Podcast cruise from another podcast!

Speaking of cruising with another podcast....another Disney Podcast just posted something on Facebook...

Ok, I'm gonna say it. I realize imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I really think he is just trying to "get in while the gettin' is good". He saw how successful the DIS cruise was and probably has seen the interest in 1.5 and 2.0 and trying to get a piece of the cake.

Someone other than Lou? It was his that made me start this thread.

No, I was referring to Lou.

Ok, I'm gonna say it. I realize imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I really think he is just trying to "get in while the gettin' is good". He saw how successful the DIS cruise was and probably has seen the interest in 1.5 and 2.0 and trying to get a piece of the cake.

:cake:? Did someone mention :cake:?:goodvibes I'll take a piece, please. :cake: that is, of course.

Is there such a thing as "podcast cruise" envy?

Or podcast cruise competition? I know competition is not the right word...

Lou Mongello is planning a cruise on the Disney Dream in 2011.

How many DISers have a foot in more than one podcast / more than one boat?

While I wouldn't go on this, I think its a great idea. Another podcast that I frequent is also talking about it. A fun way to get to know people. I'm sure many of us also spend time on other boards and/or podcasts.

If the price was right and it was a cruise I wanted to go on I would go. I don't listen to Lou's podcast but I do following him on Twitter.

I got an email the other day for a "Star Trek" cruise on RCCL. Can you imagine going on that cruise by accident? :rotfl:

Personally, I do not listen to any other Disney podcasts. I haven't had an interest. I'm fine with my DIS family here.

I like Nicole's analogy of a family reunion. I think that is just perfect to explain how everyone feels.

Except there are always a few family members I'd rather not see :rotfl: I wanna see all you guys :grouphug:

While I wouldn't go on this, I think its a great idea. Another podcast that I frequent is also talking about it. A fun way to get to know people. I'm sure many of us also spend time on other boards and/or podcasts.

:scared1: - never - except by accident :lmao:

I won't be doing that cruise. I have too many friends here who I'd rather cruise with. Just trying to be honest and open...Being part of this community I do feel like I'm part of one big family. :grouphug:

I'm such a BIG sap!!!

:)

I agree 100%. :grouphug:

I could not take Lou for more than a day. After listing to all the happy happy Disney never does wrong, everyone drinking the Disney Kool-Aid, I would jump off the ship in two days. :eek: :rotfl:

After listing to all the happy happy Disney never does wrong, everyone drinking the Disney Kool-Aid, I would jump off the ship in two days. :eek: :rotfl:

I think I'd just be looking for a way to spike the Kool-Aid ;). Then again, I probably wouldn't be on any cruise but a DIS Podcast cruise anyhow. I have a feeling this group would probably be much more welcoming and fun.

While I *do* listen to another WDW podcast, I've not had the Lou experience, and I'm really quite ok with that.

I think I'd just be looking for a way to spike the Kool-Aid ;). Then again, I probably wouldn't be on any cruise but a DIS Podcast cruise anyhow. I have a feeling this group would probably be much more welcoming and fun.

While I *do* listen to another WDW podcast, I've not had the Lou experience, and I'm really quite ok with that.

That's a good idea! :lmao: :lmao:

You have a great attitude. Thanks. Can't wait to meet you on PCC 2.0.

Maybe I listen to "too many" Disney podcasts. I am not particularly loyal to any one of them.

Pete and crew give counter-balance to Lou, other podcasts are somewhere in the middle.

Lou somehow has connections to get some great interviews and I appreciate that.

If I had the time and the money, I’d hop on board with other groups for cruises or meets. Lou is doing an Adventures Club meet in September that sounded like a lot of fun.

I think all the podcasters I listen to are a friendly bunch. Many are friendly and connected with each other, which is cool.

Wow, how great of Lou to dream big and put it out there! :thumbsup2

Wonder what the podcast team has planned for 3.0 :rolleyes:...my guess is it's on the new ship (or :idea: maybe it's the repositioning cruise of the Wonder). If anyone could secure space on the inaugural cruise, I'd say Pete's the guy to pull it off! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'd so be there! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,
:flower3:

I don't think 3.0 will be on the Wonder's repositioning cruise or on the Dream's inaugural cruise in January or February 2011 because it's too soon after the Podcast cruise in December 2010.

I've been on the DIS for 10+ years, and this is where I spend most of my Disney-surfing time. I have listened to only one DIS podcast, and I couldn't tell you when that was! I booked the Podcast cruise 2.0 because it's a DIS cruise, but I have no objections to going on another group's cruise, as I'm doing in Dec. 2009 with a friend.

I also listen to a number of Disney Podcasts- and I enjoy the different styles.

I know that many of Lou's listeners have been asking for a cruise, and so now he is looking into it. It is not necessarily the Inaugural sailing of the Dream, but that is one of the date options in his interest poll. And that's all he has going right now- an interest poll. No dates, no prices- nothing yet.

I will be attending Magic Meets once again in a couple of weeks. I really enjoy how so many of the different Disney web sites, authors and podcasters all get together to share their information and love of all things Disney with everyone. It's a great weekend party of 500 fellow Disney-files!

There are always trips and events being planned with many of the different groups or different combinations of them. Adventures by Disney, various meets in WDW or DL- they all have their own groups and personalities.

But I am very much looking forward to the DIS Podcast Cruise 2.0! For us, this is a while new bunch of friends we haven't met yet! :lovestruc

I disagree. Both Lou Mongello (WDW Radio Show podcast) and Paul Barrie (A Window to the Magic podcast) have tried to do cruises in the past with Disney legends. Due to scheduling conflicts, I think Lou's cruise a couple years ago couldn't get the special guest, and due to the economy, Paul's cruise scheduled for later this month was canceled, but the land portion is going on the last weekend of this month.

Both cruises were planned before podcast cruise 1.0 left port.

However, I'm sure by now a lot of people realize how successful the DIS cruise was and want a piece of the action. I'm not opposed to going on cruises with other communities, because the truth is, there is a LOT of overlapping in communities.

Before I got heavily into the DIS, I was pretty much into the RADP newsgroup and still have friends I met through them. I have a small contingent of Prodigy friends from WAY back, as well. And many of them have gone on to hosting sites and podcasts of their own, so I think the big family goes beyond the DIS.

If we're one big family, then the other overlapping communities are cousins. :)

Maybe I listen to "too many" Disney podcasts. I am not particularly loyal to any one of them.

Pete and crew give counter-balance to Lou, other podcasts are somewhere in the middle.

Lou somehow has connections to get some great interviews and I appreciate that.

If I had the time and the money, I’d hop on board with other groups for cruises or meets. Lou is doing an Adventures Club meet in September that sounded like a lot of fun.

I think all the podcasters I listen to are a friendly bunch. Many are friendly and connected with each other, which is cool.

I'm going to Lou's Adventurers Club event in September. Hopefully I will have a good time. I have never been to anything that Lou has hosted. But I just had to see the Adventurers Club one more time.

I would go on a cruise with WDW Today if they every did one. I really like their podcast too. I also listen to a few other podcasts and enjoy the different styles. I am very loyal to the DIS thou. I don't post on other sites. I have a hard time keeping up over here, FaceBook, and Twitter.

I don't think 3.0 will be on the Wonder's repositioning cruise or on the Dream's inaugural cruise in January or February 2011 because it's too soon after the Podcast cruise in December 2010.

I've been on the DIS for 10+ years, and this is where I spend most of my Disney-surfing time. I have listened to only one DIS podcast, and I couldn't tell you when that was! I booked the Podcast cruise 2.0 because it's a DIS cruise, but I have no objections to going on another group's cruise, as I'm doing in Dec. 2009 with a friend.

:worship: I just looked at your post count! :worship: now I don't feel bad about being wrong :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

cheers,
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter