Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
My daughter and husband had their Pfizer shots already, as did my Dad and Uncle.

I'm scheduled for Sunday (50+ group) and my son for the 22nd (16+ group 2 restaurant worker). Probably Pfizer, but it might be Moderna.

It's actually higher than that. There's a news article I read today that says "In announcing its suspension, Ontario said it now believes the VITT incident rate is roughly 1 in 60,000 shots administered - a rate that is much higher than the figure previously cited by Health Canada."

Personally, I believe the real rate is even higher.

Honestly, when I read about all the European countries who were suspending and/or cancelling the AstraZeneca shot I was upset to find Canada was not going to stop it. It's my belief Canada pushed it (and possibly lied) from the get-go because the government couldn't obtain other shots in large quanities quick enough and they could get their hands on AZ because few other countries wanted it. Canada was desperate to get vaccines here and probably hoped the VITT incident rate would not be an issue.

Let’s please not get political or this thread will get shut down too.

By the way, I don't know if anyone saw this in the news but it may be of interest for parents of teens. It was announced that children aged 12-17 in Ontario will be eligible to receive the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine beginning May 31.

My son is already booked to receive his, as a restaurant worker, but I know other parents who were happy to hear this. I hope this info helps some of you.

Last edited:
By the way, I don't know if anyone saw this in the news but it may be of interest for parents of teens. It was announced that children aged 12-17 will be eligible to receive the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine beginning May 31.

My son is already booked to receive his, as a restaurant worker, but I know other parents who were happy to hear this. I hope this info helps some of you.
In Ontario, yes. And AB has already started bookings. Here in BC they have yet to announce a plan though details should be coming out next week.....

By the way, I don't know if anyone saw this in the news but it may be of interest for parents of teens. It was announced that children aged 12-17 will be eligible to receive the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine beginning May 31.

We actually received an email this afternoon from our region‘s chief medical officer advising us that the Ontario provincial plan is to have BOTH doses to be completed for this age group by the end of August.

We actually received an email this afternoon from our region‘s chief medical officer advising us that the Ontario provincial plan is to have BOTH doses to be completed for this age group by the end of August.
That’s wonderful news. Hopefully teachers, custodial staff, and anyone else that’s likely to be physically in schools come September will also be prioritized and have both doses by August.

Got my pfizer shot yesterday. I was SOOOO happy. I just want life to get back to normal. Every shot in an arm moves us closer to that goal. My personal goal is to get to be able to travel to Disney. I miss it so much. This is the longest in a decade that I've gone without a visit to see Mickey.

Got my pfizer shot yesterday. I was SOOOO happy. I just want life to get back to normal. Every shot in an arm moves us closer to that goal. My personal goal is to get to be able to travel to Disney. I miss it so much. This is the longest in a decade that I've gone without a visit to see Mickey.
Me too.

Changed my vote today. Got my Pfizer shot April 27. No effects thankfully. Now both my boys will be of age to receive theirs and I have to say I'm a bit hesitant. I know it's for the good, and I was fine with mine. But I'm feeling real different about the kids, who have had all their vax done.

I'll get over it, but will wait to sign them up for a bit, as they are not at school or really go anywhere.

Last edited:
It's actually higher than that. There's a news article I read today that says "In announcing its suspension, Ontario said it now believes the VITT incident rate is roughly 1 in 60,000 shots administered - a rate that is much higher than the figure previously cited by Health Canada."

Personally, I believe the real rate is even higher.

Honestly, when I read about all the European countries who were suspending and/or cancelling the AstraZeneca shot I was upset to find Canada was not going to stop it. It's my belief Canada pushed it (and possibly lied) from the get-go because the government couldn't obtain other shots in large quanities quick enough and they could get their hands on AZ because few other countries wanted it. Canada was desperate to get vaccines here and probably hoped the VITT incident rate would not be an issue.
I have felt that way from day one of the vaccine roll out.

I still am a little bitter about that fact...and with pressure being put on the federal government about timelines or key points about how to restart out country again or what their plans are...and it's nothing but crickets. That says VOLUMES!!!!

I guess we will really see if there is " enough " AstraZenneca to give everyone who got their first shot to get their second one, as was stated on the news this morning. This is turning into such a circus. I am hoping to get my second shot of AstraZenneca. At this point, I will remain skeptical until I actually am sitting to receive the shot. but then again....I'm a Generation X....we were just expected to " suck it up " and deal with what was expected of you. So we will keep on keeping on ;)

I still am a little bitter about that fact...and with pressure being put on the federal government about timelines or key points about how to restart out country again or what their plans are...and it's nothing but crickets. That says VOLUMES!!!!

I guess we will really see if there is " enough " AstraZenneca to give everyone who got their first shot to get their second one, as was stated on the news this morning. This is turning into such a circus. I am hoping to get my second shot of AstraZenneca. At this point, I will remain skeptical until I actually am sitting to receive the shot. but then again....I'm a Generation X....we were just expected to " suck it up " and deal with what was expected of you. So we will keep on keeping on ;)
I am grateful to everyone that took the vaccine they were offered when it was their turn. The messaging around AZ has been confusing and upsetting. Personally I’d love to see anyone that had AZ for their first dose be offered the opportunity to take the second dose on the manufacturer’s recommended schedule, and not be forced to wait 4 months.

I am grateful to everyone that took the vaccine they were offered when it was their turn. The messaging around AZ has been confusing and upsetting. Personally I’d love to see anyone that had AZ for their first dose be offered the opportunity to take the second dose on the manufacturer’s recommended schedule, and not be forced to wait 4 months.
I am hoping that the little pharmacy where we went to get our shot...he said he would be calling in 8 weeks with out followup shot. So I guess we will see how this all works out!

Don't get me wrong...I am glad to have received our first shots, but just feel let down that I we had to take the " subpar " one with more risk and higher probability of side effects all in the name of the race to get everyone vaccinated. It is partially due to disorganization, as well as being supremely unprepared.

I am hoping that the little pharmacy where we went to get our shot...he said he would be calling in 8 weeks with out followup shot. So I guess we will see how this all works out!

Don't get me wrong...I am glad to have received our first shots, but just feel let down that I we had to take the " subpar " one with more risk and higher probability of side effects all in the name of the race to get everyone vaccinated. It is partially due to disorganization, as well as being supremely unprepared.
I understand. You are not alone on how you feel - a lot of my friends and relatives have expressed the same sentiment. Very valid feelings.
I hope you get the call from the pharmacy soon!

Dr. Henry said yesterday that BC was holding all available AZ vaccines for those of us who have already had our first AZ shot and that no more 1st doses of it would be given out at this time.

I really hope this means that our second shot will be moved up.

They also announced yesterday that the second case of VITT has been identified in BC but I can't seem to find out how many AZ vaccines have been given out in BC to date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter