PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Not sure if beach pool does, but those two pools are pretty close to one another. Less than a 5 minute walk from each other, if that. They're basically separated by one wing of the hotel, and there's a ground-level passage plus a flight of steps between the two.

Haha, just thought of another way to express it - they're so close to each other, waitstaff from the beach pool also service the villa pool. Drinks, anyone?:drinking1

Where are the best garden view rooms located. I would prefer to be ground level and close to beach pool.Any advice?

Where are the best garden view rooms located. I would prefer to be ground level and close to beach pool.Any advice?

Request West Wing and close to beach pool. We ended up with 2nd floor but its not that far. There was an elevator near our room too so not a huge worry if you don't get first floor.

Thanks Roxy. Fro what I have read it seems west wing is a must. I have been stuck on that east wing before and those hallways are loooong!!!

Thanks Roxy. Fro what I have read it seems west wing is a must. I have been stuck on that east wing before and those hallways are loooong!!!

Yes, I love Portofino so I wouldn't mind too much being back there. I also said at check in I was willing to wait to get the room type I wanted so that might be to your advantage as well. I don't know if people typically research the room locations or request particular ones. But that could be to your benefit as well.

Yes I love Portofino as well. Ok yes I will tell them that at check in. Ive learned after many stays at PBR and RPR that room location helps alot in the whole overall experience.

Please don't judge....

would it be totally tacky and weird to bring my own mini fridge to the Portofino? we are driving in, so why pay $15 a day when I have it just sitting here?
I am embarrassed I am asking this. but posting anyway.

Have no idea but if you do bring it, cover it with a cloth and put a vase with flower in it..........
Jk

Really don't know their policy on it but do know crockpots are not allowed

Please don't judge....

would it be totally tacky and weird to bring my own mini fridge to the Portofino? we are driving in, so why pay $15 a day when I have it just sitting here?
I am embarrassed I am asking this. but posting anyway.

You wouldn't be allowed to have it in the room, Housekeeping will report it.......but Portofino are now adding mini fridges to all rooms in place of the mini bar. Just like RPR.

So, you wouldn't have to pay anything anyway.

much handier for most folks
it really is a sticking point for us! We are planning our last UO trip with our annual passes (sniff!) and everyone wants the Portofino - I just was annoyed about the stupid fridge!
I am still holding out the fam will come to their senses and let me try will try RPH instead :)

it really is a sticking point for us! We are planning our last UO trip with our annual passes (sniff!) and everyone wants the Portofino - I just was annoyed about the stupid fridge!
I am still holding out the fam will come to their senses and let me try will try RPH instead :)

Lol......I'm sure you'll be happy at PB. It is beautiful.......:)

Hi - we booked a club level room for May. This is our first stay at PBH. What room request would you suggest if any? I'm thinking being close to the club room may be nice since the resort is so large. I think I would value convenience over a specific view but not sure what the options are. Thanks

If I'm staying Club Level and want to add a room request to my reservation, do I call the general reservation number or the concierge number? Thanks!

Are king beds located throughout the resort or only in specific spots? We have a bay view king room booked.

My family is planning a Thanksgiving trip to Universal (last Thanksgiving we did Disney & stayed at Grand Floridian & Animal Kingdom & did 1 day at Universal). We would love to stay at Portofino based on all the info/pics we've seen.

But.....today when looking things up I came across a LOT of reviews that complained about bed bugs! I know that a lot of hotels have them but also that it's how swiftly & effectively they deal with them. Based on what I was reading it seemed like a real problem here. It seemed like this forum would be a good place to ask since it's current & active.

What do u think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter