Podcast 2.0 Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it takes working for a while to realize that your Mom wasn't so dumb about the need to go to school.

I'm glad she has seen that an education can help - I took a year out between high school and university, it really helped me to focus when I got back to school and I got to do some fun stuff in the meantime!
Best of luck to her!

Just wish my 13 year old would realize that Mom is not so dumb - sometimes it is over the top hysterical when she tries to pull one over on me.

It sure did take working and living on her own to help her see that school is worth the investment. Living with irresponsible roommates and working dead end jobs are real life lessons.

Just wish my 13 year old would realize that Mom is not so dumb - sometimes it is over the top hysterical when she tries to pull one over on me.

It sure did take working and living on her own to help her see that school is worth the investment. Living with irresponsible roommates and working dead end jobs are real life lessons.

Until you go through it you just don't know! Even if you are sensible. I know my brother is finding out how hard it can be having lodgers in your house, he (and his then GF) stayed in our house for a while and he wondered why we got mad coming home to a sink full of dirty dishes (and bits of food and half full of water) every week or annoyed at all the things that got broken or damaged!

Good Morning Everyone - Happy Tuesday!!

My morning started out with me getting a Shower fully clothed as I left my umbrella in my office at work.

I will be in an all day training on "Trust" today.

Jessica moves back home today. I am definitely looking forward to her being closer and proud of her for making the decision to go back to school. It is not going to be smooth sailing.

Hopefully Jess' transition back to living at home goes smoothly for you and for her.

My morning started out with me getting a Shower fully clothed as I left my umbrella in my office at work.

I "trust" you are dry by now. I have sun now, but will get your rain next two days.

Last week of staying up late for movies made me sleep in too late to get in walk before work. I did it this morning! Glad I did not forget how to do it. "Just put one foot in front of the other", that's what partner told me to do.

Good morning everyone.

Airfare for Food & Wine and PC 2.0 went down on Southwest. I was able to save a decent chunk of money for future travel.

90 day mark isn't too far away!

Good morning everyone.

Airfare for Food & Wine and PC 2.0 went down on Southwest. I was able to save a decent chunk of money for future travel.

I spotted those markdowns on Friday and now have $30 in credits toward future flights.

Oh no :sad2: I hope you dried off ok? I managed to get soaked walking to my car as it decided to rain as I was leaving - as soon as I got in it stopped :rolleyes:

I "trust" you are dry by now. I have sun now, but will get your rain next two days.

Last week of staying up late for movies made me sleep in too late to get in walk before work. I did it this morning! Glad I did not forget how to do it. "Just put one foot in front of the other", that's what partner told me to do.

:rotfl: Very true, but thinking about doing it and actually doing are totally different!

Good morning everyone.

:woohoo: :woohoo: That is great - more money for DATW :goodvibes The cost of our flights have gone up dramatically - I'm glad I'm an early planner ;) We looked at them last year for DAP (I was toying with going for the weekend and calling in sick to work :laughing:) and they were still reasonable in Oct/Nov - maybe they will drop again :confused3

Good Morning Everyone !!! Very hot and steamy here today. I like Summer, but I'm really over this terrible heat.

I keep checking Southwest and my flights..but no changes in airfare. Keep hoping that I can get some credits so that I can take a quick trip to WDW for my birthday in October.

Here's wishing everyone a GREAT day!!

Until you go through it you just don't know! Even if you are sensible. I know my brother is finding out how hard it can be having lodgers in your house, he (and his then GF) stayed in our house for a while and he wondered why we got mad coming home to a sink full of dirty dishes (and bits of food and half full of water) every week or annoyed at all the things that got broken or damaged!

Life tends to bring tough lessons - have phone and electricity turned off because roommate did not pay the bills was a biggie.

I am glad on a personal level to have her closer but not looking forward to the sister drama.

Sometimes you just can't teach them. They have to learn for themselves. My niece just graduated at the beginning of June. At that time she was so excited because she was going away to college. She couldn't wait to move away and start her own life and be as far away from her stepdad as she could. She met a boy sometime that month, and she is now not going away. She is in love. You try and tell her that she should come first and not this boy. She's no longer talking to me :)

We were doing a Sunday DATW practice run over at the world showcase with some out of town friends... Much to my joy Germany has gotten thier liquor license back and are serving Jagermister again (it's been about 3 years since they let the license expire)...:banana:

They also have the Apple liquor available...

More options for DATW are always welcome!

We were doing a Sunday DATW practice run over at the world showcase with some out of town friends... Much to my joy Germany has gotten thier liquor license back and are serving Jagermister again (it's been about 3 years since they let the license expire)...:banana:

Thanks for taking one for the team and doing a DATW practice run!

Have fun!

Sometimes you just can't teach them. They have to learn for themselves. My niece just graduated at the beginning of June. At that time she was so excited because she was going away to college. She couldn't wait to move away and start her own life and be as far away from her stepdad as she could. She met a boy sometime that month, and she is now not going away. She is in love. You try and tell her that she should come first and not this boy. She's no longer talking to me :)

That is a shame, as sometimes the people you push away stay away when you may need them in future. I am glad I always had a good relationship with my parents, in fact my Mum always used to wonder when I was gonna get into trouble as I was fairly quiet and didn't push the boundaries :laughing:
I hope she comes around before other things in life may prevent her from doing what she wants to (even if she doesn't know what she wants to do!)

Tough life eh ;) Will there be pictures? I think we should all get some homework to study and try these drinks out before hand :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter