• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PPC 2.0 Castaway Cay 5k - GKTW Fundraiser Idea

Indeed. I'm shooting for 22 minutes to finish then going back and encouraging others (Aaron) to finish! :thumbsup2

You could run it twice in the time it would take me.....can you carry me back on the second trip? (wait, I'm not going :( )

As long as walking is allowed- I definitely want to do this- maybe even DH... sign us up!:thumbsup2

I still can't believe you're not going with us. How did that happen?

Family, they don't like you ;) j/k, just one of those things, its too close to christmas break and no way I can take that week off.

How many people usually do the 5K?

Will the have enough "prize water bottles" for all of us?

Do they know how many of us plan on doing the 5K?

Does the cruise ship staff have a clue about us at all?

You're bringing your bike on the cruise? I don't think the rental shop will be open that early on Castaway. You might be able to bike it later.

Todd....... are you taunting??? :eek:

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

How many people usually do the 5K?
:confused3
Will the have enough "prize water bottles" for all of us?
Hope so.
Do they know how many of us plan on doing the 5K?
I'm sure we could ask Tracy to pass along the info closer to sailing. Doesn't mean that DCL will listen.
Does the cruise ship staff have a clue about us at all?
::yes::

Good morning, folks.
The sun it out and alll seems good with the world this morning.
And I slept right through my morning walk time!

Make sure I do not do that on Castaway Cay, please!

its too close to christmas break and no way I can take that week off.

Don, that's no excuse ;) - I work at at State University & December is one of our busy months (for some reason college professors & staff forget when Christmas is every year and do panic printing :confused3) - I am making them fend without me (it's good for them - they appreciate you more) for the entire month (3 weeks) prior to our holiday break. - granted I will surely get a few phone calls and/or emails (actually text messages that lead to a phone call or email) during the time I am gone.

Don, that's no excuse ;) - I work at at State University & December is one of our busy months (for some reason college professors & staff forget when Christmas is every year and do panic printing :confused3) - I am making them fend without me (it's good for them - they appreciate you more) for the entire month (3 weeks) prior to our holiday break. - granted I will surely get a few phone calls and/or emails (actually text messages that lead to a phone call or email) during the time I am gone.

The problem is, I turn around and take a 2 week vacation over xmas break. I'll be at DATW!!

We haven't gone further with this plan as a fundraiser for GKTW yet as we are waiting to hear what Pete has planned as he has mentioned that they plan on doing something big for GKTW. Once we hear their plans then we will determine if/what we do but with that said, the 5k is open to anyone on the ship, there is no pre-registration, you show up and you run/walk. Fundraiser or not, it's gonna be great to see so many DIS'r out there.

We will update this thread when we know more on the GKTW aspect.

some of us know who REALLY runs the show.:goodvibes

We haven't gone further with this plan as a fundraiser for GKTW yet as we are waiting to hear what Pete has planned as he has mentioned that they plan on doing something big for GKTW. Once we hear their plans then we will determine if/what we do but with that said, the 5k is open to anyone on the ship, there is no pre-registration, you show up and you run/walk. Fundraiser or not, it's gonna be great to see so many DIS'r out there.

We will update this thread when we know more on the GKTW aspect.

Thank you for the update... will monitor thread to see how thw GKTW portion plays out.

The GKTW fundraiser sounds awesome. I look forward to hearing what Pete and the crews idea for a fundraiser is. I would be up for it and will try to drag my DD out for it. Dave Parfitt's Podcast interview was awesome.

Thanks for the great idea.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We still doing this? I think I can walk the 5k, now. Might bring Wheels along and make it a Mom and kids [can I call college age kids?] thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter