Podcast cruise from another podcast!

mainegal

<font color=purple>I am becoming very good at maki
Is there such a thing as "podcast cruise" envy?

Or podcast cruise competition? I know competition is not the right word...

Lou Mongello is planning a cruise on the Disney Dream in 2011.

How many DISers have a foot in more than one podcast / more than one boat?

I think Lou might have cruise envy if he knew how many people were booked on the DIS cruise. I know he did try to do a cruise a couple years ago with Margaret Kerry (Tinkerbell model), but I'm not sure if it happened or not.

I would love to do on the Disney Dream, but I don't know how realistic it would be to shoot for the inaugural cruise or shortly thereafter. I couldn't see DCL offering group space or discounts on it.

I was wondering about this when I heard about the cruise they did as part of Mousefest last Dec.

Did anyone go on this? If so how many people were there? Did the offer similar things to Dreams Unlimited? (not exactly the same things but seminars and state room gifts for example)

The mousefest cruise is there already a few years so that was there first....
They always had a group far under 100 people so what we did was new, the first time ever such a big group.....

At a mousefest cruise there are no such specials and extras as we have had.
There where only meets with other mousefesters but no seminars or that kind of stuff.

Never done it myself but this is what i have understood from different stories...

I would love to do on the Disney Dream, but I don't know how realistic it would be to shoot for the inaugural cruise or shortly thereafter. I couldn't see DCL offering group space or discounts on it.

I agree. I would love to go on on to. (Especially if it was with this group of people.) However, I also think that trying to get group pricing on an inaugural cruise would be next to impossible. (Hmmm...they have done what we thought was impossible before.....)

I won't be doing that cruise. I have too many friends here who I'd rather cruise with. Just trying to be honest and open...Being part of this community I do feel like I'm part of one big family. :grouphug:

I'm such a BIG sap!!!

:)

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/special_disney_events/mousefest/

Deb Wills from AllEars.net has a blog that contains Mousefest activities from 2007 and 2008. You can read and see photos of what they did. There were some special Mousefest events.

Thanks for this, I think I spotted Yvette and Emeil from lasts years Mousefest - the party at the Props place? and it looked like Aaron (ADP) was at Mousefest 101 :thumbsup2

Didn't sound half as good tho ;) I couldn't see a lime green mickey head anywhere :scared1:

Didn't realise Lee Cockrel was at the Mega Mouse Meet! I'm glad we got some quality time with him or OUR cruise :goodvibes

Didn't realise Lee Cockrell was at the Mega Mouse Meet! I'm glad we got some quality time with him or OUR cruise :goodvibes

I missed Lee Cockerell at the Mega Mouse Meet, I think I was too late. And I didn't get to go on the cruise.

Haven't read the book yet. Have followed the blog at http://www.leecockerell.com/

Can't wait to see him in person on PCC 2.0!

I won't be doing that cruise. I have too many friends here who I'd rather cruise with. Just trying to be honest and open...Being part of this community I do feel like I'm part of one big family. :grouphug:

I'm such a BIG sap!!!

I feel the same way - even though I've never had the opportunity to meet all of you in person, I feel like this is my one true DIS - family. :love:
Eventhough I listen to quite a few other Disney related podcasts the DIS is the only one I feel any kind of alliance to. :thumbsup2

I'm such a BIG sap!!!

Exactly. that would be like going to someone else's family reunion.

Mousefest photo's from Deb Wills site:

mf0821.jpg

Aaron

mf0835.jpg

Aaron and Kimberly

mf0836.jpg

Me (wth the backpack, it lookes like ii'm going to kiss him, but i'm not!!!)

mf0837.jpg

Emiel

mf0896.jpg

Dagny (in the middle)

mf08108.jpg

Dagny again

Is there such a thing as "podcast cruise" envy?

Or podcast cruise competition? I know competition is not the right word...

Lou Mongello is planning a cruise on the Disney Dream in 2011.

How many DISers have a foot in more than one podcast / more than one boat?

So will you be going?

I read the Disney Dream is supposed to have another 2 decks :scared1: You'd need a pretty big group to get noticed on a ship that size.

Yvet - thanks for the pictures, I didn't spot all the Disers :rotfl:

So will you be going too? I'd love to do a 7 night one day - hopefully 3.0 ;)

After I booked the Podcast cruise for 2010, the friend I asked to be my roommate was already considering [what was to have been] the MouseFest cruise for this December - so I'm going on that cruise with her. The group organizing that cruise is also doing activities at WDW the same days as DAP - so I may be dividing my time between Disney groups. Or - I may spend all of my time watching Off Kilter! :love:

No, I very much doubt that I will go on the Disney Dream.

Last year at this time I was only a podcast listener. I used the boards for trip planning, not socializing. I totally tuned out all the DisUnplugged podcast talk about the podcast cruise. I never dreamed I would ever go on a Disney cruise - Mousefest, Dis, or on my own. And here I am, planning on a Disney Cruise in December 2010!

As for dividing time between Disney groups - I think we will be surprised how many meet-ups will be happening during the time that would have been Mousefest. I guess it is a weekend with a life of its own, even without the Mousefest name.

I would not be surprised if Podcast 3.0, assuming there is one, was on one of the new ships. Just guessing here!!! No matter what.. that would be a long time off. Got to get to 2.0 first!!!

Mark

I would not be surprised if Podcast 3.0, assuming there is one, was on one of the new ships. Just guessing here!!! No matter what.. that would be a long time off. Got to get to 2.0 first!!!

Mark

Paraphrased from the mouth of Kevin/John during chat one night. 'PCC 3.0 is going to be bigger than 1.0 and 2.0 combined. Its going to be something DCL hasn't done before.'

Personally, I do not listen to any other Disney podcasts. I haven't had an interest. I'm fine with my DIS family here.

I like Nicole's analogy of a family reunion. I think that is just perfect to explain how everyone feels.

Wow, how great of Lou to dream big and put it out there! :thumbsup2

Wonder what the podcast team has planned for 3.0 :rolleyes:...my guess is it's on the new ship (or :idea: maybe it's the repositioning cruise of the Wonder). If anyone could secure space on the inaugural cruise, I'd say Pete's the guy to pull it off! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'd so be there! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,
:flower3:

I could never do another podcast's cruise. I would feel like I was cheating on Pete.

Catholic guilt is a powerful thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter