Please Read my FIRST TRIP REPORT TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT!

I' m loving your report. I feel like I'm right there. I haven't been to Rising Star yet so that was fun to see so thanks for all the great pictures. What a great looking couple you two are!

Thank You all for the wonderful sweet comments. I am so glad you like my first TR. Since I am done with winter term and I just finished finals so I will be working on day 2 today. Hope you all stick around for more!

Day 2: May 2, 2008...2 parks 1 day!

"Express Pass on all the rides! Is it too good to be true????"

We woke up at 7am, yes 7am! We were so excited :woohoo: to eat breakfast and be at the parks when they open at 9am. I was the first to wake up and Scott was still groggy and wanted a few more minutes to sleep. I went straight to the curtains and brushed them open. Oh my goodness what a view at 7am, so beautiful! The fresh flowers, :flower3: the pond, and the beautiful palm trees swaying in the breeze. It was as if I woke up in the middle of Hawaii or Tahiti. There was no time to spare, time to get moving..So I showered and got ready for a day of Adventures..Scott finally woke up and took a shower. We turned on the hotel tv and put it on channel 24. :happytv: Universal channel, and watched some tips for the parks and resorts. Around 8:15am we headed to the Resort Tickets desk on the Lobby floor (floor 3) and purchased our tickets. Along with our tickets we got a 20% discount off merchandise at the Universal Studios Store in Universal and the Islands of Adventure store. It helped us later on when we purchased THING 1 and THING 2 shirts (but thats later in the TR).

After purchasing the tickets we strolled downstairs to Islands Dining Room. They had a breakfast buffet that we were looking forward to. Once again we were greeted and seated right away. Wonderful service.:thumbsup2

Our waiter approached us immediately and explained there is a full service menu OR the buffet. We said BUFFET please. The menu looked divine as well, but buffet was much more worth it.
So we sat and ate our breakfast....it was yummy, Scott LOVED his breakfast.:love:

maytrip129.jpg

The Menu at Islands, we opted for the Buffet.

maytrip130.jpg

Scott already picking out what he wanted to eat.

They had a variety for everyones tummys desires. They had scrambled eggs, omlet station, pancakes, waffles, french toast, cereal station, yogurt parfait, fresh fruit watermelon, strawberries, canteloupe, honeydew,pineapple. Bagles, Toast, fresh salmon, oatmeal, gritz, biscuits and gravey (scotts favorite) cinnamon buns, danishes (cheese,apple, cherry) sweet breads. Tropical Juices. Yumm what a buffet!

maytrip131.jpg

The delicious looking cinnamon buns.

So by 8:50 we were done with our King Style feast of Breakfast and paid our wonderful waiter and headed to the Water Taxi. We passed the pool and it looked delicous, we decided that later we would jump in!

maytrip132.jpg

Dr Dooms Fear Fall, looking at that got me all excited. Scott wasnt sure about that ride.

maytrip134.jpg

Scott and I on the boat, we were just ready and jittery to get to the parks.

maytrip135.jpg

I loved this airplane at the RPH.

As the "skipper" undocked the boat we headed towards the park.:woohoo:

The day was beautiful and sunny with a light breeze, we docked at CityWalk and walked towards Universal...we chose to do Universal as the first park. The photographers were there already to take pictures of you.

maytrip062.jpg

The boat arriving at 9am to Universal
maytrip063.jpg

So cool.

maytrip064.jpg

We wanted some pics by the Universal Globe before we headed in.
maytrip065.jpg

maytrip066.jpg

The Universal photographer made us pose like that, he took a picture with my camera and his camera. Im not really liking the pose, but whatever.:eek:

maytrip067.jpg

Scott is ready to go in, no more pictures! lol.

(I apologize, photobucket had some errors on uploading my pics, so I will have to finish later. Sorry for the inconvenience but I will have more later.)

Coming Up:
Still Day 2: Universal Studios

"The Simpson Ride, Only 10 Minute wait"

Hey.. I'm loving the trip report so far! I'm really glad you enjoyed the resort.

I'll be there in a few weeks. I CAN'T WAIT!

Looking forward to the rest. :)

:lovestruc :love: your TR sister, you and Scott look like you had a GREAT time

Keep it comingpopcorn::

Hey.. I'm loving the trip report so far! I'm really glad you enjoyed the resort.

I'll be there in a few weeks. I CAN'T WAIT!

Looking forward to the rest. :)

OMG im soo glad your hear reading my report, I was hoping you would see it. Because you gave me soo much tips on planning my vacation! Thank You.. i hope you enjoy

Love, love, love your trip report and the pictures too! OMG, keep it comin'!popcorn::

Thank You...

Thank You to all your comments, like i said I hope to get out the rest of day 2 today but if not, it will be on tomorrow.! Hope you all stick with me.

Great trip report. I've only been to Universal once,because my kids were never big enough to go on the rides. Now that they are older, we can go,so reading this will help us plan our trip!!! I love when people are very detailed. I love to feel like I was there with you!( no, I'm not a weirdo!LOL)

OMG im soo glad your hear reading my report, I was hoping you would see it. Because you gave me soo much tips on planning my vacation! Thank You.. i hope you enjoy

Aww. I'm so happy! :laughing:

You're helping me plan mine too! I have to do Rising Star for sure.. And I've never even considered going to Latin Quarter but it looks so good!

So yes.. more please. :)

Great trip report. I've only been to Universal once,because my kids were never big enough to go on the rides. Now that they are older, we can go,so reading this will help us plan our trip!!! I love when people are very detailed. I love to feel like I was there with you!( no, I'm not a weirdo!LOL)

No, I dont think your wierd lol! Im so glad it makes you feel like your there...

There is more coming, LOTS more. I took 309 Pics this trip!

Oh Also, please excuse my typos I am a fast typer and make lots of mistakes especially spelling. I apologize.

(Ok back to work on the TR)

As we entered Universal Studios, we decided to head to the Simpsons Ride because we were told that you cannot use your hotel key/express pass for the ride. So we started to walk towards the Krustyland. Although I had to take pictures. I love vintage Hollywood!

maytrip069.jpg

I love Lucille Ball and Audrey Hepburn. So I screamed and said "Scott we have to go there, lets go in the exhibit NOW!" He said "No Alexis, on the way out, we have to get to the SImpsons Ride now" So I said Ok! So we kept on walking towards the ride. It was logical to check out the exhibit at the end because the Simpsons Ride would be a longer wait.
maytrip070.jpg

I thought this was so cute. I am not sure what it is but I loved it.

maytrip071.jpg

THE BROWN DERBY! LOL i love the episode of I love lucy when Lucy eats at the Brown Derby, so OF COURSE i had to take a picture.

Kept on walking, it was so great there was like nobody there. It was so quiet, we practically had the park to ourselves. I guess its best to get there at 9am when it opens. There is no excitement like Theme Park Excitement, and that is just what we had.

maytrip138.jpg

A pink old car, my favorite color is pink.

I basically took pictures as we were walking towards the simpson ride. I take a picture for any reason. Scott was laughing because the camera was non stop. I guess guys arent "camera-happy".

maytrip139.jpg

The park is quiet and the day looks delicious.

maytrip140.jpg

My moms name is Carmen, so I had to take a picture of that. I didnt go in but it looked super cute from outside.

maytrip141.jpg

Universal really made me feel i was in Hollywood, Ca in 1945.

A little bit more walking, almost there!
maytrip142.jpg

Perfect, we found the sign of where to go to ride The Simpsons.

maytrip143.jpg

We found it! YAY....Kwik-E-Mart looks soo real lol. So we saw the sign and 10 min wait. FANTASTIC...Lets get going....BUT we must take a picture by it lol

maytrip145.jpg

The simpsons ride employee named Chad took our photo. Thanks Chad!

maytrip144.jpg

Scott was so excited it was opened, ALL month before our trip he talked about the Simpsons ride.
maytrip146.jpg

After 10 min of waiting, we walked inside and watched the preshow. The inside looked like a Carnival. I was told by an employee I cant take photos anymore. So unfortunatley I couldnt take anymore photos. After the preshow you go in a tiny room with a fun mirror and watch like a 2 min preshow again. Then you head into your simulator. And off you go. WHAT an AMAZING ride. It was soo much fun. I dont want to give it away for those who will be riding it soon. But it is excellent and Scott and I give it two thumbs up! (Well that would be 4 thumbs up lol):rotfl2:

After the ride we walked towards Men In Black. We showed our hotel key and right away we were in the express line and got to the front of the line. Attendant asked "How many?" "2 please" Then she explained I have to head back to the lockers and put my bag away, we are not allowed to have purses on the ride. So I walked back out and put my bag in a locker. I thought it was a great idea especially for roller coasters. Although MIB isnt a roller coaster, so I wonder why they dont want purses on the ride? I love how they have lockers by each ride, very convenient. Anyway I put my purse in the locker just by the touch of a finger print. and VOILA I was back in line in the express lane. NOT even 1 minute of waiting. EXCELLENT!
I wish I had my camera to take pictures on the ride but they wouldnt allow photography. ( Gotta follow the rules right??) I wish I had my camera because I beat scott killing those aliens. I got a score of around 95,000 and he got a score around 47,000...I wish I had proof for you all, but just take my word lol.

maytrip147.jpg

Inside the MIB lab. Aliens at work.

After we were done looking at our goofy photo killing aliens we saw a band from South Carolina HighSchool playing their instruments. They were very good. Of course I took some pictures.

maytrip149.jpg

maytrip148.jpg

Scott enjoyed it, he used to play in a marching band when he was in highschool. He played the saxaphone.

Walking towards Jaws I saw a nice view of Krustyland.
maytrip150.jpg

Very colorful and vibrant.

Now more walking, on to riding JAWS!

Coming up

Still Day 2: More Rides

"Within 2 hours we were in New England killing a shark, on a subway in San Fransisco, and then back in time searching for mummys"

As we entered Universal Studios, we decided to head to the Simpsons Ride because we were told that you cannot use your hotel key/express pass for the ride. So we started to walk towards the Krustyland. Although I had to take pictures. I love vintage Hollywood!

maytrip069.jpg

I love Lucille Ball and Audrey Hepburn. So I screamed and said "Scott we have to go there, lets go in the exhibit NOW!" He said "No Alexis, on the way out, we have to get to the SImpsons Ride now" So I said Ok! So we kept on walking towards the ride. It was logical to check out the exhibit at the end because the Simpsons Ride would be a longer wait.
maytrip070.jpg

I thought this was so cute. I am not sure what it is but I loved it.

maytrip071.jpg

THE BROWN DERBY! LOL i love the episode of I love lucy when Lucy eats at the Brown Derby, so OF COURSE i had to take a picture.

Kept on walking, it was so great there was like nobody there. It was so quiet, we practically had the park to ourselves. I guess its best to get there at 9am when it opens. There is no excitement like Theme Park Excitement, and that is just what we had.

maytrip138.jpg

A pink old car, my favorite color is pink.

I basically took pictures as we were walking towards the simpson ride. I take a picture for any reason. Scott was laughing because the camera was non stop. I guess guys arent "camera-happy".

maytrip139.jpg

The park is quiet and the day looks delicious.

maytrip140.jpg

My moms name is Carmen, so I had to take a picture of that. I didnt go in but it looked super cute from outside.

maytrip141.jpg

Universal really made me feel i was in Hollywood, Ca in 1945.

A little bit more walking, almost there!
maytrip142.jpg

Perfect, we found the sign of where to go to ride The Simpsons.

maytrip143.jpg

We found it! YAY....Kwik-E-Mart looks soo real lol. So we saw the sign and 10 min wait. FANTASTIC...Lets get going....BUT we must take a picture by it lol

maytrip145.jpg

The simpsons ride employee named Chad took our photo. Thanks Chad!

maytrip144.jpg

Scott was so excited it was opened, ALL month before our trip he talked about the Simpsons ride.
maytrip146.jpg

After 10 min of waiting, we walked inside and watched the preshow. The inside looked like a Carnival. I was told by an employee I cant take photos anymore. So unfortunatley I couldnt take anymore photos. After the preshow you go in a tiny room with a fun mirror and watch like a 2 min preshow again. Then you head into your simulator. And off you go. WHAT an AMAZING ride. It was soo much fun. I dont want to give it away for those who will be riding it soon. But it is excellent and Scott and I give it two thumbs up! (Well that would be 4 thumbs up lol):rotfl2:

After the ride we walked towards Men In Black. We showed our hotel key and right away we were in the express line and got to the front of the line. Attendant asked "How many?" "2 please" Then she explained I have to head back to the lockers and put my bag away, we are not allowed to have purses on the ride. So I walked back out and put my bag in a locker. I thought it was a great idea especially for roller coasters. Although MIB isnt a roller coaster, so I wonder why they dont want purses on the ride? I love how they have lockers by each ride, very convenient. Anyway I put my purse in the locker just by the touch of a finger print. and VOILA I was back in line in the express lane. NOT even 1 minute of waiting. EXCELLENT!
I wish I had my camera to take pictures on the ride but they wouldnt allow photography. ( Gotta follow the rules right??) I wish I had my camera because I beat scott killing those aliens. I got a score of around 95,000 and he got a score around 47,000...I wish I had proof for you all, but just take my word lol.

maytrip147.jpg

Inside the MIB lab. Aliens at work.

After we were done looking at our goofy photo killing aliens we saw a band from South Carolina HighSchool playing their instruments. They were very good. Of course I took some pictures.

maytrip149.jpg

maytrip148.jpg

Scott enjoyed it, he used to play in a marching band when he was in highschool. He played the saxaphone.

Walking towards Jaws I saw a nice view of Krustyland.
maytrip150.jpg

Very colorful and vibrant.

Now more walking, on to riding JAWS!

Coming up

Still Day 2: More Rides

"Within 2 hours we were in New England killing a shark, on a subway in San Fransisco, and then back in time searching for mummys"

"I next week's episode....Same bat time same bat channel"
I can't wait. u got me checking every hour... :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter