• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post here regarding WDW cutbacks, changes & Complaints

What are your plans because of cutbacks?

• DEFINITELY canceling....I am very mad at Disney

• Am mad but Still going..This isn't going to change our plans!!!

• Am very mad but haven't made a decision yet

• Am not mad at all.....I LOVE DISNEY!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
In order to keep our Theme Park Attractions & Strategies Board free for on topic and ride and/or attraction related posts, we have created this thread where you may post your concerns regarding the current cutbacks and changes at WDW.

Please feel free to post here and all separate threads currently on TPA&S will now be merged onto an archived post. Thank you all for your cooperation in this regard! :)

If you are planning on staying off property because the EE is now gone... I say more power to you. That means that when I stay on property it is one less person that I have to deal with. And if there are very many of you that do this, they will probably offer even better discounts that I can take advantage of :D

I'm very disappointed with this news. Of course, I will continue to stay on the property but this was a major 'perk' for me.
RRabbit

HI! Is EE really gone? When did this happen? If this going to be the case forever? If not, when will it be reinstated....

Thanks
Melissa

Not only is EE gone, but the following other changes have occurred:

Animal Kingdom is now opening at 9:00 instead of 8:00

MGM is now closing at 6:30 instead of 7 or 7:30

Future World is now closing at 7:00, though TT and MG, SE, Inno and Coral Reef are open til 9

Garden Grill isn't doing breakfast anymore

All these have been confirmed through www.wdwig.com/hnews.htm

I'm not a happy camper, as I now have a bunch of ressies to change!:(

I am not overly disappointed with the suspension of EE because my kids don't like getting up early. However it is a heavily advertised benefit of staying on-property. Disney is breaking faith with the many people who made plans long in advance. It is not enough to ruin a trip, but it is discouraging. And as far as a character greeting goes, my youngest child is almost 15, it doesn't make up for losing time in the parks.

I am more concerned with "regular" park hours being cut back. I not only want to do a lot of attractions/shows during our visits, I want to just "be" in the parks, enjoying the sights and sounds that are so magical and make WDW the happiest place on earth.

I hope Disney has not begun a vicious circle of cutting hours/benefits because of less visitors, then having less visitors because of less hours/benefits.

My daughters and I are so excited about our upcoming trip ( we arrive Oct 27th!), a girls getaway. Nothing is going to get in the way of us having a wonderful time. Lets hope that things improve and Disney can bring back some of those perks that add to the magic!

We are going to Disney in December. I have cancelled my on-site reservation and opted to rent a house. MUCH cheaper and there are no more perks for staying onsite anyway.

URSELFISH said in a previous reply that we should all be happy we get to go and feel sorry for all of those who are serving their country in Afghanistan (paraphrased). I think I can reply to this as an informed person. During Desert Storm most of my family was gone. My mother is a Brigadeer General, my stepfather a Major, my brother a 1st Lieutenant, his wife a 1st Lieutenant. Did I stop living or feel guilty because they were overseas? Absolutely not and they wouldn't have wanted me to. Did they feel it was unfair that they were in Saudi Arabia? No. They knew what they were up against when they signed up for the military. Yes I do appreciate all that the service men and women do for our country. With my family being in service I am reminded daily what sacrificed they have made.

Now with the events of 9-11 my mother is probably getting called out of retirement and my youngest brother just found out he is being sent to Guam. Even with that I am still going on my trip.

I am a single mother and have worked 80 hours a week for the past year to save to give my kids the trip of a lifetime. I am upset about the loss of EE and feel I am justified in my feelings. Yes Disney says everything is subject to change and that is their right. Just because they can legally do it doesn't make it good business.

Where should people forward any complaints they have about WDW? Is there a specific person that you should email?

What type of complaint? I have a list of all the Prominent Disney personnel at WDW. Let me know.

I was wondering if anyone has received a response from Disney?? I emailed a few days ago, just letting them know that I was Very disappointed about the end of EE, and had a few questions. I did ask for a response, and I'm still waiting:(
Have your heard from Disney? I tried calling, twice, each time, the CM didn't know anything about any changes.:(

Not to add to the unhappiness of this thread, but I just went to the Dis sight and it confirmed all the park hours that Deb's website stated, including these:

Epcot World Showcase is now opening at noon, instead of 11:00.

Besides closing early, Future World is also opening later - 10:00.

The Beauty and the Beast, Pokahontas and Friends and Hunchback shows will be closed two days per week now.

I have to say I'm sorely disappointed. I'm 4 days away from a vacation I have anxiously awaited and now I feel very shortchanged. I'm getting much less service for the same price and I feel it's very unfair.

I understand Disney is hurting by everything that happened. I understand they do the best they can to make their "guests" have a great time while there. I also understand that Disney is a business, not a beloved relative I'm going to visit. I have shelled out hard earned money to stay inside the park and I will shell out even more hard earned money, because we plan to eat in the park each day. I'm only afraid now to see how much they jack up the prices on things within the park to help recoop their losses.

The saddest thing about this, is that the people really going right now are their diehard fans, but I don't feel so diehard right now, I feel cheated. They should be notifying people of these changes. They have a website (one I frequent often!), they should announce their changes, make their apologies and ask people to come anyway. I'd respect that a whole lot more than making the changes quietly and not notifying their CM's, so when you call, you can't get a straight answer. They're just abusing their employees by making them face frustrated and angry customers.

Sure I could reschedule, but I don't want to. I shouldn't have to. I should be able to go to Disney and expect the same great time I've always received and if things get trimmed a bit, at least apologize and offer something else to make up for it, don't act like business is the same as it use to be. Nothing is the same as it use to be.

Okay, I'm done soapboxing. I leave for Dis in 4 days, I'm going to hang onto what little excitement I have left and make the most of it. I wish the same to the rest of you!

One note to kristikae - your mom is a Brigadeer General - how awesome, you must be SO proud! Best wishes to your family, I hope everyone makes it safely home!

I know how you feel. I talked my parents into going with us. I'm really afraid that they are going to be very disappointed. I had our whole itinerary planned out. Now it looks like I'll have to redo the entire thing on a whim during our trip. I really wanted this trip to be great for my parents. I still hope it will be great. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope you do end up having a great trip and please share with us all that happens while in WDW.

Looking forward to your trip report when you return.

It would be for a general complaint about the cutbacks and discontinuation of EE.

Thanks Figaro, I'll be sure to report back.

One "happy" note - I was able to reschedule all my ressies, I didn't lose anything because of being booked, thank goodness for that!

Our trip is November 10. We can't possibly cancel now. We are flying and I don't even want to imagine the nightmare of making other plans, getting money back, etc. Has anyone had any flack from Walt Disney Travel, etc. about cancelling on site reservations? I just saw on another site that the Living Seas ride has been closed. Now, don't get me wrong, that is a short ride and you can see it all doing the "tour" of the pavillion. I just don't understand how much more they can cut and still expect people to put up with it. This may be our last trip for quite a while. My husband's employer is offering early retirement to a group of elegible people, as young as 58, and then going to layoff until they have just enough to keep running. This is a company that does business worldwide and has been in business over 100 years. We don't take fancy expensive trips. We don't stay at expensive resorts. But we do love Disney and go when we can. There has to be a limit to how much more they can cut and I'm more concerned about the regular hours than early entry or e-nights. Has anyone heard any predictions on how long these cuts will go on???:(

For Snail Mail here goes (sorry don't have e-mails):

Mr. Al Weiss
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mr. Lee Cockerell
Executive Vice President of Walt Disney World Operations
1375 Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Ms. Erin Wallace
Vice President
P.O. Box 10040

Mr. Karl Holz
Vice President
P.O. Box 10040

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000

Mr. Phil Holmes
VP of Magic Kingdom Operations

Mr. Brad Rex
VP of EPCOT Operations

Mr. Tom Wolber
VP of Disney/MGM Operations

Ms. Beth Stevens
VP of Animal Kingdom Operations

All Can be reached at the P.O. Box 10000 address

If you really want to go for the gusto:

Mr. Michael Eisner
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. Paul Pressler
Chairman & President
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
Same address as Eisner

Wow Jasmine - are you hooked up or what??!!

Thanks for the addresses, since it's too soon before I leave, I'll save them in case I need them once I get back.

With all the cutbacks and the discontinued EE. What is the great advantage's of shelling out the extra hard earned money to stay on disney property. The transportation is great but I get that when I purchase any ticket media to any Disney park. I could save a ton of money by staying off sight on Hotel Plaza and walking to Downtown Disney, catch the bus to TTC & go anywhere at WDW. Or catch a bus the hotels on the plaza provide to TTC. When the perks are gone all you have left is an over priced hotel room to sleep. And that is what I am feeling about the cut backs. Now I am hearing of a permanent closer of The Carousel of Progress (my favorite attraction). But as the song goes.

I think my question to Disney would be; What value do I get for paying extra to stay on your property?

Under 3 weeks and unhappily counting.

I just called to confirm my reservations and asked about early entry changes.

The poor CRO tried to sell me on some story that she obviously was reading from a script.

We are not having Early Entry now because we ar trying out a Character Caravan. From extensive Polling we have learned that this is what everyone wants.

I asked her if this has aything to do with a slowing economy - Yes I know this is a loaded question (She's a reservation agent not a CEO) She told me -NO this is what everyone told Michael Eisner they wanted. People told him that the only reason they use Early Entry is to see characters.

It's okay though because she assured me that if people e-mail Eisner he will always do whatever the people are asking for.

So I think we should all ask for free trips to WDW....... LOL

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter