. It is usually a very reliable source of Disney food info, so I think I am doomed. :sad1:
You could still try one of the other options - the chocolate one, the dessert-like bananas foster, or the refreshing strawberry-orange one. They're still very good (although I know it's disappointing to see a reduction in variety ::yes::).

Oooohhhhh Mickey Waffles!! Yummmyyy! Love those bananas fosters waffle!:cloud9:
Please tell me I remember correctly that CR has the salted caramel topped Mickey Waffle? I need one of those too!
Yep - Contempo is the one with the bananas and salted caramel sauce! :thumbsup2

My last Disney snack of the trip was in MK. After some final rides (including Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean), I headed down Main Street for the last time. However, this time I stopped at the Confectionery, hoping to find a new treat that I'd read about (this was before every single review started mentioning it! :laughing:).

When I approached the counter, I didn't see any pieces of chocolate-covered pineapple on display, so I asked a CM if they had it. Two CMs went to the back, and sure enough they returned with a thick wedge of pineapple on a stick, covered in chocolate. :thumbsup2

If you recall, back in July I tried the similar dark chocolate & caramel-covered grapes at Epcot. This snack disappointed me, primarily because there was just too much chocolate relative to the amount of grape. The balance of flavors didn't feel right, IMO. This snack, however, was a different story. The pineapple was thick and juicy, with plenty of acidity that added a flavorful counterpoint to the chocolate. This snack was fantastic. :lovestruc

I took this shot to showcase the beautiful view I had while savoring this snack. Don't worry - there's a better pic of the pineapple.

IMG_5661.jpg

Here's the money shot! A cross-section so you can admire all the pineapple goodness. :goodvibes

IMG_5663.jpg

After finishing my pineapple, I walked over to the Contemporary, where I noticed this interesting sign in the lobby (it wasn't in the lobby the day before, which is why it especially stood out to me).

IMG_5670.jpg

And that's why I spontaneously decided to try out The Wave's new lunch buffet (which no longer exists :laughing:). Then it was time to leave Wilderness Lodge, which was really sad, as it's one of my favorite places to be. :sad1: Here are some final pictures of it.

IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5759.jpg

Now there's just one update left. This has been one of my absolute favorite dining reports to write, and I can't believe it'll be over soon. :sad2:

Pinapple and chocolate seems like such an interesting combination. I must say, it's not something I would have considered trying if it weren't for the Dis!

Your pictures of WL are excellent! It seems as though you have stayed in many of the deluxe resorts. Do you mind if I ask which one was your favorite?

DDW - did they make the pineapple with dark chocolate? Yours appears to be milk but I am wondering if there was a choice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter