• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Post here regarding WDW cutbacks, changes & Complaints

What are your plans because of cutbacks?

• DEFINITELY canceling....I am very mad at Disney

• Am mad but Still going..This isn't going to change our plans!!!

• Am very mad but haven't made a decision yet

• Am not mad at all.....I LOVE DISNEY!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I spent our honeymoon at the BC and then on a cruise and were a tad but disappointed at the BC portion of our stay. We were told to tell everyone it was our honeymoon and we would get all this great stuff. We didn't get anything! (I'm not out for freebies, but sheesh!)
Sorry to hear about the BC(and not trying to start an argument) but could it have been the way you asked?
We just checked out today from the CR and were treated wonderfully.We arrived to a tower room decorated with balloons,various beanies, chocolates,disposable camera and a Happy Anniversary pic from Mickey and Minnie:).Never expected any of this.But getting spoiled as the Polynesian did something similar last year on our 15th.The only person we mentioned anything about our anniversary to, was the valet/bellhop when we dropped the car/luggage off before room was ready. The magic is still there.We had a wonderful time at the MNSSHPs.But what about guests treating CMs and other guests rude?

On the 27th party we were in line at the fortune tellers and they had closed the line due to time.It was around 1130PM.The CM intern had her back turned and a woman proceeded to jump the rope.A lady with her baby(in a very polite way)told the line jumper that she believed the line was closed.The now irritated woman blurts out(sarcastically) "Do you work here?I don't think so."The CM intern proceeds to tell the woman "Sorry the line is closed.(in a very polite manner)The woman is now steaming and wants a manager.She proceeds to tell the manager that she was treated rudely and was yelled at by the CM and demands service and an apology.Hope the poor intern didn't get reprimanded.The guest needed the attitude adjustment.

While in line to board the monorail a family noticed our MNSSHP shirts.They were asking questions and they were going on the 1st.Another person in line blurted out and I quote "Why in the heck would you go on the 1st.It's not Halloween.Not very bright.It won't be the same feeling" Made these people feel really well.:mad: "Maybe because this was a last minute trip and the 31st was sold out?"Quite sure it still felt like a Halloween party inside the gates to them and most others that went Friday.

And to the guests above us who were kind enough to deposit their numerous cigarette butts on our balcony 3 days in a row.(and empty their beers/icebucket).Hope you got your kicks:rolleyes:
Sure didn't notice any major declines in service.The new characters were out in full force and characters were everywhere to be seen.:)But only saw a few lime green ribbons:(

StevieD,

I have your other posts and I'm sorry things were not perfect and that you thought the CMs declined. I hope that your wife is feeling better. I know what it's like to be sick at WDW and it's no fun and then added if you are getting poor service.

Madcoco,

Your post and experiences seem to be more in line with mine.

As I have said before Disney is a victim of it's own success. They have taught us to expect the moon and we get ticked off if they don't achieve it. (StevieD, this is not in reference to you. If I was told I would get a call back, I BETTER get a call back.)

I also have to agree with Madcoco and Eeyore2U... we just returned from a great trip to WDW last Saturday. We had no problems with CM's, but did notice that the guests were extrememly disrespectful both to each other, and to the CM's.

Personally, I think a good rule of thumb is if you can't treat others the way you would like, or expect to be treated, it is time for a self imposed time out!

Well if the guests can't be civil, I would not have as much fun. There are still plenty of places where the staff treats us well AND the guest have fun. I still have a hard time accepting the argument that the guests are the entire problem.

Maybe not the entire problem, but they certainly do contribute quite a bit!

I have to agree that the crowds at the park are getting ruder. When i started in the mid 80s there were a few bores but everone seemed mellow trying to escape the real world. Last yr I never saw so many people with the me first attitude. Shoving, jumping in lines. Think cell phones & radios should be banned. Heard them goin off on the rides, people gabbing like crazy in line. Even heard someone talking on one in the haunted mansion. I think alot of folks going nowdays see WDW as another amusement park not a seperate world like most people once did. Too bad.

Just back from YC. We had a really great time, definately going back!
We definately noticed rude people in the crowd, but they were by far the very small minority. We ignored them.
My question...what the heck is "Butterine?" Even the name makes me NOT want to put it on any food product! We got this stuff with Room Service. UGH!!! It also popped up at a few restaurants. The "better" restaurants still had butter...V&A, Yachtsman, Artist Point, etc...
Did get some really bad "Nescafe syrup" coffee that was undrinkable.
However, you could get good coffee on the Concierge floor, at BOMA, V&A, Yachtsman, MGM coffee shop (used to be Ellen's book store,) Morocco at Epcot. Hard to find good coffee at WDW!

For all of those that think WDW is going downhill look around the world. It has been through alot in the past year or two. WDW is a fantasy land not to be compared to "theme parks" that are jungle of steel tracks and trash all over from the eateries (Six Flags parks). Take it for what it is and try to find another place close to it. If you still cant enjoy WDW wth this thought in mind "we" dont want you there anyway!

This thread is really getting boring. Can we get on with things and let this go. Besides many of the cutbacks have been reinistated.:o

Bill,
Why do you find this thread boring:confused: :confused:
I find this one of the more interesting threads.
No one is forcing you to read it...........
Tink45

It's boring because its old news, plus many of the cutbacks have been reinstated.Your right however I don't have to read it Also I always wanted to know what kind of Berry is a Logansport Berry?

EE is back, right???? I think it's a huge factor in deciding on or off site......

Mufasa... yes, EE is back, but it goes by a different name know... it is Magical Mornings, and all of the parks now participate and open an hour earilier for onsite guests.

Here is the schedule:
Sunday: MK
Monday: AK
Tuesday: MGM
Wednesday: Epcot
Thursday: MK
Friday: AK
Saturday: MGM.

Hope this helps you decide to stay onsite... that extra hour definitely helps!!!

I guess i have been pretty lucky I haven't really be party to pain in the but people or cms who didn't have the majic. I have encountered some foreign visitors who like to try and but up in lines but that is few and far between. I like to go with the flow. I don't let anything distrub my visit, I am there to enjoy the time I have at the parks.

Dan-tot

We have visited twice in the past year as my parents bought DVC. The cm's were great. The majority were extra nice and the others were "fine." I am a real talker and tend to talk to people everywhere (it will embarass my kids enormously when they are teens!) and overall I found the cm's so friendly and eager to help. It occurs to me that as the visitors change, however, it may be getting harder and harder to be a "smiling cm." Lots of posts here have mentioned how rude people are becoming, and this may be a real burden for the employees that deal with these nuts every day. Not excusing, just trying to understand... I know I would be cranky nowadays if I had a job dealing intensely with the public.

My Dad, who is never politically correct, says Disney keeps their ticket prices high to keep troublemakers out. He doesn't see someone hell-bent on trouble paying $50 a day to visit Mickey. I think, however that Mickey gets visitors from all over the world. People have different ideas of how to behave in general, and when you put them in great crowds and crank the temperature up into the 90's, things are bound to get interesting. Overall, I still think the staff and visitors do amazingly well considering. But I do remember visiting when I was a kid. It was so safe and so clean. The bathrooms sparkled. Maybe I am remembering through those rose-colored glasses of an eight year old, but it was all shiny and new and very magical!

Just my 2 cents!

I have responded to this thread before in a positive mode as I did not think WDW had cut back significantly and the fact that DIS readers tend to get caught up in the "magic" and forget that WDW is a business that is designed to make lots of money.Like a lot of travel related business 9/11 caused a loss.Well, not being at WDW in over a year I was speaking on instinct and what I read. We returned for a week from 12/29 to 01/4, spent 3 nights at CBR and 3 nights at AKL, so now I can speak with authority.
I was RIGHT, there are minimal prblems. If I was a first timer I would think nothing was amiss. We had consistently friendly and helpful CMs. We had good accomaditions, good food, we had NO negative experiences. It was very crowded, but thats to be expected that time of year.Again I think this thread has outlived its usefulness.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ok - I'm feeling like a bit of a twit...We're from Canada and late last year I thought I was being quite clever and I called WDW directly to ask what was the lowest attendance week in the early new year because we had total flexibiity to go whenever and I wanted to avoid all the various spring break time frames.

On their advice I booked Feb 19-26. A few days ago I found out we were booked during President's Week. The crowds will be quite substantial and of course hotel prices are at their peak.

I had never heard of President's week before.

I e-mailed WDW to register my displeasure and have not received any response at all.

I love Disney and it won't turn me off totally. We never stay on-site 'cause it costs too much to get there from here and our dollar continues to struggle so it's a little hard to justify. I guess Disney won't lose a lot by ticking me off like this. But, it sure has left a bad taste in the mouth of this Canuck who has forced many people to accompany me many times to WDW.

I wish they'd just say they were sorry.

I just checked the hours for my trip 1/26-2/01 one night mk closes at 6pm and every other night at 7 , I am finaly getting my 21 yr old son to come and there isn't much to do at night and even though we're going at a time that isn't that crowded it probably will be because the hours are so short.I don't get how disney can say they are in finacial trouble every time I go in June and january it's so crowded it's almost not fun anymore. It seems every year to get more costly and more crowded and shorter hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter