Pooh-sized couple dining through Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear Cathy had a happy birthday. It's so nice to hear a positive review of CM dinner. It gets such negative reviews here. We plan on doing CM for dinner for our first night and now I can't wait. LOL. Was that prime rib on one of the plates? I have been hearing some reports that they took the prime rib away.

Can't wait to read the rest.

Loralie

Thanks for the compliments, and sorry for just now answering. Yep that's prime rib. I would say even without it the buffet is one of, of not the, best at Disney.

Thanks for the compliments, and sorry for just now answering. Yep that's prime rib. I would say even without it the buffet is one of, of not the, best at Disney.

So glad to hear this!! We're trying dinner in May, and I've seen a lot of negatives too, but it sounds good to me!

Love the updates!! You guys are too fun! I love how the reviews are from both perspectives and the (). :)

So is it over now? That trip was too short!

Day 5
Our last meal on DDP
Pepper Market

Well, I had wanted to go to Kona. I really wanted the stuffed french toast. We even had a reservation to go. We planned to pay out of pocket. But after much debate, we thought we could get back to it next week since we were still staying another week (Don’t worry, there’s still a whole week to go before the review is over!), we cancelled to use our last counter service meal.

I had read many reviews and the whole trip in the back of my head I thought of Pepper Market as a possible place to go. Let us just say that if you can go, go! It was sooooo good. I had pizza and it was really good, I had been craving pizza all week so this hit the spot. The worst part about this place is that there’s so much on the menu picking just one thing is hard!

My pizza. We got there as they were switching from breakfast to lunch, and I was the first to get this. I don’t know if that helped get me special attention, but this was nice and fresh. I was afraid at first because I saw the CM making my pizza roll the dough in corn meal. I’m not used to that. Then I saw her put a lot of cheese on there and gave it a chance. It was way better than I thought it would be.

Disney2008vol1515-1.jpg

Jason here. I wound up with the fish tacos but could have gotten any number of other things. I was surprised by how much food there was, a whole extra plate of rice and beans! I was also pleasantly surprised that there was one than one type of fish in my taco. I think I had at least two kinds of white fish, salmon, and even a few pieces of catfish. Check out the pictures, there’s enough for three good sized tacos plus that bean plate.

Disney2008vol1514-1.jpg

Wait, we have to get dessert too! They have a whole station for desserts. We settled on these. I think I liked this more than Cathy.

Disney2008vol1517-1.jpg

Day 5
Ok, well we left the world today to go to cocoa beach. Don't worry we returned the next day. After Pepper Market, we went to Downtown Disney to use our snack credits. We got several make your own treats at Goofy's. I also got cotton candy (that was so good) and some fudge.

We then drove to Cocoa Beach for the night. This was the worst part of our vacation. Even though this is a dining review and not a full trip report, just a preview of how bad: we checked into our hotel and the room was dirty, had not been cleaned from the previous guests, and we had got lost going to Cocoa. As you can imagine, we were tired and crabby and in great need of a nap. Imagine the joy of opening the door after carrying/dragging our luggage to the room to find it so gross you couldn't possibly stay. I called the front desk, and they said they would switch rooms.

At this point, I was crying and Jason is on the phone trying to get us a room back at POP (I'm never leaving Disney World again!). Well, they upgraded us to the other hotel on site. (It was a Super 8/Ramada). It was better, but not much.

Ok, so on to the food review. We went to the mall and decided to eat at the food court. We both went to Flamers, a burger joint. We used to have these in St. Louis, but not any more, so I was excited to eat here. Their burgers were usually really good. We ordered our food, and Jason got all of his food but the man asked me to speak to the cashier. She said that they found roaches by the meat, and they could not give me my burger. Great, par for the day. The food was yuck worst of the trip. (My food was actually good. I thought it was hilarious that roaches meant no hamburger, but they expected me to eat my food. I was fine with that because I'm a really non-picky eater. I had chicken strips that were dipped in buffalo sauce. Really spicy and really good.)

No pictures, but look out, here we come Disney! Another week of reviews to follow. Hope everyone is enjoying this. We are having fun writing this and then our trip review, stay tuned.

Cathy (with Jason)

Great report! I had not checked in a few days and come back to find CM, Akerus and Pepper Market, three of my picks! Ewww about the hotel room and roaches at the food court.

Day 7

We went to the beach and after twenty minutes we were done. I was ready to get back to the World. We stopped at Burger King and got burgers. We had a coupon and a gift card so this meal was free.

We then went back to the World (Yay!) and checked into Old Key West then headed to Magic Kingdom. We ate dinner at Peco bill's. I was hurt after Big Thunder Mountain. It threw me back against the seat and hurt my back, so I needed to sit and rest. (I love this ride but Cathy thinks it's dumb. Guess I'm never riding this with her again).

Peco Bills was right there, so that's where we ate. It was on our maybe list, so we figured why not. I got a burger and fries with a good cheese sauce. (Nothing makes Cathy happier than cheese sauce) Right after we were seated a bad storm came along and boy did the place fill up. The food was nothing special, but the toppings were nice and so was the cheese sauce. I did get an extra burger. I ordered a burger and fries but only got a burger. I thought they'd just through some fries in with it but gave me a whole new burger and fries basket. :confused3

After that, we decided that we were going to get some of the planned snacks for dessert. The Dole Whip float was good, but on the first drink the juice was warm. I thought it was just good, probably would not buy one. (I would, it was awesome!)

Later while waiting for Spectromagic to start we had the ice cream sandwich from Main Street Bakery. The best dessert I had on the trip, yumo!

Jason's BBQ Pork sandwich with all the yucky stuff:
Disney2008vol1557-1.jpg

Cathy's burger, and the extra burger we got, plus a lot of that extra cheese sauce:
Disney2008vol1559-1.jpg

The Dole whip (Yum!):
Disney2008vol1560-1.jpg

The ice cream sandwich. Couldn't decide between the chocolate chip or the sugar cookie, so we got one of each!
Disney2008vol1565-1.jpg

Very fun thread! Enjoying your dual food descriptions and pics. Boma pics were appreciated-have ADRs for our first night and cannot wait!

when we were at POP last year, i had the chicken alfredo three times too... it was good and a good value...

you were able to use up your snack credits at Goofy's ? we werent able to find stuff we liked there on the ddp and opted to use our snack credits at pop instead

thanks for the reviews

when we were at POP last year, i had the chicken alfredo three times too... it was good and a good value...

you were able to use up your snack credits at Goofy's ? we werent able to find stuff we liked there on the ddp and opted to use our snack credits at pop instead

thanks for the reviews

The create your own snacks, except for the apple, were snack credits. AWESOME!

Quick one at Disneyquest Foodquest

So we had some time at Disneyquest after a morning at Blizzard Beach. We grabbed some food there. Last time we were there we really liked it, but they've changed ownership and it seems to have dipped in quality.

It was still pretty good though. I was the good husband and agreed to order a bunch or food we could split. We had a cheeseburger, nachos and a hot dog with cheese sauce. It's nothing fancy, but Cathy likes it that way. If you're at DisneyQuest, it's not overly expensive and it's pretty good quality.

Hot dog and nachos:
Disney2008vol2001.jpg

Burger (yucky stuff on the side)
Disney2008vol2002.jpg

Really enjoying the reviews!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Sorry about your experience at Cocoa Beach!!

Thank you for posting!

Day 9

Since we were staying at Old Key West with a full kitchen, we went to buy a few groceries. We heard not to buy them at the crossroads (Goodings) after the fact. Not really knowing our way or any better, that is where we ended up. We decided to get some lunch and went into this pizza place to get a pizza. The name was Flippers Pizza.

Wow is all I can say, it was good! Now listen up folks, they deliver to the Disney resorts. We had Disney pizza delivery two years ago, and it was terrible. This was so much better and the best part is they served Pepsi products. I’m a huge Diet Pepsi fan and only getting Diet Coke in the World was killing me.

(My version is that this place was awesome! I knew it was going to be good because we walked in and two cast members were in there having lunch. They looked like more corporate types, too. I figure if they’re heading here it’s got to be good. They definitely had a subtle twinge of annoyance because we had Disney shirts on. I’m sure they were looking to get away from the tourists.)

I also have to mention the service here. Our waitress was wonderful. She was very helpful and took great care of us. On to the food!

The cheese garlic bread. This was very good and the marinara sauce made it really special. We both really liked this.
Disney2008vol2016.jpg

The pizza, pepperoni and meatball. Yum Yum Yum!
Disney2008vol2017.jpg

The calzone, pepperoni and bacon. We split everything and loved everything. We would recommend this place to anyone. Especially considering they deliver. Good value and great food.
Disney2008vol2018.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter