POP refurbed rooms with Flat Screens! Update Page 13 **

I think they look good. However, I did snicker a little that they started with the 70s, which is my least favorite section at Pop. I find the 70s the furthest away and most inconvient....Oh, yea, we were in the 70s Jan 21-24 and the rooms were not refurbed then, but did notice it was very quiet and we didn't have alot of neighbors (on the ground floor). I guess folks will be eager to stay in the 70s now. We'll be back at Pop for one night on March 6th. It would be nice to get the frigs in the values, though I would be happy with a coffee pot. We often stay at Pop when coming in early for our DVC stay.

privacy curtain is great and I love the new rooms! I really hope we get one of these for our May trip! Fingers crossed!!!

I wish CBR would get the new flat panel TV's. They have a flat screen but are those older, huge TV's. Not that I watch all that much TV on vacation.

We just returned last week from Pop and let me tell you I was really pleasanty surprised!! When we walked in the first thing I noticed was the NEW carpet. Clean, no spots or stains...my white socks didn't even get discolored while walking around without my shoes on ;) There is the rounded cutain rod and privacy curtain between the carpet and tiled area. And the mattress and pillows were VERY comfotable. The big dresser and flat screen TV seemed to somehow make a bit more space on each side. Plenty of room for the fridge(fridge swap) big suitcase AND the box the fridge came in!!!!!
The room smelled like new carpet and no musty smell or mold ANYWHERE!! I would have normally stayed in a Moderate, but with this new refurb I was actuallly very pleased with our choice of resort :thumbsup2

I wish CBR would get the new flat panel TV's. They have a flat screen but are those older, huge TV's. Not that I watch all that much TV on vacation.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they've replaced the CRTs (tubes) that were in CBR rooms - I know the pirate rooms have LCD televisions for sure.

I think we should track what sections have been redone. Can everyone post what section you were in that was newly refurbished?

They will be doing the whole resort.. in about 12 weeks.

So far they started in the 70's.

They will be doing the whole resort.. in about 12 weeks.

So far they started in the 70's.

They will be doing the whole resort within 12-weeks amount of time - or in 12 weeks they will start the rest of the resort?

Wondering when they'll do 60's?
have requested poolside 60's for our late march trip - now we want 70's instead since it's redone (though wonder if we'd get it, surely everyone is requesting that now!)
So waiting to see when more updates are posted with what other buildings may be completed by our arrival date. Would be nice if 60's is done and can keep our original request we put down.

I'm glad that they are refurbishing Pop, and the 70s is one of my favorite sections (facing the water). I do wish the dresser was bigger, though. I like the old one, it had a lot of space. I was hoping for a dresser like they put in ASMu. I'll be there at the end of August, so I'm happy we will have the new rooms. I was there in '08 when they were replacing the mattresses. Big piles of the old ones in the 50s parking lot. I love it when they have the rounded curtain rods, such a simple thing but it really adds to the comfort of taking a shower.
Now when will they freshen up POFQ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter