• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Post Photos of Hotels Here...DLH, HoJo, BWPPI, DI&S, CCI...etc.

I am coming back to DL finally!!!!!:cool1:
Okay my searching is yielding no results. What is going to be in place of the waterfall area at DLH?

Thanks in advance! KIM

Looks like the pool expansion/new monorail slide area will take some of it, and then a grassy area to use for weddings, as disneychrista said:

DHC_051710_SMALL.jpg

Here's an article about the uprising that occurred when the plans to remove the falls were revealed:

http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2010/07/30/fans-rally-to-save-disneyland-hotel-waterfalls/51491/

I know that I will miss those falls! :-(

What is the completion date for the new pool/slides/restaurants at DLH?

046-7.jpg

Little teaser photo until I get home and get everything together. This is part of the headboard from a newly renovated room at the DLH.

2011-02-21133318.jpg

And this is it all lit up and playing Disney music.

What is the completion date for the new pool/slides/restaurants at DLH?

I'm interested too...we will be there in August.

The Monorail pools is planned to be ready for this summer. The neverland pool will be rehabbed after this summer for next summer.

The restaurant the is near the pools later this Spring.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/disneyland-hotel-makeover/

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl.../?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY11Q2DLR_SocMedFacebook0002

We stayed at Paradise Pier Hotel on March 7-10. We were in a Theme-Park view room on the 9th Floor. The Bellhop told us we had one of newly refurbished rooms.....so thought I'd share some pictures:

003-8.jpg

006-9.jpg

017-9.jpg

The new bedding, close up:

021-7.jpg

The night stand:

008-11.jpg

The bureau:

010-10.jpg

The desk:

013-10.jpg

This table rolled out from under the desk!

158-6.jpg

The couch (pull-out bed):

012-10.jpg

Lighting:

009-10.jpg

011-10.jpg

014-8.jpg

The carpet:

027-7.jpg

The view during the day:

154-5.jpg

157-6.jpg

The view during the World of Color show......they simulcast the music on the tv.....so you get to experience the show from your room. The only thing you can't see is the water screen projections.

235-3.jpg

244-3.jpg

253-2.jpg

The view at night:

255-1.jpg

We arrived at 9am to do a pre-check in & our room was already ready for us. The rooms are bright & cheery with a surf/beach theme to them. I love the light colored woods!!

The beds are dreamy......so comfortable!!! Extra pillows & blankets are stored in the closet.

There's a good sized closet, a small nook with a counter & the coffee maker. The bureau has the ironing board, fridge, microwave & some drawers to store items.

The bathroom was decent sized, with Disney toiletries refreshed daily.

We came back every evening to find chocolates on our bed.

The staff was very friendly here & we would stay here every trip if financially we could afford to do so!!

I also stayed 4 nights at the Carousel Inn & Suites on March 3 to 7. The motel is conveniently located on Harbor, pretty close to the Pedestrian Crossing. The rooms are the standard, 2 queen rooms. Not a lot of extra room & when you get all your stuff in there, they seem a little tight.

The beds very very comfy with extra pillows & bedding available in the closet. The tv was in the bureau, as well as a fridge (I believe there was a microwave there as well).

There were sliding doors between the main/bedroom & the bathroom area.....so that was a nice touch if you had someone get up early & didn't want to disturb the others.

118-7.jpg

124-7.jpg

The bureau:

120-7.jpg

The small table:

121-8.jpg

The bathroom area:

122-7.jpg

123-7.jpg

I enjoyed my stay here, but the elevator is extremely slow, so I found myself climbing 4 stories most of my stay. Not a bad thing.....but sometimes a bit hard after a long day at the parks.

Thanks for sharing your pics, especially of the Paradise Pier, since I'm pretty sure we will be spending at least 2 nights there on our trip this summer! The refurbed rooms looks great! We stayed there last summer with the old bedding, etc. it's always nice to have new crisp looking rooms! ;)

Does anyone have pics of any of these hotels??

Courtyard by Marriott Aneheim
Crown Plaza Aneheim
Hampton Inn & Suites Garden Grove
Hilton Garden Inn
Holiday Inn Aneheim Resort
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites

I know I can check Trip Advisor, bur wanted any DISers opinions. Thanks!

I also stayed 4 nights at the Carousel Inn & Suites on March 3 to 7. The motel is conveniently located on Harbor, pretty close to the Pedestrian Crossing. The rooms are the standard, 2 queen rooms. Not a lot of extra room & when you get all your stuff in there, they seem a little tight.

Heh. You should try the 1 queen rooms. They don't have many of them, but those are the ones they release to consolidators. I got one through BookIt.com, and there was no way the me and my DW would fit in there. Admittedly, we had a lot of stuff because we were going to a wedding in San Diego afterwards, but still... Thankfully, the manager on duty allowed me to upgrade to the 2 queen room for another $10/night, and it was much, much better. My main complaint about the hotel was that it felt very old.

-Bob

Heh. You should try the 1 queen rooms. They don't have many of them, but those are the ones they release to consolidators. I got one through BookIt.com, and there was no way the me and my DW would fit in there. Admittedly, we had a lot of stuff because we were going to a wedding in San Diego afterwards, but still... Thankfully, the manager on duty allowed me to upgrade to the 2 queen room for another $10/night, and it was much, much better. My main complaint about the hotel was that it felt very old.

-Bob

Yay for upgrading you......I can only imagine.....the furniture they have in these rooms are big & take up a lot of room.

The "oldness" didn't bother me since the room was clean & smell-free. I also appreciated the white linens to help brighten the room with all the dark wood in there. I never made it to the pool area, so have no clue what it even looked like. Our Dis-Diva's Girl Trip used the breakfast room for our Meet-n-Greet party & it was a very nice room.....big & loved all the windows & of course of the view of Disneyland!!

I found management & the staff to be very friendly too.

We stayed at Paradise Pier Hotel on March 7-10. We were in a Theme-Park view room on the 9th Floor. The Bellhop told us we had one of newly refurbished rooms.....

There's a good sized closet, a small nook with a counter & the coffee maker. The bureau has the ironing board, fridge, microwave & some drawers to store items.

Thank you for sharing the pictures! I was never very interested in trying the PPH until I saw these!

I did not know that the rooms had microwaves. Do all of the rooms at PPH have them? Or just the refurbed rooms?
Does anyone know what % of the hotel is refurbed? I am looking at going in January 2012 for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon and wonder if all will be refurbed by then.

Thanks!

We stayed at HoJo in the Kid's Suite on our recent trip to DL over Spring Break. Using our AP discount and booking 8 months ahead of time we got what I thought was a good deal on this. It was the first time that we have had two rooms for our family and my girls do not like sharing a bed so the bunk beds worked well.

Our room with King bed
untitled%20%28105%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

Two bathrooms
untitled%20%28108%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

Microwave, Refrigerator, and Coffee Maker
untitled%20%28107%20of%20119%29-M.jpg

Kids Room
untitled%20%28109%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%28110%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%28111%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%28113%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

We stayed at HoJo in the Kid's Suite on our recent trip to DL over Spring Break. Using our AP discount and booking 8 months ahead of time we got what I thought was a good deal on this. It was the first time that we have had two rooms for our family and my girls do not like sharing a bed so the bunk beds worked well.

Our room with King bed
untitled%20%28105%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

Two bathrooms
untitled%20%28108%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

Microwave, Refrigerator, and Coffee Maker
untitled%20%28107%20of%20119%29-M.jpg

Kids Room
untitled%20%28109%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%28110%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%28111%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%28113%20of%20119%29-L.jpg

Can you please tell me if the bunk beds are a regular twin size or are they smaller. When we stayed at the GCH the bunks were very short

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter