Prawn Heads & Cupcakes & Soups, Oh My! 10/5 Complete (now with my Dining Wish List)!

So sad you've finished your review without another trip planned! Thank you for another great review!

Thank you! And nothing is planned yet, but I'm hoping the next trip won't be too far away. :)

It's exciting that your trip is so soon - it means we have more reviews to look forward to! :goodvibes

I can't wait. You have set the bar high for reviews!

Jill in CO

Amazing review, DDW!! I really love the flower pics in the Poly lobby. You are an inspiration! I'm so sad it is over.

So sad you've finished your review without another trip planned! Thank you for another great review!
I'm so happy you enjoyed the report! And it's okay - it makes me feel better that there will be so much WDW food content here, from the ongoing dining reports to the live update thread. :goodvibes

I can't wait. You have set the bar high for reviews!

Jill in CO
Thanks so much! In general, the reviews here are all at such a high level right now - I'm so happy that you still enjoy my reviews, and I can't wait for yours. :thumbsup2

Amazing review, DDW!! I really love the flower pics in the Poly lobby. You are an inspiration! I'm so sad it is over.
Thank you! And if I'm an inspiration, I don't know what title would be appropriate for you - your pictures all leap off the screen! :worship:

Alas, I knew this day would be coming soon, but I am sad to see it come. You don't happen to be planning another vacation soon, do you.

Regarding your final review, thank you so much for the Captian Cook's review! As we'll be staying at the poly, this is something I will be exploring.

Alas, I knew this day would be coming soon, but I am sad to see it come. You don't happen to be planning another vacation soon, do you.

Regarding your final review, thank you so much for the Captian Cook's review! As we'll be staying at the poly, this is something I will be exploring.
Nope, nothing is planned for now (which means I'll be vicariously getting my Disney fix from the reviews here :thumbsup2).

And Captain Cook's is a very nice option. From Tonga Toast (if you don't find it too sweet :laughing:) to dole whips to cupcakes, CC offers several classic WDW foods. :) In addition, I've really enjoyed a lot of dishes there, such as:

-the chicken sandwich served on pineapple coconut bread, with bacon, teriyaki sauce, and tropical salsa (I left off the cheddar cheese)
-the grilled cheese sandwich served on multigrain sunflower bread, with cheddar, swiss, and boursin cheese, frisée, and tomato

I've never been to Captain Cooks so I enjoyed the photos. Glad that your mom was able to have an old favorite as a tasty send off. :)

Now for the melancholy part....those are some pretty sad words "completed" :sad: It has been an absolute pleasure to read your dining reviews! And even better, I was honored to actually participate in sharing a meal so we could co-author a dining review. ::yes::

Whenever your "next time" to WDW may be - you will have a throng of followers awaiting your review.

I'm sad to see your reviews end, they were so enjoyable to read! I might try to include a stop at captain cooks for some pork nachos. Thanks for posting that menu or I never would have known they were there.

Oh DDW - :sad: I'm so sad to see your review come to an end but we've all enjoyed your reviews so much. I can't wait for you to show up on Jabead's thread to let us know when you'll be taking your next trip.

I also wanted to let you know that my supervisor just got back from her first WDW trip. I realized one week out that she hadn't made any ADRs yet so I scheduled a conference call with her, we figured out her schedule and I made all of the ADRs for her. Because of your wonderful reviews of Jiko, I sent her there on her first night even though I'd never even tried it before! She called me yesterday to thank me and said that Jiko was her favorite meal of the trip! :cheer2: Her husband fell in love with the vanilla rooibos tea so now I'm going to figure out where I can get that as a Christmas gift for her. I can't wait to eat there as well during my next trip...which is a whole year away.

Thanks again for the amazing, fun and thoughtful reviews!

Such a great review & always SOO helpful!!! I'm thinking pineapple is a must! That looks delish! Beautiful pic of WL on the water.

I've never been to Captain Cooks so I enjoyed the photos. Glad that your mom was able to have an old favorite as a tasty send off. :)

Now for the melancholy part....those are some pretty sad words "completed" :sad: It has been an absolute pleasure to read your dining reviews! And even better, I was honored to actually participate in sharing a meal so we could co-author a dining review. ::yes::

Whenever your "next time" to WDW may be - you will have a throng of followers awaiting your review.
It was so wonderful to meet and have a meal together! It was definitely one of the highlights of this trip, and I'd be happy to do it again. :goodvibes

We'll see about next time. :laughing: Whenever it is, I'm thinking about not doing a full-length dining review, and instead I could be a contributor to the live update thread. :upsidedow It'll all depend on time constraints.

I'm sad to see your reviews end, they were so enjoyable to read! I might try to include a stop at captain cooks for some pork nachos. Thanks for posting that menu or I never would have known they were there.
I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews! Captain Cook's has some interesting choices on the menu - those nachos sound like they could be very tasty. :thumbsup2

Oh DDW - :sad: I'm so sad to see your review come to an end but we've all enjoyed your reviews so much. I can't wait for you to show up on Jabead's thread to let us know when you'll be taking your next trip.

I also wanted to let you know that my supervisor just got back from her first WDW trip. I realized one week out that she hadn't made any ADRs yet so I scheduled a conference call with her, we figured out her schedule and I made all of the ADRs for her. Because of your wonderful reviews of Jiko, I sent her there on her first night even though I'd never even tried it before! She called me yesterday to thank me and said that Jiko was her favorite meal of the trip! :cheer2: Her husband fell in love with the vanilla rooibos tea so now I'm going to figure out where I can get that as a Christmas gift for her. I can't wait to eat there as well during my next trip...which is a whole year away.

Thanks again for the amazing, fun and thoughtful reviews!
I'm so happy you enjoyed the reviews, and yay that things worked out for your supervisor! I was wondering what she'd think of Jiko, so it's a relief to hear that she enjoyed it. :goodvibes Regarding rooibos, fortunately it's become easier to find in the US over the past few years - that sounds like an awesome Christmas gift. :thumbsup2

Such a great review & always SOO helpful!!! I'm thinking pineapple is a must! That looks delish! Beautiful pic of WL on the water.
Thanks so much! If you try the chocolate-covered pineapple, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Thank you DDW!!! Your reviews have been awesome, and have inspired some of the foods/restaurants I plan on trying during our next trip!! Can't wait for you next dining report :goodvibes

You are so awesome :worship: ! Thank you for sharing your experiences! I am sooooo sad you are finished. I can only wait until your next trip :).

You are so awesome :worship: ! Thank you for sharing your experiences! I am sooooo sad you are finished. I can only wait until your next trip :).
Aw thanks so much! I really appreciate your comments, and hopefully next time will be relatively soon. :goodvibes

Since I'm very sad that this report is over, I thought it would be fun to create a post looking back at this trip's food highlights. We truly enjoyed the food overall, so these are simply my "best of the best". :cloud9:

Boma

Hard boiled egg, goat cheese & chive scrambled eggs, grilled asparagus, tomatoes, chakalaka, and turkey bobotie

IMG_4684.jpg

Roast beef with chakalaka, sambal, and Boma mustard

IMG_4703.jpg

French toast bread pudding with bananas foster sauce

IMG_4706.jpg

Jiko

Artisanal cheese selection with peach-ginger jam, fig and almond cake, cherry gelée, and dates

IMG_4779.jpg

Chermoula-roasted head on Nigerian prawns with english pea nage, saffron rice, and orange and olive salad

IMG_4782.jpg

Chocolate and Tea Safari: Tanzanian chocolate cake topped with vanilla rooibos mousse, served with an earl grey sauce, mint-green tea ice cream, and free form "kit kat"

IMG_4813.jpg

Organic rooibos

IMG_4815.jpg

Madagascar Vanilla cheesecake with strawberry-rhubarb compote and a chocolate graham crust

IMG_5134.jpg

Sweet Spells

Carrot cake cookie

IMG_5192.jpg

Artist Point

Alaskan king crab and Brentwood sweet corn fritter with yellow watermelon salsa, avocado, and Fresno chile aïoli

IMG_5401.jpg

Oak smoked venison carpaccio with Washington State cherries, drunken goat cheese, fennel, and shaved black truffle

IMG_5409.jpg

Pan-roasted Pacific halibut with summer corn and chèvre porridge, caramelized rapini, black Mission fig relish, and cabernet vinaigrette

IMG_5410.jpg

Artist Point cobbler with seasonal berries and house-made black raspberry ice cream

IMG_5428.jpg

Babycakes

French toastie cupcake

IMG_5481.jpg

Roaring Fork

Chocolate caramel cupcake

IMG_5532.jpg

Cosmic Ray's

Sharing an order of chili cheese fries with Brenda

IMG_5605.jpg

Main Street Confectionery

Chocolate-covered pineapple

IMG_5663.jpg

The Wave

Raspberry macaron (served on top of the white chocolate crème brûlée)

IMG_5708_3.jpg

Love your highlights! Although I see cupcakes and prawns but no soups? Oh well - who needs soup when you have a chocolate caramel cupcake!

You look like you had such a great trip. Sometimes I forget you probably did other things at WDW besides eat :lmao:.

Wonderful highlights! After seeing the pictures again, I need to find a free morning to do breakfast at Boma!!
PS does anyone else agree that we need some more food related emojis?! :rotfl:

Love the highlights DDW! As God is my witness, I will not cancel Boma again! I want some of that bananas foster french toast. :rotfl2:

But the highlight of course was those prawns!! :upsidedow

Next you can create a list of places that are on your must dine list for future visits or an all time dining highlights list or ??..... I'm trying to think of ways to keep this alive. I DON'T want it to end. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter