Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

We did our second Disney Friday last week--it was "Spirit of Mickey".

I bought some of those frozen Mickey hamburgers & grilled them up on my foreman. I used a Mickey icon cookie cutter to cut slices of cheese for the burgers. We made frozen fries and then for our activity/dessert we made Mickey head rice krispie treats. We used the microwave dipping chocolate and dipped the ears in chocolate, then drizzled more. We sprinkled them with mini choc chips and mini m&m's.

We had a lot of fun! :cool1:

Where did you find the frozen Mickey burgers?? I looked at the link to the Disney/family fun and couldn't find anything that was marketed in my area. :(

We find the Disney food items at WalMarts that have grocery stores inside them. The Mickey head-shaped cheeses are a favorite at our house.
Still working on the Cinderella night! I will have a post soon!

Movie - Cinderella

Menu - Cinderella's Royal Banquet
Royal Roast Beef (note:takes approx 3-4 hours)http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000457roast_beef.php
Green beans
Parmesan Potatoes http://allearsnet.com/din/rec_parmpot.htm
For dessert, strawberry soup from Cinderella's dinner at 1900 Park Fare
http://allearsnet.com/din/rec_straw.htm

Activity - Have the whole family work together to create a cardboard castle, you can even try to find materials to construct it to look like Disney World's Cinderella Castle!
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11227
Anybody think their kids might get into being Cinderella-in-rags? If so, have them each don an apron and set them up with a feather duster to toil until the clock strikes twelve (microwave timer chimes!). Great way to get your dusting done! After this, the Fairy Godmother should arrive to get the Cinderellas ready for the ball!
Make "Fairy Godmother Dust". Buy extra fine glitter at a craft store, mix in with aloe vera and put into a pretty container with a tight fitting lid.

Movie - James and the Giant Peach

Menu - New York style pizza
James' Baked Peaches
Canned peach halves, drained
Brown sugar
Butter
Vanilla Ice Cream
Place drained peach halves in a baking dish, scoop side up. Place a spoonful of brown sugar in each peach and dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Activities - Try the James and the Giant Peach trivia game online!
http://www.roalddahlfans.com/games/quiz.php?quizID=14
Minibeast Memory (James' insect friends are known as minibeasts in the book. Using cardstock, cut out a stack of equilateral squares. Have your children draw two of each of the minibeasts for a memory game.
Create a Guide to Insects (you can use your computer, your encyclopedias, whatever you wish. Make a page for each of the creatures James comes into contact with and research about each one. Don't forget a photo or drawing, and leave space at the bottom of the page for a bug scientist log. Your little ones can go on a bug hunt and observe the critters up close and jot down their thoughts!

Love these ideas! Dh will be at a conference out of town most of the week, so I'm looking forward to trying some of these with the kids.

I LOVE all these ideas!! :thumbsup2 Maybe we'll start doing something like this once a month while waiting an eternity until our next trip...hopefully Dec '09! LOL :)

I honor of the holiday I'm making cornbeef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots tonight for dinner and renting Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

We may go hunting for leprecauns later. (I'll hide some chocolate gold coins for the kids to find. - oops, guess we just missed him, but lucky us he dropped some gold!!!! :thumbsup2 )

Darby O'Gill and the Little People!!! How could I forget that one! What a great idea! :thumbsup2
I'm ECSTATIC to see everyone enjoying all these great ideas! Please keep them coming! mom2alix, I will put Darby O'Gill on the Index page so everyone can find it!
Keep your ideas and comments coming! :)

How about any themes for non-movie park attractions and rides? Or how about theme nights for each of the World Showcase Countries? Let's hear your ideas and requests, and all of these fantastic creative people can help us make a new theme night!

Movie: Enchanted!

Menu:
Pizza or hot dogs
Caramel Apples
Apple-tini's (for kids applejuice and soda mixed)

Craft:
Boys: balloon swords or build a lego castle
Girls: Decorate your own dress, or shirt, or tiarra
Create Pop Up Cards or mini pop up books! Write your own fairy tale story!

Activities:
Dance and sing as you clean the house!!! Add a little sparkle and create a picture frame or wall hanging together!

We are going to WDW at the end of May. My best friend and her family will be going as well. Since we all have so much going on within our families (soccer, gymnastics, etc.) we have a hard time getting together to plan. So, we decided to have once a month "Disney dinner parties" so all of the kids could play and watch Disney movies to get excited about the trip and we could sit down and do the serious planning. Last month we finalized our last ADR's and discussed which parks we'd be doing on what days. Since we'll all be staying at Pop, I made buttermilk fried chicken (got the recipe off of allears.net and it was wonderful), mashed potatoes and green beans. She's hosting the next one this weekend and is going to make Sci-Fi chili. We don't really have a theme other than making Disney food, but we all have a great time getting together and making plans, and it does build excitement. The last dinner party will be 2 days before we leave, I know we'll all be excited for that one! :cheer2:

Okay, the kids won't stop throwing ideas at me, here's another:

Movie: Mulan
Food: Chineese Take Out
Activities: Learn to eat with chopsticks! And make paper chineese style dragons and paper lanterns (search familyfun.com for chineese new years activites and pick anything really)

My kids would LOVE this one! Chinese food is one of their FAVORITES! I will have to try this one.

There are lots of good ideas on here....but I can't go all out or my DH will think I'm nuts (which I am....LOL)!!!!:banana:

jacobsmom, LOVE your Enchanted ideas! Today at work I was thinking, we've got to get an Enchanted night out now the movie has been released! Great job!

walkerag, I wish I could find similar-minded families around here to have planning parties with, they sound like so much fun.

I will post these to the index right away! Keep the great ideas rolling!

Okay, any ideas for "Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom"???
We have family night tonight and we are watching this movie.

What about setting up a tent and camping out over night indiana Jones style after the movie ?

You could also form some sort of Scavenger Hunt even if it was just around the house and everyone wears khaki.

We celebrated Animal Kingdom's tenth birthday yesterday. The real birthday is the 22nd of this month. We did a safari for Brooklynn with new Viewmaster safari binoculars, and then we ate at Pizzafari!

DSC07143-1.jpg

DSC07145-1.jpg

DSC07147-1.jpg

She was too excited about the "fari" to stop and let us put a bow in her hair, thus the long bangs.

DSC07151.jpg

DSC07152.jpg

We didn't go elaborate, because we're saving our money for the real trip, but it was still fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter