PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Honestly?

Haven't heard of any bed bug issues like that for years! Cannot remember how far back it was that someone mentioned it on here......of course it can happen anywhere, but it's not a complaint we see on here.

I'm sure if there was an issue it would be dealt with quickly and appropriately........I wouldn't let it stop you booking a trip there........:)

Thank you that makes me feel better!! I know there can never be a guarantee but I figured out of all the people posting on here someone would've come back & said something about it recently...

If I can ask another question....do they hav Cabanas to rent at each pool or only some (of 1) of them? I saw some pictures but couldn't figure out which pool it was at...

Thanks!

My family is planning a Thanksgiving trip to Universal (last Thanksgiving we did Disney & stayed at Grand Floridian & Animal Kingdom & did 1 day at Universal). We would love to stay at Portofino based on all the info/pics we've seen.

But.....today when looking things up I came across a LOT of reviews that complained about bed bugs! I know that a lot of hotels have them but also that it's how swiftly & effectively they deal with them. Based on what I was reading it seemed like a real problem here. It seemed like this forum would be a good place to ask since it's current & active.

What do u think?

Agreed with @schumigirl that if it were a huge issue you'd see info here. Granted, I don't know where the reviews are but unfortunately it can happen anywhere. Definitely check the room (look online for tips about best strategies) if you're nervous. I'm a big fan of Portofino and would not let it sway me at all.

Thank you that's good to hear! (It just popped up when I was searching, not sure what site....then I went into the BB Registry & there were quite a few entries. Although I do think most of them were from 2010 & before....1 may have been from '15). It can def happen anywhere, I just wouldn't want to go somewhere knowingly that it's a raging problem. But I agree that it would be popping up on this board if that was the case.

I'm excited to go again, haha!

Thank you that makes me feel better!! I know there can never be a guarantee but I figured out of all the people posting on here someone would've come back & said something about it recently...

If I can ask another question....do they hav Cabanas to rent at each pool or only some (of 1) of them? I saw some pictures but couldn't figure out which pool it was at...

Thanks!

Stayed there in December, no issues with bed bugs.

I clearly remember cabanas at the villa pool - there are quite a few of them around the perimeter. I'm not positive, but I think I also remember them around the beach pool - fewer of them, but I have a fuzzy picture in my head of cabana covers scattered around it, across from the restaurant. We just walked around the beach pool, didn't spend any time there, so that's why I'm not certain. Maybe someone else will weigh in with more definite info. . .

Thanks!

The Universal website says the private cabana rentals are at the villa pool. It also mentions three cabanas at the beach pool but the implication is that those aren't rental ones.

First time I heard they had a bed bug problem

Can't recall if there were posts on the UO forums about that

Don't worry about it
Just go and have a great stay

When you check into the hotel and give your debit card for payment for the rest of your trip do they charge it then or when you check out?

When you check into the hotel and give your debit card for payment for the rest of your trip do they charge it then or when you check out?

I've never used a debit card to pay, but you do pay your outstanding balance when you leave...........

Last year they placed a hold on my credit card account for the remaining room charges plus $200 a day for incidentals. I know you can pay off the room in advance, you may want to consider that so your personal bank account doesn't have an excessive hold on it.

Last year they placed a hold on my credit card account for the remaining room charges plus $200 a day for incidentals. I know you can pay off the room in advance, you may want to consider that so your personal bank account doesn't have an excessive hold on it.
That's why I'm asking. I'm so used to the way Disney does things, but Universal is so much different. I called and they won't take full payment before arrival. They just told me to have him pay when he checks in.

That's why I'm asking. I'm so used to the way Disney does things, but Universal is so much different. I called and they won't take full payment before arrival. They just told me to have him pay when he checks in.

You can contact them and arrange a payment before hand. A few people on here have done this........think it's accounts department you want. I'm sure they email you a form to fill in.......

Someone who's done it may come along and help.........

I just booked a room in mid may and they a charging me the 15 a nite for the fridge is what I was told. So I don't think there getting them installed anytime soon

I tried to search and I don't think I could get the right combo to get results, sorry if this has been asked in advance

Can a small adult, 5' 100 lbs, fit in one of the Despicable Me beds in the kids room?

I tried to search and I don't think I could get the right combo to get results, sorry if this has been asked in advance

Can a small adult, 5' 100 lbs, fit in one of the Despicable Me beds in the kids room?

Posts 60-80 in this thread have pictures and a video of that room.........not sure you can tell from it whether they'll fit or not.

There actually quite big!!! When I first booked I thought they were going to be small but there way bigger then I assumed!! I could of slept in it but didn't want to take away all the fun from my boys lol :)
I have a question about your Despicable Me room, and the beds. I saw the video and it gave me a general idea of their size. Are they about the size of a regular Twin bed? Or smaller? It seemed like maybe the same size based on your DS laying in it but so hard for me to tell. I'm hoping that DD (little adult @ 5' and 100 lbs) could fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter