***Post Your MNSSHP Costume Ideas***

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with you there! he had a radio, so i assumed he was right..... you never know... yes, the other party was the same i didnt even have my wristband on and i was being yelled at. like i was getting it on, some girl was standing next to me and i was being yelled at for "posing with her" um no, i was putting on my glove from my finger scan and getting a band put on, that is one sexy cinderella pose right there. lol!!!!!

Oh geez, that's what happened the night we entered with y'all. I went into the gate and wanted to turn left towards everyone and I was being screamed at from the right "GET YOUR WRISTBAND HERE!!! COME OVER HERE AND GET YOUR WRISTBAND!!!" WTH was wrong with those people. It was a very "unDisney" night as far as CMs went, that's for sure.

Hey RunDanceSkate! You guys were in line for the princesses when we were. I commented to DH that I wondered if you'd made that awesome dress! We were Rapunzel (DD, with the real hair), Mother Gothel (me), a little ruffian/thug (DS), and Flynn (DH). Special note--this is the first full costume DH has worn since he was a kid!!! So proud of him!!
A9F1061F-4DFB-4F46-8E3B-9250B1557002-728-00000085F8C85841_zps958bd967.jpg

My friend/co-worker and I are headed to MNSSHP next Thursday. It will be her first visit to WDW and she agreed to dress up with me! I will be Buzz Lightyear and she will be Woody. I was originally going to be Russell from Up but when I heard she chose to go as Woody, I just had to change to Buzz!

We are making our costumes. Here is my progress so far. I made the jet pack out of cardboard and scrapbook paper and I made the chest plate out of foam and felt. I hope it all comes together like I imagine!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Don't have pictures just yet, but my fiancee and I will be there on Halloween night going as two of our favorite Disney characters. I'll be Russell from UP, and she's working on a Mama Odi costume (Princess and the Frog).

For the Russell costume, I used a tutorial from a site called Chariots of Ire and made the merit badges using pixar's design art, some sticker paper, furniture felt pads, and white spraypaint. In total I made 95 of Russell's badges, and didn't know some of them are actually pixar shoutouts (One is a green badge with a big eye in the middle for Mike Wazowski, for example). I also have a small backpack with the flag sticking out of it with the Wilderness Explorer's logo, and a yellow hat and polo also adorned with the logo, and some tan shorts to finish it off.

So far for DF's costume we have a white toga, need to get a white poncho to go over it (not a rain poncho, but the Mexican-style) and we've bought some fake gold jewlery and sunglasses. We still need the white turban to finish this one off, if anyone has suggestions.

Oh geez, that's what happened the night we entered with y'all. I went into the gate and wanted to turn left towards everyone and I was being screamed at from the right "GET YOUR WRISTBAND HERE!!! COME OVER HERE AND GET YOUR WRISTBAND!!!" WTH was wrong with those people. It was a very "unDisney" night as far as CMs went, that's for sure.

I guess I'm glad that I'm not dressing up as a Disney character now! My mom and I decided on Universal characters instead (she as the Fairy Godmother and I as Puss in Boots). I hope that nobody else will have any issues with their Disney-themed costumes! :scared:

Friday night no one cared and it was a total free for all with photos... We even had a lot of CMs stoP us. But Sunday was a different beast and we were repeatedly fussed at by CMs and told we couldn't even stop and let anyone take a photo *of* us... We felt so rude all night.

I saw your costume as well on Friday, so amazing. I confess I did take a quick picture of you while you were waiting for the princess and frog characters, still blown away by it!! Too bad the CM's did that to you on Sunday, it's no fun to tell people no, we experienced this when dressed up at Star Wars weekend as well.

Finally08 said:

I get that it was a tad hectic but really! There were wrist bands by us too! I was just more irritated with being yelled at when we weren't even doing anything wrong

I saw your costume as well on Friday, so amazing. I confess I did take a quick picture of you while you were waiting for the princess and frog characters, still blown away by it!! Too bad the CM's did that to you on Sunday, it's no fun to tell people no, we experienced this when dressed up at Star Wars weekend as well.

Kim, would you mind sharing it? I'd love to have it! As the holder of the camera, I'm not in many photos and my dress is toast now so I'd love to have any photos of it I can find. :goodvibes

kgleine, has anyone ever told you that you look like the singer Pink? I think you do! :)

I'm going to be a Fairy Godmother (I'm too old to be a princess! LOL) I made my own tutu, which was amazingly easy...it comes to my knees, I didn't want something real short,

null-48.jpg

and I'm going to wear a pink shirt and wings with it.

But my favorite is my "fairy shoes" (I'm a shoe ho)...I'll probably never wear them again, but they are so pretty!!

null-47.jpg

I'm already planning on next year's costume (I want to lose some weight first) I want to dress like the evil queen in Snow White and the Huntsman. I love MNSSHP!!

We're going to the party on Halloween, the night before our wedding. (what was I thinking?!??!!) We're dressing as the cast of Up. My fiance and I are Carl and Ellie. My stepdaughter will be Kevin and my stepson, Alpha. My two sons will be Russell and Dug.

I've been busy putting these costumes together all week, in addition to doing wedding stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter