Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

It seems like there are a lot of activities in Fathoms. I'm having a difficult time finding a deck plan that shows just where this is on the new Magic. Anybody know what deck?

Has anyone booked the cabanas on Castaway Cay? Any reviews or thoughts?

Val & I enjoyed a cabana (#15 IIRC) on CC in May. Very nice experience! You get a nice place to relax. Refrigerator stocked with water and soft drinks (and cold towels) and sun screen. A push button summons an attendant for anything you want (think adult beverages). You get free use of the floats/tubes and a private beach area.

Just to add to the above, the cost of a cabana is pretty high. Sometimes people will get together and share.

Its probably too late to get a cabana for this sailing as these tend to go very, very quickly.

We booked and used our family cabana for the Magic's New York to Bahamas cruise in 2012. It was awesome. DD 15 yrs at the time refused the teen excursions since she wanted to spend as much time as possible enjoying the cabana. The downside was the distance to the jet ski or excursions closer to the ship. Our concierge offered us the golf cart ride, without it it would have been a long trek. We loved the unlimited water, soft drinks and fresh fruit. Cold wash cloths, our own personal hammock, shelter from the sun and RAIN within, tables to put our buffet lunch on, our own private quiet part of the beach shared with alot less people. There were enough couches and chairs to recline and relax. The floats were also sitting outside our cabana.
We did it once for the experience, enjoyed it but I can think of better things such as spa treatments that I can use my $549 on for 3 people and I love Serenity bay.

Brenda

I hope we can all find time during the cruise to do a group viewing of Big Hero 6. :3dglasses

I hope we can all find time during the cruise to do a group viewing of Big Hero 6. :3dglasses

Based on past cruises- I have a hunch Big Hero 6 will be shown in the theater one evening as our entertainment that evening. I know we saw Tangled on one of the PCC cruises shortly after it was released.

Based on past cruises- I have a hunch Big Hero 6 will be shown in the theater one evening as our entertainment that evening. I know we saw Tangled on one of the PCC cruises shortly after it was released.

We saw Brave on one of them. PCC 3.0???

We saw Frozen the day it was released on the Dream. The crowd entering the Walt Disney Theater was worse than the old rope drop at the Magic Kingdom.
Every seat was taken plus the stairs for late comers.
Does anyone know what movies will be showing?

I'm down!!

That would be fun popcorn::

I remember that, too.

We saw Frozen the day it was released on the Dream. The crowd entering the Walt Disney Theater was worse than the old rope drop at the Magic Kingdom.
Every seat was taken plus the stairs for late comers.
Does anyone know what movies will be showing?

I read that the movies are:
List of movies for our cruise (subject to change): Big Hero 6, Planes Fire & Rescue, Maleficent, Alexander Very Bad Day, Frozen, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saving Mr. Banks, The Hundred Foot Journey, Captain America The Winter Soldier.

I think you're right!

So I really do think Big Hero 6 will be available in the Walt Disney Theater.

I have not heard what other movies will be in the movie theater though. I honestly do not even know what's out there now!
And as much as we say we will always plan to take time to watch a few movies- we have still never seen a movie on a cruise (except in the main theater)!!

Movies --- one of the myriad of things I love about DCL.

New releases, ones I missed, ones I want to see again...

Any word on when those of us who booked pre/post cruise stays at WDW will receive our Disney resort reservation number?

Thank you!

Any word on when those of us who booked pre/post cruise stays at WDW will receive our Disney resort reservation number?

Thank you!

I am still waiting to hear from Disney groups with that information. I promise that as soon as I have it I will make sure everyone who booked pre/post cruise stays will get the information.

I appreciate your patience.

We believe it is rotation 3, CLACCLA. This is subject to change but this is what I have heard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter