Pooh-sized couple dining through Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving your reviews - Boma looks great, we really must get around to trying it one day.

I'm very much enjoying this review!! Everything looks so wonderful and I'm so happy to hear about Pop!! Again, great review!:thumbsup2

Tell Cathy that we (Dh and I) thought it was BLECH and we went into it with open minds and tried everything....the only thing we liked was the falafel balls and the banana bread pudding with the 2 sauces....so she isnt alone out there!

Day 3
This is a special day because it’s Cathy’s birthday! Yay!

Yes she picked two characters meals for this day. I think she liked them all fawning over her. Here’s Cathy:

1900 Park Faire

I loved this place! The omelet was so good. Now, I am not what you call a omelet type of person. Too much yucky stuff. These were really good. The strawberry soup was great, and the character interaction was neat. (I’m good at getting the characters going.)

This was my birthday so Jason got not one, but two cakes. (Because I’m awesome) They looked so beautiful! The castle was smaller than the other pictures on here seem, but I got the cheesecake and it was soooo good. The Cinderella shoe was very pretty. I wasn’t crazy about the mousse in the shoe, but the chocolate mousse next to it was to die for. Of course, after a buffet I was too full to eat any of it, so we packed it up and ate it the next day.

Overall, I would rate this place high, a must do.

We got here earlier than expected because our pictures (that was also really amazing, but that’s another story) were at 8:30 and dining reservation was at 10:20. I must say we got in early to every reservation we had but never had trouble getting seated.

On to the pictures!

Getting ready to be spoiled:
Disney2008vol1287-1.jpg

Photo of my autographed mat:
Disney2008vol1288-1.jpg

My good omelet and my favorite meat, Bacon!
Disney2008vol1293-1.jpg

Jason’s first plate
Disney2008vol1292-1.jpg

Some of the good stuff:
Disney2008vol1294-1.jpg

(The birthday princess getting fawned over)
Disney2008vol1296-1.jpg

(Cathy had no idea she was getting these. Her reaction)
Disney2008vol1297-1.jpg

Close up of the castle:
Disney2008vol1298-1.jpg

Close up of the slipper:
Disney2008vol1304-1.jpg

Jason with Tigger:
Disney2008vol1301-1.jpg

The yummy strawberry soup:
Disney2008vol1306-1.jpg

Cathy with Mary Poppins:
Disney2008vol1307-1.jpg

Jason with Mary Poppins after she complimented him on his choice of cakes:
Disney2008vol1308-1.jpg

Alice with Cathy:
Disney2008vol1310-1.jpg

No picture of Alice with Jason (She was great though. She also loved my cakes and was very playful.)

Pooh and Cathy:
Disney2008vol1311-1.jpg

Pooh with Jason (I love Pooh!):
Disney2008vol1312-1.jpg

The Mad Hatter and Cathy:
Disney2008vol1315-1.jpg

Mad Hatter with Jason: (The highlight of this meal for me. He was awesome and made fun of my spiky hair and everything. I hope they pay this guy well.)
Disney2008vol1316-1.jpg

Character pictures are adorable!

Looks like you're both having a ball eating all that food, WOW!

I could not figure out that watermelon salad :confused3 what exactly was that???

Character pictures are adorable!

Looks like you're both having a ball eating all that food, WOW!

I could not figure out that watermelon salad :confused3 what exactly was that???

It's watermelon rind salad, so they slice the watermelon rind ultra thin and then there's a dressing that is surprisingly sweet but also sour.

thanks so much for such a great review....I enjoyed it all and can hardly wait for our trip ........thanks again

It's watermelon rind salad, so they slice the watermelon rind ultra thin and then there's a dressing that is surprisingly sweet but also sour.

Thanks for info, never heard of it but would definitely try it!

Really like your thread!

Chef Mickey's

This day was so awesome! We were at Animal Kingdom for extra magic hours and left a little early for Chef Mickey's dinner. It was amazing how perfect everything was. We got to Contemporary right as the fireworks started, so we sat in the car to watch. Perfect ending to a perfect day. But there’s more!

We went into Chef Mickey to eat. Good food! I know I am picky, but they had this broccoli with feta cheese and black olives on it, so good! (I was amazed she tried this, let alone liked it) The mashed potatoes were really good and the chicken strips were great. I really enjoyed eating here.
The characters were so cool and the desserts wonderful.

All in all this day was so my favorite eating day, plus I got spoiled. Definitely would do both of these two again. Maybe switch and do CM for breakfast and 1900 Park Faire for dinner.

On to the pictures by Jason,
Cathy’s opening plate, which finally looks like a full plate:
Disney2008vol1359-1.jpg

She liked this place so much she started with two plates!
Disney2008vol1360-1.jpg

Minnie stopped by just as I got back to the table.
Disney2008vol1358-1.jpg

Minnie really liked the shirts.
Disney2008vol1357-1.jpg

I also started with two plates, and they’re certainly manlier:
Disney2008vol1367-1.jpg

I know it sounds unlikely, but literally everything tasted great. I was extremely impressed here. I particularly loved the shrimp salad.

Then it was Goofy time. Cathy with Goofy:
Disney2008vol1362-1.jpg

Goofy is my favorite, so I was going crazy at this point.
Me freaking out:
Disney2008vol1363-1.jpg

Me with my dream date, sorry Cathy:
Disney2008vol1364-1.jpg

Cathy with Donald:
Disney2008vol1374-1.jpg

Me with Donald, he really liked me because I told him he was a better cook than Mickey:
Disney2008vol1376-1.jpg

Cathy with Mickey, her favorite here:
Disney2008vol1378-1.jpg

Me with Mickey:
Disney2008vol1379-1.jpg

Did you think I was done eating? This food was so good I even had to hit the kid’s stuff!
Disney2008vol1381-1.jpg

Cathy and Pluto:
Disney2008vol1382-1.jpg

Pluto is my second favorite and I really thought he was good.
Disney2008vol1383-1.jpg

Time for dessert. Cathy’s plate:
Disney2008vol1385-1.jpg

My plate(s):
Disney2008vol1386-1.jpg

All of this was really good. The brownie was awesome. Notice me hitting the fruit hard again.

Cathy, sad because this cupcake didn’t live up to this morning’s birthday surprise:
Disney2008vol1389-1.jpg

The cupcake might have been good but Chef Mickey had way too many desserts that were better. We don’t’ have picture of all the candy we got. Reese’s pieces, really good granola with lots of dried fruit, gummi bears and a lot more. They also have really good cookies. I’m ashamed to say we had our back with us with zip-locs, and I filled one with a bunch of stuff. Cathy was so embarrassed.

Glad to hear Cathy had a happy birthday. It's so nice to hear a positive review of CM dinner. It gets such negative reviews here. We plan on doing CM for dinner for our first night and now I can't wait. LOL. Was that prime rib on one of the plates? I have been hearing some reports that they took the prime rib away.

Can't wait to read the rest.

Loralie

Yum yum! :goodvibes

But you two aren't pooh sized!!! False advertising! You're lovely normal folk!

I look forward to reading more!

The food at Disney is an important question.. We want to make our time memorable. We would love to make our stay worthy and quality food is most important. It is heartening to know that we will be provided good food.

Day 4
Akershaus

Well, this was our last table service meal during free dining. :sad:

Akershaus had a line when we got there. Mary Poppins was outside Akershaus and she had a nice line herself. I just liked getting to see her. Waiting to get in, we were amazed to see how often the cast members would come out and yell a name, but no one would come. The poor cast members had to hunt some of these people down. It was very rude to me.

Once we got in, we first had our picture taken with Belle. It was cool that she didn't like my shirt! She said she must have got it out of Jasmine's closet. (See the pictures to see why.) We received an 8x10 and two smaller pictures. It was nice, but we'd have rather been able to use Photopass.

After that, we were seated to eat, and the place looked nice. For this meal, they bring a platter with eggs, sausage, and potatoes. I didn't like the potatoes; they had onions in it. (Onion is a dirty word in Cathy's world) They also have a cold buffet. The meal was OK, but nothing special. The characters were ok, only Aurora, Jasimne, and Mulan (I loved the characters. Aurora is my favortie princess, Mulan was cool, and Jasmine, well, look at the pictures. I am a guy.) The lighting coming into the dinnig room from the windows made pictures diffucult from our table.

My rating: If you have girls, this would be neat, espicially with the pictures being included. The other buffet had better food for me and better character interaction.

Pictures by Jason

Plate from the buffet:
Disney2008vol1400-1.jpg

Jason's plate with Smoked salmon, herring, and capers. (Yuck! I couldn't even look at his plate.)
Disney2008vol1401-1.jpg

The hot breakfast plate:
Disney2008vol1402-1.jpg

Cathy with Aurora (milking the birthday pin too):
Disney2008vol1403-1.jpg

Me with Aurora, my favorite princess!
Disney2008vol1405-1.jpg

Cathy with Jasmine (this place is for kids?)
Disney2008vol1413-1.jpg

Me with Mulan. I wasn't expecting to see her, which made it neat.
Disney2008vol1409-1.jpg

Our waitress noticed Cathy's pin, then asked me privately if she minded if they sang. Nice touch, and I said yes figuring it would serve her right for trying to have two birthdays. Then, they brought her a cake and sang Happy Birthday in Norwegian! It was amazing, the coolest thing about this place. Obviously, there's no guarantee they'd do it for everyone, but still a neat thing.

Disney2008vol1416-1.jpg

Cathy getting a card, and a good look at her shirt.

POP

Again

Ok so we loved the POP Cafeteria! This was our third time. I got the chicken alfredo again too. I reallllly like this meal and for dessert, well, someone told us about the sundae bar.

UH. OH. This happened:
Disney2008vol1457-1.jpg

The food
Jason had Nachos, good but nothing special:
Disney2008vol1455-1.jpg

Cathy's alfredo again, it really is good.
Disney2008vol1456-1.jpg

Close up on a sundae:
Disney2008vol1458-1.jpg

You may have noticed that we have not talked about our snacks on the DDP, you know the ones we planned for so long, and knew exaactly what we wre going to get. (We had a spreadsheet!) Well, we didn't get any of them. Not once did a snack cross our mind because we were so full all the time.

On the last day, back to Goofy's! We used all our snack credits there.

Next: Our last DDP Meal

Love the POP food reviews, we are planning on staying there for a few nights in Oct and dinner there looks really good!

Looks like you guys ate really well. We'll be staying at Pop and now I know for sure that I'm going to have to plan to eat there at least a couple of times. The chicken alfredo does look quite yummy. What is this sundae bar? Is that a dessert on the DDP or a snack credit? I know my boys will be wanting to make their own sundaes every day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter