Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
From everyone I know who have had both shots of Pfizer and Moderna , the second shot made them sick , and the first is apparently worse with Astra Zeneca . This was from a group of nurses in the US. So you don’t necessarily escape feeling crappy no matter what you get .

Agreed. Anyone wishing they waited for pfyser because of side effects with AZ, could have gotten the same side effects with the second dose of pfyser.

I got AZ and I just got a mild headache and low grade fever for a few hours. Next day I was just tired.

I've read a lot of things about reactions. Nobody really knows but here are some hypothesis.

1. Strong reaction means you have previously had covid.

2. Strong reaction means you would have reacted severely if you actually contracted covid.

3. Strong reaction means your body is creating a strong antibody response.

4. Reactions are totally random with no rhyme or reason and do not reflect any specific antibody response

My husband and I had no effects but we have a friend who had a fever of 41 with it!!!

I figure even if reacting to AZ first dose has nothing to do with an actual antibody or covid-specific response, it at least means my immune system is able to recognize "you put something in me that is foreign and I am going to do something about that". Which I figure is probably a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

The "covid arm" response I could have done without though ;-) That's just more reminder I have whacky allergies :-)

SW

I figure even if reacting to AZ first dose has nothing to do with an actual antibody or covid-specific response, it at least means my immune system is able to recognize "you put something in me that is foreign and I am going to do something about that". Which I figure is probably a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

The "covid arm" response I could have done without though ;-) That's just more reminder I have whacky allergies :-)

SW
My environmental allergies are off the charts, I had to carry around a box of kleenex and a bag with me during haying season (went to school in a rural area) and again in the spring when things burst open, couldn't ever cut the grass and I was miserable in musty/humid situations. I went thru YEARS of shots and now, almost 30 years later, when spring rolls around I get hives in the exact area of my arm where those danged things went .. looks ridiculous to have one huge hive on both arms. If i eat the wrong thing that's one of my symptoms as well, my body is weird :P

I got Moderna. About 20 hours after vaccination had a number of mild symptoms: chills, low grade fever, mild headache, fatigue (slept 2 hours), nauseous. Lasted from noon until I went to bed - with a Tylenol. Next morning felt 100%

I anticipated that I might have side effects as I had Covid about a month earlier. All in all, side effects to vaccine weren't too bad at all.

My husband and I just got the pfizer vaccine this morning. My arm is a bit sore, I feel a bit nauseous and I am tired - although my son waking me up at 4:30am may be contributing to that. We will see how the night/morning goes, but I am just happy to have the first one done.

i am schedule for my first shot on May 15th i am hoping for the Pfizer or Moderna i was told i have a chose once i show up.

my wife is getting her second shot of Pfizer tomorrow. she had no effects from the first shot but i keep hearing the second once is worse

I got Moderna...My age group is not eligible yet, but a few weeks ago I had called all the pharmacies in town to get on their wait list in case they ever had an extra dose at the end of the day. I got a call on Tuesday that they had an extra dose and I RACED to the pharmacy ... it was like I had won the lotto!! They told me I will get my second dose in 94 days, or sooner if they get an influx of vaccines. One step closer to Disney!

I got my appointment!!!!! May 18th at 11:35 am!!!! Don't know which vaccine they will have but I don't really care I'll use my sick days I haven't had to use in over a year because I haven't been sick. Mum (73) had Pfizer no side effects, sister(41) had Moderna with sore arm, and exhaustion for 24hrs after.

I am hopeful my age group will open for booking by the end of this week. Dr. Strang hinted that since there are many open Pfizer spots right now, they will likely reevaluate and open the next group in the next few days. I am hoping by Friday I can book.

I changed my vote from still waiting to Pfizer, even though I am still waiting, but my appointment is booked for May 21! I am in southern Manitoba, and the supersite is opening in my city (Steinbach) next week on the 18th, and the minute I could book for my age range I did.

i had pfizer. my arm was sore for about a day. plus my neck was very tender (swollen lymph node?).

but some symptoms are such a small price to pay for protection!

second shot isn’t booked yet, and i’m hoping it’ll be sooner than 4 months. we’ll see a bit later in the summer.

each vaccine is a reason to celebrate! let’s see tons of shots in arms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter