Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Thanks to some advice from "Welcome to the Dis" (gee, I've only been on these boards for 2 years, and I am still clueless :lmao: ), we now have an index on the first post up and running!

Please keep all your GREAT ideas coming!

PiperPizzaz - Cars! :rotfl: All I could think of is motor oil, and I don't think that would be very healthy :scared1: !

Movie - Brother Bear

Menu - Salmon Run Dinner
Canadian Maple Rice Pudding
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Canadian-Maple-Rice-Pudding/Detail.aspx

Activities - Everyone carve your own totem! Everyone gets a bar of soft, easy to carve soap and a metal spoon. You can also use bamboo skewers for detailing. (Back in the day my mom used to make Cabbage patch Kids soaps for my friends' birthdays) Check out this great website to learn what each animal stands for, and tips on how to choose your own personal totem!
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/NA-Totems.html
If you choose to, you can tie string around it like Kenai to wear, plus then you've got - SOAP ON A ROPE! Dual duty! Playtime and soap for the bath!

Salmon Run Dinner Recipe
2 lb salmon
1/2 C terriyaki sauce
1/2-1 C brown sugar

Put salmon in ziploc bag with terriyaki sauce and marinade in fridge for 1-2 hours. Lightly spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Lay salmon skin-side down in pan and sprinkle sugar all over the top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until salmon flakes with a for. Spoon juices at bottom of dish over salmon.

Movie - Swiss Family Robinson

Menu - Swiss Ham Casserole
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ham-and-Swiss-Casserole-2/Detail.aspx
Castaway Coconut Creme Pie
http://www.cooksrecipes.com/pie/easy-coconut-cream-pie-recipe.html

Activities - Island coconut races! (just like Ohanas!) Each player needs a coconut and a broom. Create a race course (could be a large loop, or you may choose to make it more complex with cones to weave around). Players must use only their broom to navigate the course.
Make sandcastles! Get a large plastic box, and buy a bag of playground sand at the local hardware store. Use different sized tupperware containers and cups to make a sand castle that can't be swept away from the tide!

So cute!!!!

I will have to steal these ideas to help our countdown.:goodvibes

Movie - Robin Hood

Menu - Little John's Stew
Friar Tuck's Biscuits (Bisquik mix)
Maid Marian's Strawberry Shortcake (see recipe below)

Activities - Play darts
Make Maiden head wreaths (florist's wire, wire cutters, florist's tape, ribbons, hot glue, silk flowers, butterflies, beads, any other decorative elements you wish. Measure child's head. Cut wire, bend into a circle and cover with florist's tape. Wrap wire hoop with ribbon to cover. At back of hoop, tie multiple lengths of ribbon to hoop, so they will hang down child's back. Hot glue silk flowers, butterflies, etc. around wreath.)
Make a Robin Hood hat (see link for directions)
http://www.howtomakeahat.com/robin-hood-hat/

Maid Marian's Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
1 loaf frozen pound cake, thawed
3 C strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 C heavy cream
3 T powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Using a potato masher, mash half the strawberries. Stir in the remaining sliced strawberries and chill. Beat cream with powdered sugar and vanilla. Slice pound cake and place one slice on each serving plate. Top with strawberry mixture and a dollop of cream.

It's Incredibles Night here at our house! We had a lot of fun with making up our own superhero identities, we chose to draw them. DD6 is a Super whose power is saving animals. DS2 said his Super name is "Pink" (e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is pink lately! We had to sit on the "pink" bench at Disney World, even though it was actually brown. You ask him what kind of car he would like, and of course - pink! You get the picture...) and he can fly. I became Mega Mom, able to make PB&J at the snap of my fingers, and race around the house at super speeds to clean faster. If only...;)
We are just getting ready to make sundaes, and the chip dip was a real hit!

Let us know how your theme nights turn out and if you have any suggestions!

We did our first "Disney Friday" on Friday night (we are counting down, 12 more Fridays until our trip...and making each one a "Disney Friday" from this list here).

Our theme Friday was "Lady and the Tramp". DD and DS helped me set the table with a tablecloth, candles, and wine glasses. We bought a bottle of sprakling cherry juice, and made spaghetti. As a project, we made menus for "Tony's", which was a lot of fun, and then we had bought and baked some of those cute cookies that you can buy the dough already cut out--they were shaped like hearts and were red with little "lovey" sayings on them. We made those for dessert.

After dinner, we all watched "Lady and the Tramp" together, and it was such fun!! It was a good easy one to get us started, and now I'm excited for next week, when we're doing the "Peter Pan" ideas from earlier in this thread.

This is such fun, and will really help us with our long wait until May!

wow these are great ideas.
How about a Aurora Party? Any ideas? She is our favorite and my girls would love a Disney party for her. You are all soooooo creative. Impressed. :thumbsup2

Oooh, I have ideas about an Aurora/Sleeping Beauty party!

You could have all the family members come to the dinner table in their pajamas...serve all breakfast foods for dinner...cozy up with sleeping bags on the floor to play games/watch the movie...

I don't know about food for Sleeping Beauty-but it might be fun to have a Birthday cake, like the three fairies make for Aurora.

Or for a girlie themed night, what about a Bibbity Bobbity Boutique night? Fix up hair, do nails, do a photo shoot...

I love the cake idea with the fairies! You could make it half blue and half pink, like they are still warring with their magic! We could almost start a whole other thread with Disney themed party ideas!

ChrisMouse, your Lady & the Tramp night sounds so cute! Can't wait to hear how your next one goes!

Keep the great ideas coming everyone!!!

OK, I went and started another thread for Disney theme parties, if anyone is interested! (I know I am!) You guys are so fun and creative!

Movie - Pete's Dragon

Menu - Lighthouse Linguini with Pete's Pasta Sauce (could also be alfredo
sauce with shrimp)
Nora's No-Nonsense Garlic Bread
Elliot's Roasted Apples
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/369/HoneyRoastedApples44889.shtml

Ativities - Create your own imaginary dragon, what would he/she look like and
do?
Since "Pete's Dragon" takes place in a Maine fishing town, make your own fishing pond! Use a baby pool, or even a blue blanket swirled on the ground to resemble water. For each fishing pole you will need a wooden dowel, string, and a magnet. Tie one end of the string to the pole, the other end to the magnet. Cut out fish shapes on paper plates or heavy cardstock. Place a paperclip on fish's face, and sprinkle fish in "pond". Kids can fish just for fun, race against each other to fish all their own color fish first, or even fish for prizes like at the carnival!

Movie - The Country Bears

Menu - Country Ribs (see recipe below)
Cornbread
Green beans
Bear Claws (see recipe below)

Activities - Make your own instruments! See link for easy ideas.
http://www.thefamilycorner.com/family/kids/crafts/9_musical_instruments.shtml
Hold a concert staring your own family band! Throw on your favorite CD or make up your own! Don't forget some great lyrics, just like the attraction at Disney World!

Country Ribs

3-4 lbs country-style pork ribs
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C ketchup
1/4 C vinegar
1/4 C water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place ribs in roasting pan. In a 2 qt saucepan combine remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until a full boil (5-8 minutes). Pour over ribs; turn ribs to coat all sides. Bake turning ribs every 20 to 30 minutes for2 to 2 1/2 hours or until ribs are fork tender. Remove ribs. Skim fat from sauce. Serve sauce with ribs.

Bear Claws

1 can refrigerator biscuits
2-4 T melted butter
1 T cinnamon
2-4 T sugar

Take a biscuit and dredge it in melted butter, then in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Make 2 cuts in the center of the biscuit (not all the way through, when baked, this will make the "claws"!). Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter