Podcast cruise from another podcast!

I'm going to Lou's Adventurers Club event in September. Hopefully I will have a good time. I have never been to anything that Lou has hosted. But I just had to see the Adventurers Club one more time.

Now why doesn't that surprise me???:confused3:goodvibes:hug:

I disagree. Both Lou Mongello (WDW Radio Show podcast) and Paul Barrie (A Window to the Magic podcast) have tried to do cruises in the past with Disney legends. Due to scheduling conflicts, I think Lou's cruise a couple years ago couldn't get the special guest, and due to the economy, Paul's cruise scheduled for later this month was canceled, but the land portion is going on the last weekend of this month.

Both cruises were planned before podcast cruise 1.0 left port.

However, I'm sure by now a lot of people realize how successful the DIS cruise was and want a piece of the action. I'm not opposed to going on cruises with other communities, because the truth is, there is a LOT of overlapping in communities.

Before I got heavily into the DIS, I was pretty much into the RADP newsgroup and still have friends I met through them. I have a small contingent of Prodigy friends from WAY back, as well. And many of them have gone on to hosting sites and podcasts of their own, so I think the big family goes beyond the DIS.

If we're one big family, then the other overlapping communities are cousins. :)

How can you disagree with me, but post almost the exact same thing I said?

Ok, I'm gonna say it. I realize imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I really think he is just trying to "get in while the gettin' is good". He saw how successful the DIS cruise was and probably has seen the interest in 1.5 and 2.0 and trying to get a piece of the cake.

... And many of them have gone on to hosting sites and podcasts of their own, so I think the big family goes beyond the DIS.

If we're one big family, then the other overlapping communities are cousins. :)

I like this idea.

I like when podcasters and podcast listeners like, acknowledge, and respect each other.

And share cake and pie with everyone!

I like this idea.

I like when podcasters and podcast listeners like, acknowledge, and respect each other.

And share cake and pie with everyone!

cake-royale-series-usb-flash-drives.jpg

060725_pies_vlrg_6a.widec.jpg

5lb%20cookies_sm.jpg

I think it is great if other groups are hosting cruises. We all had so much fun, I'm sure other groups have fun when they get together, too. I say good for Lou, and I hope he has a good turnout. I personally won't go, but that's because Pete is trying to make me a poor woman as it is. I can't afford to add anymore to my list of "must-dos".

I personally won't go, but that's because Pete is trying to make me a poor woman as it is. I can't afford to add anymore to my list of "must-dos".

Can you imagine if we did every activity offered by all the podcasters?!

All the DIS events, Magic Meets, West Fest, Lou's meet of the month, something up in the northwest Seattle area, WDW Today meets in the parks, and many more I do not know about.

We would have no time or money at all for D23!

Can you imagine if we did every activity offered by all the podcasters?!

All the DIS events, Magic Meets, West Fest, Lou's meet of the month, something up in the northwest Seattle area, WDW Today meets in the parks, and many more I do not know about.

We would have no time or money at all for D23!

:lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl:

We would have empty wallets, but a heck of a lot of FUN!

I just wanted to chime in here with something important...

That Kool-Aid comment was HYSTERICAL.

That is all. ;)

How can you disagree with me, but post almost the exact same thing I said?

I didn't post the exact same thing. I posted that other groups have planned cruises before the DIS 1.0 cruise but had some issues. And now that it's public knowledge by now that the DIS cruise was successful, other podcasts will be more enthusiastic to plan their own now. And someone already mentioned that MouseFest has already done tons of cruises already, so it's not like they were trying to copy the DIS, either. So that's why I disagree with your original comment that the other podcasts are trying to get a piece of the action AFTER the DIS.

And the other communties do acknowledge each other. I heard the All About the Mouse podcast give a shout out to the DIS Unplugged as one of their many shout outs. Because I listen to so many podcasts, I do see that that most of them don't feel they're in competition with anyone else. They tend to be inclusive. But then again, I expect to see that with Disney fans! :grouphug:

For what it's worth, I feel I'm bonding at the DIS mostly because I'm here all the time. But if I posted to Lou's message boards, or Eric, Kathy and Dan's boards, or Dave and Jen's boards....you get the idea. You bond where you hang out the most. That's how I bonded with the Prodigy and RADP people, too.

Oh, I am jealous of tickledtink, though. I really miss the Adventurers Club and would have jumped at the chance to go to Lou's event if my work schedule didn't prohibit me.

I didn't post the exact same thing. I posted that other groups have planned cruises before the DIS 1.0 cruise but had some issues. And now that it's public knowledge by now that the DIS cruise was successful, other podcasts will be more enthusiastic to plan their own now. And someone already mentioned that MouseFest has already done tons of cruises already, so it's not like they were trying to copy the DIS, either. So that's why I disagree with your original comment that the other podcasts are trying to get a piece of the action AFTER the DIS.

I never said they were copying the DIS, I said they were trying to get a piece of the cake. You said they wanted a piece of the action. Isn't that the same thing?

I could care less that other groups are doing it, I just found the "timing" interesting.

I won't be doing that cruise. I have too many friends here who I'd rather cruise with. Just trying to be honest and open...Being part of this community I do feel like I'm part of one big family. :grouphug:

I'm such a BIG sap!!!

:)

Well said Aaron!:thumbsup2

Todd, would you please pass one of those delectible cookies my way :upsidedow

Todd, would you please pass one of those delectible cookies my way :upsidedow

I'll have Raul bring you one, post haste. Shall I have him bring you some bubbly? A delectable sweet cookie followed by a nice dry champagne..:goodvibes..brb...time to raid the liquor cabinet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter