Popcorn Buckets at WDW

Right now at WDW they have the TIE fighter one at DHS, and a different regular pail one at each of the other parks.
OK, thanks! I suppose that one is great for Star Wars fans, but I'm not that into Star Wars (had to ask DH, since I had no clue what a TIE fighter was :o), so I am hoping for the possibility that something else more "Disney" is available when we go in June.

Any new popcorn buckets within the last week or so? Can't believe we'll be at WDW in less than 2 weeks! Getting very excited! :mickeyjum

I was lucky enough to get the Cinderella carriage one last November, it's so darn cute! When we were there a couple weeks ago I saw the tie fighter one so I think that's the current one right now.

I'm hoping there are new ones in August, as I am hoping to bring back a couple for
gifts...:flower1:

We were recently at Tokyo Disneyland, and popcorn buckets were extremely popular there. They had the cutest kinds of buckets, for example shaped like Minnie's bow, Dumbo, or R2D2. I bought my older DD a Stitch one, since she's a huge Stitch fan (she wasn't able to travel to Japan with us). The lines were ridiculously long at all the different popcorn stands just for the buckets!

A friend of mine went to Tokyo and I asked him for a Popcorn bucket with Tokyo on it. He brought me Stitch. I love it. He told me that he was in line for 30 minutes for it. I guess I owe him.

Here now and DHS has tie fighter popcorn buckets. Totally fun and almost got one for my collection but no baggage space this trip.

I'm thinking it's unlikely they'll have the Tie Fighter next year. But how much do these buckets usually cost?

In the parks right now:

HS
- Tie Fighter
- r2d2 (haven't seen it since may though and there seems to be an invasion of new star wars cups).
- cinderellas coach. (I thought this sold out but my daughter saw 1 but someone in front of her snagged it.. it might have been stock they forgot to sell last year, still at DL though).

MK
- Mine train car (popcorn cart next to BTMRR). Dwarves in parades love interacting with this one.

AK
- A lotus blossom is coming soon (matches the pictures from the rivers of light so I think they are waiting for it to come out to sell).

EP:
- It's a more generic plastic bucket with a lid but the design changes seasonally.

There is also a new refillable popcorn bucket option starting this sunday so we're hitting the parks seeing if they bring out any new designs... The pictures on the official blog made it look more like a generic pail with a cover.

There is always a fancy mickey one in the fall but it's harder to find (we generally find it in an obscure cart in HS but that was pre-construction)

I didn't think anything else could get me more excited about our upcoming trip, but popcorn buckets? I'm in!! lol

I've been back from WDW for almost two weeks now, but today is the first time I'm logging into the Disboard! While there, we picked up the Mine Train Cart one from MK. At HS, there was the Tie Fighter and the Hans Solo one. If these popcorn buckets weren't too bulky, I'd have picked up the SW ones too, and now I'm regretting not getting the Hans Solo one. Unfortunately, the refillable ones were released after we already got home.

They still have the han solo bucket somewhere?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! Off to HS tomorrow I go!

They still have the han solo bucket somewhere?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! Off to HS tomorrow I go!
Hope they are still available!

I didn't see the R2D2 or Cinderella's Coach popcorn buckets while we were there. I would have loved both! I did see the R2D2 one earlier in March at TDR, though. That one is cute, but huge! All the fancy popcorn buckets are big and bulky, so for those of us who have to fly to WDW, it's a difficult souvenir to purchase a lot of!

I didn't see the R2D2 or Cinderella's Coach popcorn buckets while we were there.

The last place I saw it was may and it was in one of the candy shops just on the counter.. I didn't realize it was a popcorn bucket or I would have grabbed it then. (same with han solo).. I'll be there tonight to scout these out some more..

I hope they have R2D2 in August when I go so I can bring it home to
my little nephew who LOVES Star Wars....

The last place I saw it was may and it was in one of the candy shops just on the counter.. I didn't realize it was a popcorn bucket or I would have grabbed it then. (same with han solo).. I'll be there tonight to scout these out some more..
Oh, that probably explains it. We were only checking out the popcorn carts around the parks for these popcorn buckets. Next time around, we'll have to make sure to look everywhere for them!

As for the Mine Train one, I did notice that you can link them together. I was tempted to buy another, but decided against it. Maybe DLR will still have their version if/when we go there again, and I'll pick one up then.

As for the Mine Train one, I did notice that you can link them together. I was tempted to buy another, but decided against it. Maybe DLR will still have their version if/when we go there again, and I'll pick one up then.

I've been ebaying the ones from other parks, if your patient you can find a reasonable deal, especially when they are shipping from HK or Japan. I really like the asian parks mini-xmas ornament ones.. I haven't stalked the xmas shops around WDW to see if they sell them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter