Popcorn Buckets at WDW

momtotaryn

Mouseketeer
We were recently at Tokyo Disneyland, and popcorn buckets were extremely popular there. They had the cutest kinds of buckets, for example shaped like Minnie's bow, Dumbo, or R2D2. I bought my older DD a Stitch one, since she's a huge Stitch fan (she wasn't able to travel to Japan with us). The lines were ridiculously long at all the different popcorn stands just for the buckets!

Anyway, I don't recall seeing those kinds of cute, fancy popcorn buckets at WDW on our first trip 5 years ago. Do they have them now? I'd love to pick one or two up during our upcoming trip in June. I'd buy more, but they're big and bulky, so difficult to pack to bring home.

Edit to add: Here is a picture I found on the internet of the Stitch popcorn bucket. It is the very same one I bought for my DD. You can wear it around your neck, but it is bulky!

2016_stitch_popcorn_bucket.jpg

Last edited:
OK...I am wondering if there are even regular, pail type of plastic popcorn buckets at WDW. Doesn't have to be these unique types. I'd love to bring home one as a souvenir, especially if it had the year 2016 on them. Also, are there different kinds of popcorn flavors at the popcorn stands?

They have popcorn buckets that look like this with different pictures on it depending where you buy them from. Animal-Kingdom-Souvenir-Popcorn-Bucket.jpgI've seen cinderella's carriage as a popcorn bucket at WDW before I don't know if there are different ones like that/ if they still sell them. Unknown.jpeg I've seen buffalo bleu cheese and cheddar cheese popcorn at Epcot- I think theres a 3rd flavor but I can't remember what it is.

WOW, that Cinderella Carriage popcorn bucket is beautiful! :daisy: I would LOVE to get one of those! But if they are no longer available, then the other ones would do!

Last edited:

Yes they have them in WDW and I collect them. My favorite is my Dumbo but we also get the pail type ones and use them at home with our air pop machine. Makes movie nights so much easier.

Just as a tip for the fancier ones you can ask them to put the pop corn in the paper container and then slip that into the opening. A CM did that for me with my Dumbo.

We were there in January and I was able to get an R2D2 and a TIE-Fighter popcorn bucket. The TIE bucket is particularly awesome.

I have the Cinderella one. They asked if I wanted the popcorn in it, or on the side. I got it on the side. They also had a mine trail cart one last summer that was super cool.

Good to know you can ask for the popcorn on the side! I will have to be on the lookout for these unique popcorn buckets! ::MinnieMo

WDW has had a fair number of premium bucket designs over the years. Some designs seem to be available for years (e.g., R2D2), while others come and go much quicker (e.g., holiday themed ones). I collect popcorn buckets and it's fun to see the variety of designs that have been released. I didn't get these buckets at WDW (I got mine at DLR), but generally speaking, the designs are often available in both parks (not always at the same time). There are a few designs that are resort specific. In addition to being popcorn buckets, sometimes they offer "meal deals" in one of the buckets. So be sure to look at the counter service locations to see if they have anything interesting.

TIE-Fighter (still currently available)
RR_006_zpsnfouupjh.jpg

Before the TIE-Fighter, they had Darth Vader.
DSC_0256_zps7ebd0c3c.jpg

WDW and DLR both have a version of the Mine Train popcorn bucket (the basic shape is the same, but the coloring of the top is different between the two parks).
DSC_0357%207am_zpsm4byxvpt.jpg

I think WDW also has the red Lightning McQueen popcorn buckets (the blue was the seasonal version at DLR).
DSC_0029_1_zpsc290dc50.jpg

They used to also have a Dumbo bucket.
DSC_0800_zps35d6fa05.jpg

Both parks also had a Zero popcorn bucket during the holidays (2014 and 2015 versions).
Zero_02_zpsaggnnr9o.jpg

There are also seasonal Premium buckets, like Vampire Mickey (from 2015), Hatbox Ghost Mickey (from 2013), and Ghost Mickey (from several years ago).
20150925_135639_zpslfsg68jp.jpg

DSC_0644_1_zpsb753dbc5.jpg

DSC_0033_1_zpsc2497fe6.jpg

And if you get to DLR in the near future, they also have these really cute Mickey Balloon buckets (they come in red, blue, or purple)!
DSC_0362%209am_zpsvzrsebkf.jpg

WDW has had a fair number of premium bucket designs over the years. Some designs seem to be available for years (e.g., R2D2), while others come and go much quicker (e.g., holiday themed ones). I collect popcorn buckets and it's fun to see the variety of designs that have been released. I didn't get these buckets at WDW (I got mine at DLR), but generally speaking, the designs are often available in both parks (not always at the same time). There are a few designs that are resort specific. In addition to being popcorn buckets, sometimes they offer "meal deals" in one of the buckets. So be sure to look at the counter service locations to see if they have anything interesting.

RR_006_zpsnfouupjh.jpg

DSC_0256_zps7ebd0c3c.jpg

WDW and DLR both have a version of the Mine Train popcorn bucket (the basic shape is the same, but the coloring of the top is different between the two parks).

I think WDW also has the red Lightning McQueen popcorn buckets (the blue was the seasonal version at DLR).

DSC_0800_zps35d6fa05.jpg

Both parks also had a Zero popcorn bucket during the holidays (2014 and 2015 versions).
Zero_02_zpsaggnnr9o.jpg

There are also seasonal Premium buckets, like Vampire Mickey (from 2015), Hatbox Ghost Mickey (from 2013), and Ghost Mickey (from several years ago).

And if you get to DLR in the near future, they also have these really cute Mickey Balloon buckets (they come in red, blue, or purple)!
I NEED one of those red buckets!!! But unfortunately, no chance of getting to DL. : (

RR_006_zpsnfouupjh.jpg

DSC_0256_zps7ebd0c3c.jpg

DSC_0800_zps35d6fa05.jpg

Zero_02_zpsaggnnr9o.jpg

Oh

My

God

I need the Cinderella Carriage one. And the Dumbo one. And definitely the Zero one.

Well, looks like I have to redo my budget and buy an extra suitcase to transport these babies home.

OH WOW!!! Thanks for those pics! I hope we'll be lucky to find some unique popcorn buckets when we are in WDW on our June trip! :jumping1:

Right now at WDW they have the TIE fighter one at DHS, and a different regular pail one at each of the other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter