POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thanks: party: I loved the first page on the last thread, but this is even better!

I can't wait for my trip to POP in 5 months, and this thread just reminded me of some things I need to add to my to-do and to-pack lists (forgot the power strip!).

Great thread!! It so easy to read and follow!! LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

I don't know if I missed this info, or its not posted yet, or hasn't been addressed, but I'll be staying at POP with my fam next month, and would love to set up daily paper delivery for my dad. Does POP do this in any way ? It can even be the local Orlando paper even though we are from NY/CT. Any help/guidance is appreciated!

The following question was asked near the end of the old thread;

"Some people have said that some CM's allow a CS credit to be exchanged for 3 snack credits. Has anyone had luck at POP with this?"

When I was there last week I went to the food court a couple of times to get pastries for breakfast. I'd get a couple of muffins and a danish for the three of us. Each time the cashier asked if I wanted to use 3 snacks or 1 counter service. I used the snacks.

Wow, thanks so much for all the nice comments about the new thread! It is nice to know folks take the time to read through and find it helpful. :goodvibes

mlittig ~ can't wait to see your pics! Where in MA? I am from Boston. :)

Hi Minnie&Nana, I am in Pepperell which is right near the Nashua, New Hampshire border :cool1:

The thread looks GREAT! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication! Can't wait until we are there in January!!! :lovestruc

The following question was asked near the end of the old thread;

"Some people have said that some CM's allow a CS credit to be exchanged for 3 snack credits. Has anyone had luck at POP with this?"

When I was there last week I went to the food court a couple of times to get pastries for breakfast. I'd get a couple of muffins and a danish for the three of us. Each time the cashier asked if I wanted to use 3 snacks or 1 counter service. I used the snacks.

Although not a DP rule, I too have had success with redeeming a CS for 3 snacks at POP (it was not offered to me, but upon asking what options were available for leftover CS meals, was offered the ability to do so.)

This could vary by resort (and CM) so suggest that this could be hit or miss, so do not count on this happening as a rule. :)

Minnie&Nana And Janet B,

I am absolutely in awe of the new Pop thread!! :worship: You two have done such an amazing job with it. I love all the special touches you two added with the framing, the photos and the new section headings(too cute!). Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into the new thread. It's absolutely incredible!! :hippie: :goodvibes

Hi Janet and Christine!!

Thanks for the link Janet....WOW already pg 4. That's what I get for going back to work :lmao:..now backtracking to catch up :goodvibes

Great thread. I have been reading everything about Pop for our fist stay there next month. It's just me and my youngest and my niece. Leaving grandma and big brother at home.

I thought we could have a more laid-back trip by spending time at the pools and enjoying all the activities. When I mentioned this to the kids they looked at me funny and said they would rather be in the parks all day than swim! So much for MY vacation :)

We already got Mickey mail so we are getting very excited.

homeschoolmomof4: Thank you! Yes, it was a lot of fun and glad you like the extra touches! It's hard not to go overboard with having POP as material. :goodvibes

pas130: Hi!

trvlgirlmq: Thanks!

Minnie&Nana And Janet B,
I am absolutely in awe of the new Pop thread!! :worship: You two have done such an amazing job with it. I love all the special touches you two added with the framing, the photos and the new section headings(too cute!). Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into the new thread. It's absolutely incredible!! :hippie: :goodvibes

So glad you are enjoying the thread! Janet took care of techie stuff, she deserves all that credit; She did a fabulous job! :goodvibes (did you notice we added the food pic links? Think that was your request, yes?:thumbsup2 )

Hi Janet and Christine!!

Thanks for the link Janet....WOW already pg 4. That's what I get for going back to work :lmao:..now backtracking to catch up :goodvibes

:wave: Thanks for coming over! :wave:

Great thread. I have been reading everything about Pop for our fist stay there next month. It's just me and my youngest and my niece. Leaving grandma and big brother at home.

I thought we could have a more laid-back trip by spending time at the pools and enjoying all the activities. When I mentioned this to the kids they looked at me funny and said they would rather be in the parks all day than swim! So much for MY vacation :)

We already got Mickey mail so we are getting very excited.

Aw...poor mom :hug:. Mickey mail means the trip is not that far off!!! :yay:

I don't know if I missed this info, or its not posted yet, or hasn't been addressed, but I'll be staying at POP with my fam next month, and would love to set up daily paper delivery for my dad. Does POP do this in any way ? It can even be the local Orlando paper even though we are from NY/CT. Any help/guidance is appreciated!

I have no idea if you can get a newspaper delivered to your room (I doubt it) but Everything Pop stocks daily newspapers at the right-side checkout counter. I know they have USA Today and the Orlando Sentinel.

The new FAQ postings are terrific!

(I was excited to see one of my Pop Pic thread photos used...glad to contribute!)

Awesome looking thread guys! We are subscribing!! We love POP and we will be there in November 2nd through November 9th 2012.

:snail: HRH is here with me too. She picked this sticker for you ladies, because she likes it (she never uses the same smilie twice) We are enjoying the thread!

Then we are in the presence of royalty! Thank you Madison! (glad you too are enjoying the thread)

I have no idea if you can get a newspaper delivered to your room (I doubt it) but Everything Pop stocks daily newspapers at the right-side checkout counter. I know they have USA Today and the Orlando Sentinel.

Thank you for sharing the info the the newspapers - that is good to know. We will look into info on delivery service.

The new FAQ postings are terrific!

(I was excited to see one of my Pop Pic thread photos used...glad to contribute!)

We are glad to include DISers pictures whenever possible! :goodvibes

Awesome looking thread guys! We are subscribing!! We love POP and we will be there in November 2nd through November 9th 2012.

:welcome: And :woohoo: for your November trip!

Thanks so much for catching those typos - appreciate that you took the time to read and comment.:thumbsup2 Will go and add the map link later tonight!

Thanks again!
Janet

Your welcome! I was so excited to see the new thread and LOVE IT! I really like the pictures and the cute little phrases you included! But I was just reading through quick and noticed those, I debated saying something (not waiting to be the "oh you did this wrong" person, (my husband has a bad habit of doing that to me and it drives me :scared1:) and I just want to yell "Off with his head!":rolleyes1 but decided you might want to know :)

I will be there in 4 days now, is there anything else anyone wants me to check-out or get pictures of? I'd love to contribute, since I have learned so much for this thread in the past year!:cool1:

I'm just putting this out there. I am not a smoker and neither is my husband, but last year, we traveled with friends who are big time nicotine addicts so it was something we had to deal with. IMO, a link to the DSAs (designated smoking areas) map should be included on page 1. It helps smokers and non-smokers alike to know where they are.

Here's a tip for smokers, too. The area near Petals is a smoking area. Last summer with our heavy smoking friends, we'd take a table over there so the friends could smoke, the kids could swim, and we could get drinks. Hanging out there under the umbrella was so pleasant, even on a very hot day.

I will be there in 4 days now, is there anything else anyone wants me to check-out or get pictures of? I'd love to contribute, since I have learned so much for this thread in the past year!:cool1:

YES!!! Thank you so much for offering!!:goodvibes One of us will pm with a couple info requests and photo requests! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter